PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys DX Anakin Skywalker (EP3)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

StarTrekFan
10-03-2013, 02:14 PM
I am a fan first of the original trilogy (ep 4,5,6), then the first episodes (1,2,3). I am not sure what the plans are for the new trilogy but I don't think I will be collecting those. There are so many star wars characters in the first 6 movies already.

banthafett
10-03-2013, 04:18 PM
To me from the interview it sounds like they don't like having to share the money with SS, and are waiting for a new contract ,which will be the disney sw flicks.

Wah
10-03-2013, 05:45 PM
I am a fan first of the original trilogy (ep 4,5,6), then the first episodes (1,2,3). I am not sure what the plans are for the new trilogy but I don't think I will be collecting those. There are so many star wars characters in the first 6 movies already.

hey startrekfan, don't you know, howard does not acknowledge your existence :wink1:

CaptnRex
10-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Weren't people saying they'd price themselves out of the market when these hit $300?

I agree though, when will too much be too much for a figure?

shockwave
10-04-2013, 05:12 AM
Weren't people saying they'd price themselves out of the market when these hit $300?

I agree though, when will too much be too much for a figure?

All I know is this for the price of this fig; it better have a cord to pull from the back to hear some great quotes from the movie...............:wink1:

SixthScaleEdward
10-04-2013, 06:02 AM
"No..it's because I'm so in love with you." :monkey3

dsokyra
10-04-2013, 08:24 AM
The ONLY reason I'm not priced out of this hobby is SSC's flexpay option...and even with that, I'm barely hangin on lol!

VintijDroidGutzz
10-04-2013, 08:35 AM
"No..it's because I'm so in love with you." :monkey3

:lol :lol :lol

AND.. :lecture

"I HATE YOU!!!!"

:lol

lerath666
10-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Must've missed that edition of the Wall Street Journal.

I forget if it was Milk, or toy hunters blog. Feel free to dig to find more if you like.

lerath666
10-04-2013, 09:10 AM
The ONLY reason I'm not priced out of this hobby is SSC's flexpay option...and even with that, I'm barely hangin on lol!

you and me Both.

Dracula
10-04-2013, 09:23 AM

AND.. :lecture

"I HATE YOU!!!!"

One of the best lines from ROTS. The way he delivered it with such emotion and anger... amazing. But I wouldn't want to have talking dolls. :lol

TheFiend
10-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Literally the only good acting he did in either movie. The delivery was executed nicely.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Dracula
10-04-2013, 09:44 AM
^Nonsense. :lol

lerath666
10-04-2013, 10:51 AM
while not the only , it is, some of his best acting period.

RIDDICK
10-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Literally the only good acting he did in either movie.

http://static.tumblr.com/ryyquiu/VwIm4q59x/anakin-skywalker-force-choke.jpg

Darkarn009
10-04-2013, 09:26 PM
I actually really enjoyed this scene from ep2...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfevBIsVG1o

RavenEye
10-04-2013, 11:13 PM
I actually really enjoyed this scene from ep2...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfevBIsVG1o

"I killed them.... Not just the men, but the... women... and children too... They're animals... AND I SLAUGHTERED THEM LIKE ANIMALS...

*cries*"

Enthus
10-04-2013, 11:39 PM
I would love a Sith head and a regular head on this. My dream would be two bodies and 3 heads (Ep. II, III, and Sith III).

Uncanny Web-Slinger
10-05-2013, 12:26 AM

One of his better scenes.

Now i know Padme loves little orphan Anni, whose she's know since before his ***** dropped :horror
But he admits to murdering a bunch of men in the deseet and the women and the damn children.

That's a Red flag lady!!!!!

Makes her shock over his killing Younglings in the next movie seem surprising now since she knew he was a child killer already.

Dracula
10-05-2013, 12:46 AM

And people say he's a bad actor. They don't know what they're talking about or they just mad. :lol

Dracula
10-05-2013, 12:50 AM
One of his better scenes.

