i hate casts! need medical advice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had some really bad luck over the past 6 months and ended up breaking my hand twice.
First time I completely shattered my 5th metacarpal at its base. Had it pinned in surgery and was in a cast for like 5 weeks. First two weeks in cast were wasted as the bone slipped so that's why I needed surgery. **** that sucked.

I barely got my hand back to full strength and while playing with my son I tripped and fell and broke my 5th metacarpal again, this time at the head/joint of knuckle. Strange thing is it didn't hurt but my hand swelled to a balloon and my knuckle was pushed back so I knew I was ****ed. So again back in a fiberglass cast with my pinky and ring fingers locked together in a vice grip.

Another two-three weeks of no sleep while I try to cope with this ****. They say not to drink but ya right its the only thing that allows me to sleep with my ****ing hand in a vice grip.

Anyway had to vent..

if anyone has any tricks or suggestion for dealing with cast discomfort let me know. The cast bugs me more then the break, but I need it cause the bone slipped in the splint.

Cast are like cruel torture devices. If u want to get a prisoner to talk, cast both his hands for 2 weeks!!!!

Last edited:
Re: i hate casts!

Also all orthopedic surgeons should be required to wear them for a few days so they know what the hell it feels like... you would think modern medicine should have come up with better techniques by now. These cast are stupid because they don't isolate the break region as they extend over finger and past wrist. All this does is cause weakness in undamaged areas. Anything being done to advance medical treatments for broken bones?? There surely has to be a better way to secure breaks without covering/restricting undamaged bones, joints and tendons, especially if the break is not effected by movements in those undamaged regions.

Last edited:
Any one else read the thread too quick and thought it was "I hate CATS!"?

tumblr_mjh2p0LF4K1s83axso1_500.jpg

Back