Why no Vasquez

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith99

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Why is Neca not making Vasquez. Shes like the most popular figure from Aliens and there are alot of fans crying out to Neca to make her but it seems to have fell on deaf ears. You could do at least 3 versions of her. I was thinking of swamping their facebook page with MAKE VASQUEZ

It seems a lot of fans want her. So Neca is gonna do a series two with Hicks and a helmet, and a Busted Alien, and Hudson with a helmet and a busted Alien. I cant for the life of me understand why they wont do her. Jenette Goldstein has not even been contacted by Neca according to her Twitter page. She is interested in letting them use her image so what the hell is going on. Give us Vasquez, not retools of figures. Neca are nearly as good as Hot Toys, their latest figures are awesome in such small scale.

Yep, hopefully the ball is in motion. Fans have reached out to both sides (Neca and Ms. Goldstein) via social media and maybe something happens.

I just hope Neca isnt trying to pull any shinanigans (lowball/insulting offers) and can succeed where hot toys failed (or where hot toys appears to have not even tried) and acquire the actual likenesses of Vaz, Drake and Apone.

(And once I have them, I'll demand Crowe, Frost, Ski, and Dietrich)

Add "NECA" to the thread title b4 posting :lol

Also why new thread? And why not ask 'em on facebook?!

It would be good if they made all of the marines. I doubt they will but Vasquez with a smart gun would make me and countless fans happy. Enough with the Aliens, we want marines. Come on Neca you got Sly Stallone and I bet he wasnt cheap. Surely you can pay the actress a fair fee to use her likeness.

Lot of newbs are posting new threads for really stupid questions. If only they realised they could google some answers.

I'm thinking that NECA was perhaps trying to reduce our expectations for other marines in case Hicks and Hudson don't sell well and they decide from that that they don't want to make any more marines. If Hicks and Hudson do sell only then will they contact Jennette Goldstein and Mark Rolston etc. IMO of what the situation is.

NECA isn't making Vasquez. Just like they weren't making an ED-209. Just like they would never make an Alien Queen. Thats what they do. They like to surprise their fans and come out of left field with stuff.

I'm thinking that NECA was perhaps trying to reduce our expectations for other marines in case Hicks and Hudson don't sell well and they decide from that that they don't want to make any more marines. If Hicks and Hudson do sell only then will they contact Jennette Goldstein and Mark Rolston etc. IMO of what the situation is.

ye but not before we get 10 variants of Hicks and Hudson...... lol :lol

Vasquez is very cool, but I want also a Neca Bishop figure.
Its not a Marine, but Bishop is a smart charakter in aliens.

Maybe NECA's not making Vasquez because she's just too bad.

Ha! That was awesome.
For figures like this that Neca may be unsure of making due to fear of taking a loss I'd be up for a Matty collector type of approach and prepay/prebuy so neca knows they will turn a profit before they invest all that cash.
Just my 2 cents though.

Neca's just ****ed up like that. Plain and simple. But then, they come back months or years later with what you want. Simple example, Kyle Reece. I asked them in 2011 about a Reece, and theysaid No. We have no plans for other charactets besides T1000 and T800. Now we have Kyle... I also asked them about a Berserker for the Geard of War line. They said we have zero plans on large scale figures because the cost of them wouldn't bring profit. Now we have 1/4 figures.
Basically what you want from them now, will be seen years fown the pipe. Which is nice to finally see done, but only after you are over collecting the line.
I hope they go full blast with the Aliens line like they have with Predator. Cause what sums up the 80's and 90's Sci Fi film genre other than Terminator, Predator, and Aliens?

Because not only would she look like a man but she would be painted to look like she has Down's Syndrome as well.

Lot of newbs are posting new threads for really stupid questions. If only they realised they could google some answers.

Whoa, dude...

Back on topic.. Vasquez with a Smart Gun is an absolutely iconic no-brainer figure.. preferably with a stand that has 'Let's Rock!' on it.
:rock

Back