Now i know Padme loves little orphan Anni, whose she's know since before his ***** dropped :horror
But he admits to murdering a bunch of men in the deseet and the women and the damn children.

That's a Red flag lady!!!!!

Makes her shock over his killing Younglings in the next movie seem surprising now since she knew he was a child killer already.

He murdered those who kidnapped his mother, tortured her and possibly raped her too causing her death. These people are criminal savages which they know themselves so no one really takes it that bad as if someone killed innocent women and children from say Naboo. :wink1: He could probably be viewed more as a hero for sparing future victims from the crimes of that tribe.

It's like some people are too dumb to understand... no wonder they dislike the prequels.

SixthScaleEdward
10-05-2013, 01:17 AM
It's like some people are too dumb to understand... no wonder they dislike the prequels.

:goodpost: :exactly: .... :monkey3

HigHurtenflurst
10-05-2013, 12:30 PM

Ohmygod he sucks.... That is so utterly painful it's shocking! Not just in the context of a really bad Star Wars movie, but in terms of acting in general! There are better actors in Attack of the 2 Headed Shark! "Yipee" and all the other insanely bad parts aside, that little kid in TPM actually did a better job, considering he was only 6 years old (or whatever.)

Anyone who can defend his acting in AOTC and ROTS must never ever have seen any other actors in any other movies, or something.

There's better actors selling ***** on late night infomercials.

Enthus
10-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Ohmygod he sucks.... That is so utterly painful it's shocking! Not just in the context of a really bad Star Wars movie, but in terms of acting in general! There are better actors in Attack of the 2 Headed Shark! "Yipee" and all the other insanely bad parts aside, that little kid in TPM actually did a better job, considering he was only 6 years old (or whatever.)

Anyone who can defend his acting in AOTC and ROTS must never ever have seen any other actors in any other movies, or something.

There's better actors selling ***** on late night infomercials.

I don't even hate the prequels, but that is probably the worst acting in any of the Star War movies. Well, maybe their love scenes are worse. But yeah, Hayden is not very good.

sithlord13
10-05-2013, 01:38 PM
He murdered those who kidnapped his mother, tortured her and possibly raped her too causing her death. These people are criminal savages which they know themselves so no one really takes it that bad as if someone killed innocent women and children from say Naboo. :wink1: He could probably be viewed more as a hero for sparing future victims from the crimes of that tribe.

It's one of the elements of Star Wars that is hard to accept as you get older. He regardless of motives murders an entire tribe - he obviously feels some regret - but within the Wild West Star Wars causal murder seems ok. He conceals it from the council so it must be an issue yet as people say locally he would probably been a hero and it see to make padme hot for him!!!

Niltusk
10-05-2013, 02:46 PM

Way to miss his point. :slap

Niltusk
10-05-2013, 02:48 PM
I don't even hate the prequels, but that is probably the worst acting in any of the Star War movies. Well, maybe their love scenes are worse. But yeah, Hayden is not very good.

We were just discussing this recently in the Star Wars thread in the movie section... how much better the character is in the CGI Clone Wars than how he was handled in the PT. Its a huge difference, its hard for me to even associate that these are the same character.

Dracula
10-05-2013, 02:48 PM
It's one of the elements of Star Wars that is hard to accept as you get older. He regardless of motives murders an entire tribe - he obviously feels some regret - but within the Wild West Star Wars causal murder seems ok. He conceals it from the council so it must be an issue yet as people say locally he would probably been a hero and it see to make padme hot for him!!!

Agreed. He knew what he did was wrong according to the Jedi code and he regretted it.

I don't agree with the "I slaughtered them" scene was bad acting as some say here. It was perfect to me. I thought Hayden acted with such emotion. A mix of anger, confusion and instability. The characteristics of someone turning to the dark side. It's hard to explain for me in English, but I thought it was perfect. I wonder if people even understand this character when they say it was bad acting? :dunno

You know you put yourself in his shoes... A savage tribe kidnaps your mother, tortures her and probably rapes her.. she dies.. I would probably have done the same as Anakin. When something like that happens to you.. ****, I doubt I'd argue about what is right and wrong.

