PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys DX Anakin Skywalker (EP3)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

EVILFACE
02-22-2014, 02:27 PM
I just can't fathom why anyone wants an 'Anakin' figure? He wasn't a great character, mostly poorly acted, and his 'great tragedy' in transformation was rushed onscreen to say the least. I guess people want him more for what he represents than what he was. Better off, just get Darth Vader.

I liked him and like the look of the character. A purchase. If he is ever made.

At his peak and yet Obi-wan defeated him? Not much of a chosen one was he.

Anyone powerful can still snafu it and get beat. Just ask the Denver Broncos.

Wor-Gar
02-22-2014, 02:39 PM
Each to his own. But to use your word, EF... Meh.

CaptnRex
02-22-2014, 03:27 PM
I'd buy an Anakin figure, sold off my SSC one.

Anakin was more exciting than Grievous. That was a waste of what was supposed to be a villainous character, poorly executed, hardly menacing, that stupid cough and that crab walk thing, laughable.......

Niltusk
02-22-2014, 04:15 PM
I just can't fathom why anyone wants an 'Anakin' figure? He wasn't a great character, mostly poorly acted, and his 'great tragedy' in transformation was rushed onscreen to say the least. I guess people want him more for what he represents than what he was. Better off, just get Darth Vader.

I totally agree. I enjoyed the subtle changes in Anakin over the years in the Clone Wars, its sad that a children's cartoon captured the character much better than the films. I realize they had more time to pull off the changing personality, but it was more than that; in the series he comes off as more disillusioned/disappointed with the system and angry whereas the movies painted pure angst/crybaby. Fine line maybe, but I just think the character was mishandled in the films.

Darkarn009
02-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Noone is going to argue that the character had onscreen problems...
Despite what you think of the character and the on screen antics, the costume design and entire 'look' is pretty awesome.
In fact if Anakin had said nothing during the prequels most likely be a more popular character. Take Darth Maul...said like two lines in the entire movie...result being very popular due to his appearance.
That being said if you don't want this then that's fine but yes there are people out here that do want this, some of us have made that pretty clear throughout the thread so enough with the hate ok?

Wor-Gar
02-22-2014, 07:13 PM
I guess I have become the very thing I hate: an unforgiving critic.

There's a little Anakin tragedy in me after all. :)

jedibear
02-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Good grief....how many years has this thread limped along waiting for some real news or announcement to come?

Ugh....let's stick a fork in it...it's done. Don't think this figure is ever happening at this point. I for one WOULD like it. Hot Toys style of sculpting pout-laden, mopey looking portraits with sullen expressions and heavy eyes are exactly what Anakin calls for...I think the figure would hit the character just right. If ever there was a SW character crying out for PERS, this is it. And with Hot Toys unparallelled cut-n-sew, the Jedi outfit would look fantastic.

Yes, I'd like to see HT produce and Anakin figure....but considering all of the time that has elapsed and how DizWars is closing in, it's probably a given that if HT does do any more SW figures...it'll be the new Disney movie that becomes the focus, not the older ones....

Darkarn009
02-22-2014, 07:19 PM
I agee about the thread should be locked, pretty pointless being open this long without any prototype

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Niltusk
02-22-2014, 07:23 PM
I guess since Anakin has been done by SSC I hadn't paid as much attention to this as I do alot of releases, nbut I hadn't realized there hasn't even been a proto tease or anything. Really does make it seem all the more vapor...

Jaycepticon
02-22-2014, 08:15 PM
I agee about the thread should be locked, pretty pointless being open this long without any prototype

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

If that's the case, there's plenty of other threads that need locking:lol

CaptnRex
02-23-2014, 01:06 AM
I sold my SSC Anakin because of this thread!:gah::lol

VintijDroidGutzz
02-23-2014, 01:25 AM
I sold my SSC Anakin because of this thread!:gah::lol

Not a bad thing at all.. :huh :lol

CaptnRex
02-24-2014, 03:24 AM
Not a bad thing at all.. :huh :lol

Made a profit too mate.:horror

VintijDroidGutzz
02-24-2014, 05:46 AM
Good stuff! :hi5:

FLOSI
02-24-2014, 04:08 PM
Okay, I'm closing this thread. A new one would need to be opened if HT ever made this official anyway. Hope everyone understands. :)