Who wants a Gotham City Sirens diorama?!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcmarv

Super Freak
Reaction score
:wave Hi all! New fellow here from the sunny isle of Singapore!

Was wondering, who would like to see a Gotham City Sirens diorama from SS? This would be first on at least two levels: first SS DC dio, and first all-female dio from SS! I can think of so many exciting EX options for this one!! Comments please!! :pray:

Would be nice, but probably very expensive as there would be 3 figures, and probable more heads, and arms to changeout. Also SS is already going to have Ivy PF coming out soon, with Catwoman PF and Harley PF in planning stages right now. In about 1 1/2 years we'll have them out as well, and can put them together.

Yeah! I reckon an eventual 1/4 "dio" would be great, but to have them altogether on a single base would be sweet as well :) Plus, we get to see them in different, perhaps more dynamic poses, as compared to the museum poses that PFs tend to have :) Price-wise it should be around 350, just like the Dark X-Men dio, but totally worth it for me. I just love the Sirens!

Last edited:
I would have to pass on this. What I want is all three in PF format with bases that compliment (not match) each other. Then you could essentially make your own diorama.

I would have to pass on this. What I want is all three in PF format with bases that compliment (not match) each other. Then you could essentially make your own diorama.

That's an interesting thought! What would you figure for the Catwoman and Quinn bases?

Personally, barring the Artgerm concept art for Selina, I want her to have her left leg up on a leather chair, with whipping action with her right hand.

Stanley's art for Harley's fine, and I think it shows off her acrobatic bod well, but would really love to see her standing on a giant deck of cards just to camp it up.

If these turn out like I described :pray:, I would pose Ivy in the middle, Catwoman on Ivy's right, and Harley on her left.

I'm not exactly sure. But, if the bases all had a matching shape and similar size, but each was appropriate to the character, that would be awesome IMO.

I'm thinking the bottom most part of the base could match (two round circular like discs with the little ornate designs around them) but instead of the top part being the ground with the plants, one could be something like the inside of a bank for Catwoman and some kind of design for Harley (can't think of what right at the moment).

Even though they are all fairy different, I do think that Batman, Ivy and Joker's base all compliment each other very well.

I'm not exactly sure. But, if the bases all had a matching shape and similar size, but each was appropriate to the character, that would be awesome IMO.

I'm thinking the bottom most part of the base could match (two round circular like discs with the little ornate designs around them) but instead of the top part being the ground with the plants, one could be something like the inside of a bank for Catwoman and some kind of design for Harley (can't think of what right at the moment).

Even though they are all fairy different, I do think that Batman, Ivy and Joker's base all compliment each other very well.

Yes! I see that for Joker and Ivy. Little ornate "furnishings", shall I say. Joker's base had little clown faces, and Ivy's base is kinda like a massive Grecian plant pot. All very majestic and fitting to the characters' motifs. Incidentally, VinceVell discovered an Arnold head in a Joker base in one of his how-to videos on YT, wonder what we'll get for Ivy? :lol (Not that I want to crack it open to see...) :nono

Love the Sirens! A SS dio of them would be awesome!

But, I'm already invested in an Ivy EX and I'm planning on definitely getting a Harley PF and Catwoman PF also. So having a dio plus the 3 PFs I'll eventually own would be a lil' over excessive to me. The PFs of the trio will be enough for this Siren fan.

I do agree that the poses they could come up with could be fantastic though in a dio. Imagine the possibilities! Some of the cover arts come to mind. :drool:

I don't think there's really a need. You already have the original Cover Girls statues or the Gotham Girls animated statues that complement each other nicely. And I'm sure Sideshow will have PFs of Catwoman and Harley on the market sooner rather than later.

I don't think there's really a need. You already have the original Cover Girls statues or the Gotham Girls animated statues that complement each other nicely. And I'm sure Sideshow will have PFs of Catwoman and Harley on the market sooner rather than later.

Well I guess I can never have enough of these three vixens!! :lol But you gotta remember, the lines you mentioned, even the upcoming PFs, are likely to have museum poses. A diorama would be cool if they incorporated dynamic poses for them! Here are some examples of a healthy blend of both!

gotham-city-sirens-comic-1.jpg

743569-first_look_at_gothams_streets_and_sirens_20090317045957107_1_.jpg

Gotham-City-Sirens.jpg

tumblr_m9kxshUPow1qcly7zo1_1280.jpg

By the way, I do remember seeing SS reply to a FB post about the Harley PF, about how she's coming up for preorder in a few months. I'm hoping that would be when Ivy is actually released in May (if they don't delay her again). If Harley does go up for preorder in a few months, come to think of it, could Ivy's delay have anything to do with SS wanting to keep a consistent Batman villains interest/theme going on?

Last edited:
Yup, those are some of the poses I was referring too. It would all depend on which dynamic pose they go with. It would either make or break this dio, if they did choose to make it of course.

1/5 would be a nice scale for this I would think.

Yup, those are some of the poses I was referring too. It would all depend on which dynamic pose they go with. It would either make or break this dio, if they did choose to make it of course.

1/5 would be a nice scale for this I would think.

Wow that would be another first for SS, wouldn't it? I reckon that past dios with 3 or more characters only came in 1/7 to 1/6 scales. This would be like 3 comiquettes together!! IF they do make it in this scale, and be able to tag a 350 price on it, I would be first in line to preorder. :clap

Probably not gonna happen in this scale though. But one can :pray:

Alternatively, I can just picture the three ladies lounging sensually in the jaws of a giant fully-bloomed man eating plant that has venomously pink and purple-hued petals on the inside. Very Aphroditean, with a wicked comic twist.

Well I just made up that scale in my head for a moment when I typed it. I don't actually own any SS dios, so I wouldn't know what scale SS actually made them in. I only collect 1/4 SS pieces mostly, so I just figured they go with something a tad smaller. Didn't realize how small SS actually went with, 1/6 or even 1/7. Sounds tiny compared to what I'm used to. But, I guess having the trio on the same base would be pretty huge at 1/5, lol. Would be incredible though.

Btw, I like your suggestions for the base. I would probably buy something like that, since it would look totally different than just a simple base and museum pose like the PFs.

This dio would be pretty pointless. All they need to do is make sure the bases for the three PFs, which we already know they are doing, are the same height. That way they basically can be displayed together as a set.

Well I guess I can never have enough of these three vixens!! :lol But you gotta remember, the lines you mentioned, even the upcoming PFs, are likely to have museum poses. A diorama would be cool if they incorporated dynamic poses for them!

The Gotham Girls statues aren't museum poses:

statueanimatedcatwoman.jpg

statueharleyquinn.jpg

statuepoisionivyanimated.jpg

DC Direct did also do animated maquettes of Catwoman and Harley in museum poses, so there's the option of mixing and matching.

Back