:lol at the last part! Padmé: "Oh Ani, do that thing where you slaughter an entire tribe of tusken raiders!"

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/329/lzcv.jpg

Dracula
10-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Way to miss his point. :slap

Oh, ok. I thought his point was that what Anakin did should've been a "red flag" for Padmé and it shouldn't really have come as a surprise to her what he did in the Jedi temple? I just explained why I disagreed.

Niltusk
10-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Oh, ok. I thought his point was that what Anakin did should've been a "red flag" for Padmé and it shouldn't really have come as a surprise to her what he did in the Jedi temple? I just explained why I disagreed.

Nope, you were right. I somehow totally misread his post.

Just got back from a run, guess my brain was a little Oxygen deprived when I read through this. :lol

Dracula
10-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Nope, you were right. I somehow totally misread his post.

Just got back from a run, guess my brain was a little Oxygen deprived when I read through this. :lol

I see! :lol :wink1:

Jango Fett 117
10-06-2013, 04:48 AM
If your mother was taken I wouldn't expect you to act correctly either

Craig77
10-06-2013, 02:00 PM
The impression I got from that interview is that maybe that they're getting the License that Medicom holds and thereby aren't limited to the License they have through SS so they can thereafter produce whatever they wanted.

Which also makes me think that it could be that SS limits what and who they can produce.

Exactly...its been in the rumor mill along time that Hot toys was going for their own license. Given they have ties already with Disney and Hasbro for various license it only make sense they have been holding back so they do not have to pay royalties to SSC.
As much as we are not fans of the fact they have yet to release another figure...its obvious they can dish out figures quickly if they want given what they are doing with Iron Man.

Pixelpiper
10-06-2013, 02:18 PM
it only make sense they have been holding back so they do not have to pay royalties to SSC.

I don't think there are any facts to back up that line of thinking. The most simple explanation is probably the closest one to the truth. Iron Man is a hot item right now for HT. Don't forget also that without SSC, Hot Toys won't be able to sell their goods worldwide in any significant fashion.

hunnipot85
10-06-2013, 03:43 PM
I hope that if they do get Medicoms license, they focus on SW like they have with Iron Man. There are so many great figures and I have a feeling that mixed with this new trilogy, it will take years and years to get Leia, Han, Padme etc if they don't focus on SW.

RavenEye
10-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Honestly Anakin in the Tusken scene reminds me of Colonel Custard against a Native tribe, except Anakin did it the right way; he did it himself instead of using 200 men. :lol

Jango Fett 117
10-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Do you think they'll release this at the New York Comic Con?

Darkavatar
10-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Will this be the ROTS one when he turns evil?

Dracula
10-12-2013, 02:23 AM
Do you think they'll release this at the New York Comic Con?

Hot Toys aren't there so I doubt it.

Will this be the ROTS one when he turns evil?

No one knows for sure. But what I think most of us wants is a 2 in 1 package similar to the Luke DX07. Including two headsculpts, Sith and Jedi headsculpts. The clothing was exactly the same as far as I can remember from when he was a Jedi until he turned to evil. So they could even have the second body be from AOTC because there were some minor differences in the Jedi clothing and of course include a third headsculpt of EP2 Anakin. That would be the ultimate Anakin package, with lots of accessories and a nice diorama.

Darkavatar
10-12-2013, 02:53 AM
No one knows for sure. But what I think most of us wants is a 2 in 1 package similar to the Luke DX07. Including two headsculpts, Sith and Jedi headsculpts. The clothing was exactly the same as far as I can remember from when he was a Jedi until he turned to evil. So they could even have the second body be from AOTC because there were some minor differences in the Jedi clothing and of course include a third headsculpt of EP2 Anakin. That would be the ultimate Anakin package, with lots of accessories and a nice diorama.

Personally, I think every figure that comes with two head sculpts should come with a second body and clothes like the Luke DX07. I mean if the head sculpts are good I want to display both figures not chop and change the heads all the time.

