Veronica Mars Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vivek

Super Freak
Reaction score
You Want A VERONICA MARS Movie? Well, It's Up To You | Badass Digest
Meredith Borders gives a nice brief explanation on why Veronica Mars rocks and why the movie is a good idea.

Kickstarter Launched to Fund the VERONICA MARS Movie | Collider

The Veronica Mars Movie Project by Rob Thomas - Kickstarter

As a fan of the show, I am glad to see Veronica Mars is trending now on Twitter and that the Veronica Mars movie is a possibility now :).

I already pledged $35 to get a digital version of the movie few days after the theatrical run. This also includes a t-shirt and PDF of the shooting script. For $50 you get the additional DVD along with the rest.

For those who have seen the first three seasons, you might remember they filmed a episode for season 4, which was only included on the final season DVD.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xV5p_BndJs]Veronica Mars: FBI Years. Season 4 canceled (ENG ) - YouTube[/ame]
Here are the 12 minutes from that episode.

For those not familiar with the show. Here are some quotes.

Stephen King described the series as "Nancy Drew meets Philip Marlowe, and the result is pure nitro. Why is Veronica Mars so good? It bears little resemblance to life as I know it, but I can't take my eyes off the damn thing"

Comics writer Ed Brubaker called it "the best mystery show ever made in America".

Joss Whedon said that it was the "Best. Show. Ever. Seriously, I've never gotten more wrapped up in a show I wasn't making, and maybe even more than those. These guys know what they're doing on a level that intimidates me. It's the Harry Potter of shows."

Last edited:
I watched one and a half seasons, and really enjoyed it. Not sure why I stopped. Bell doesn't seem to have any other major projects that would prohibit her from taking it on. Why not? I would see it on DVD.

Seems odd to me that its creator and star have to go to Kickstarter to get it made, though. Odd. Those guys can't come up with $2,000,000 on their own?

Never seen the show but they filmed every single episode in my hometown and the school they used on the show was real

Superficially it might look like just another teen high school show, but it really was a pretty rich and interesting detective show if you gave it a shot. Pretty dark at times.

After being online for few hours, it has crossed $800k now. Probably will reach one million later today and will surely reach its goal of $2 million and above in the coming days.

Just saw this. I LOVED this show and Veronica Mars!:love

Fun fact: my supervisor in my previous job knew Rob Thomas and created his production company's graphic (the three rats). She also got "written" into an episode of the final season where her character goes missing at a party and her (real) name is called out over the speakers looking for her. She's not actually in the episode, just her name. :)

Indeed, and even if they reach $2 million tomorrow, the funding period will remain open for one month till April 13. As they mentioned in the video, anything more than $2 million will help them expand their budget.

Up to $1.4 million now. It's crazy how fast this is going up. It'll have to slow down eventually.

:panic::panic::panic::panic:

:yess: I'm so happy!

I love VM! :rock

tumblr_m1exzzHaUA1r99f4t.gif

Back