SithThundercracker
10-12-2013, 04:19 AM
The more coherent option should be normal version and battle damaged chopped up one (still unburnt) with Sith head.
You will be able to have Jedi, Sith and BD in one pack.

Dracula
10-12-2013, 05:13 AM
Personally, I think every figure that comes with two head sculpts should come with a second body and clothes like the Luke DX07. I mean if the head sculpts are good I want to display both figures not chop and change the heads all the time.

Agreed. But that would undoubtedly bring up the prices for most figures, unless the clothing on the 2 bodies are similar, like on the DX07 and what it should be on the Anakin DX figure.

The more coherent option should be normal version and battle damaged chopped up one (still unburnt) with Sith head.
You will be able to have Jedi, Sith and BD in one pack.

The posing on the chopped up Anakin would be very limited and wouldn't make sense without a diorama. But I'd love to see it. I just hope they include both the Sith and Jedi headsculpts. And then a nice Mustafar diorama, like the hovering lava platforms. Would make an awesome display together with an Obi-Wan DX figure.

All this talking about Hot Toys and Star Wars just makes me depressed. Wished they would pump out SW figures as they do with Iron Men. Star Wars deserves it. :monkey2

steveo
10-12-2013, 05:41 AM
All this talking about Hot Toys and Star Wars just makes me depressed. Wished they would pump out SW figures as they do with Iron Men. Star Wars deserves it. :monkey2

me too...but i guess they're thinking that Star Wars will have an interest for a long time where as some of these other licenses will die quickly, so why not cash in on them before it's too late.

Jango Fett 117
10-12-2013, 06:55 AM
F£€k iron man Star Wars is way better, hurry up Hot Toys

egel
10-12-2013, 07:09 AM
me too...but i guess they're thinking that Star Wars will have an interest for a long time where as some of these other licenses will die quickly, so why not cash in on them before it's too late.

Sounds right to me. The superhero fad might go on for a decade, but I can't imagine Iron Man staying popular for 5 more movies.
There is chance though they keep hopping from one superhero movie license to the next and leave Star Wars in the dust.

In the meantime I am happy with SS's OT helmeted and alien figures.

CaptnRex
10-12-2013, 07:25 PM
I doubt we'll get the same awesome deal with Anakin that we got with the Luke figure.

Pixelpiper
10-12-2013, 10:18 PM
By deal you mean a figure that's actually available for sale at retail, right? I wholeheartedly agree. Hot Toys will not be releasing any future Star Wars figures - you can read Howard's own text for confirmation.

DCFett
10-13-2013, 12:25 AM
Link please!

Jango Fett 117
10-13-2013, 12:54 AM
If They Dont release this that would be a massive blow for me

Dracula
10-13-2013, 05:28 AM
To me it sounds like Anakin will be announced this year.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/6337/d03l.png

Pixelpiper
10-13-2013, 06:45 AM
I saw that, but this is how I interpreted it. If they were actually negotiating a license and if they actually had a licensed figure about to launch "very soon," they wouldn't be talking about either.

It would be great to see Hot Toys pull through with another SW character, but there's just been far too much lip service and shifty talking about it over the past two years to actually care about it. So if/when something shows up, it'll just be a surprise to anyone not following the drama.

Besides that, I'm in the camp that thinks producing a PT character is a waste of time for HT at this stage in the game.

Centrocal
10-13-2013, 07:18 AM
To me it sounds like Anakin will be announced this year.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/6337/d03l.png

Man why do they always get stuck on just one character and then make 10 of them? :slap

EVILFACE
10-13-2013, 07:36 AM
They prolly sold a ton more Iron Men than Luke Skywalker.

a-dev
10-13-2013, 07:46 AM

A probability which makes my blood boil. ****ing Iron Man.

SixthScaleEdward
10-13-2013, 08:02 AM
Not surprising seeing HT started with a SW character in bland clothing. :lol

I love DX07, but they could have chosen better outfits for Luke.
Unfortunately, they had to tip-toe their way through the Hasbro > SSC > HT sub-licensing

a-dev
10-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Yeah but its Bespin Luke. Its pretty much the core outfit of that film covering the most important scenes. Even if they had their pick of any movie and any outfit odds are they'd have gone with that.

TheFiend
10-13-2013, 08:31 AM

Unfortunately, they had to tip-toe their way through the Hasbro > SSC > HT sub-licensing

Which outfit? :lol

In all fairness Luke doesn't really have the most interesting outfits. We have the farmhouse outfit and the Jedi outfit from ROTJ and both are about as interesting as the Bespin outfit, which is not very.:lol I like Bespin over those two though. The only other option is X-Wing, Snowspeeder or Hoth which would be awesome but I don't see those as a first release type of figure. Besides, they can only do figures SSC produced first, right?

spindrift
10-13-2013, 01:09 PM
I have zero interest in Anakin. We need OT figures- Han should be next, Obi Wan, Leia (can you imagine how great a Slave Leia would be from HT??)
We need the iconic figures first....including farmboy Luke

joda76
10-13-2013, 01:55 PM
I saw that, but this is how I interpreted it. If they were actually negotiating a license and if they actually had a licensed figure about to launch "very soon," they wouldn't be talking about either.

It would be great to see Hot Toys pull through with another SW character, but there's just been far too much lip service and shifty talking about it over the past two years to actually care about it. So if/when something shows up, it'll just be a surprise to anyone not following the drama.

Besides that, I'm in the camp that thinks producing a PT character is a waste of time for HT at this stage in the game.

Not how I interpreted it at all :lol

Uncanny Web-Slinger
10-13-2013, 02:48 PM
Man why do they always get stuck on just one character and then make 10 of them? :slap

Nolan bats.
Nolan joker
Michael jackson
Wolverine
Iron butt
Leslie asian singer
Captain America
Jack Sparrow
T800

Though in some of those they diddl quite a few others with them.

In fairness to Luke, they've made like 20+ Iron Man vs 1 Luke so it'd sell more simply by probability

DCFett
10-13-2013, 03:37 PM
Well, I cant knock them for making a ton of Iron Men. Strike while the iron is hot, I always say. SW is pretty cold to lukewarm right now, so the fact that their resources are not utilized toward it makes sense, but damn sure wish it wasnt this way. Hopefully we get to see something more soon.

pixletwin
10-13-2013, 04:00 PM
No offense to the piper, but I think he needs to return that high school diploma he was awarded. :lol

;)

Howard's statement says the exact opposite of what pp thinks. It said they are going to get their butts in gear and start kicking out sw product. That is what he said.

Darkarn009
10-13-2013, 04:58 PM
I have zero interest in Anakin. We need OT figures- Han should be next, Obi Wan, Leia (can you imagine how great a Slave Leia would be from HT??)
We need the iconic figures first....including farmboy Luke
I have 100% interest in this they should make anakin, obiwan, padme as well as han, leia, chewy...hell they should make lobot

joda76
10-13-2013, 05:04 PM
No offense to the piper, but I think he needs to return that high school diploma he was awarded. :lol

;)

Howard's statement says the exact opposite of what pp thinks. It said they are going to get their butts in gear and start kicking out sw product. That is what he said.

Exactamundo! Lol

TheFiend
10-13-2013, 05:14 PM

;)

I was going to say something then I realized I didn't care that much.

VintijDroidGutzz
10-13-2013, 06:03 PM

Dude - come on.. :lol

The Bespin outfit is iconic.

By you saying what you've posted, you don't seem to realize that enough.

Besides - as mentioned, NONE of his outfits are razzle dazzle anyway - & they're not meant to be.

It's Luke ****ing Skywalker.

Man.. :slap :lol

joda76
10-13-2013, 07:42 PM

Besides - as mentioned, NONE of his outfits are razzle dazzle anyway - & they're not meant to be.

Yea it is iconic for sure and probably his most recognizable gear. I do like Jedi Luke outfit more though.

Jango Fett 117
10-13-2013, 07:50 PM
I prefer Anakin over Luke anyday but Luke still a good character. I just like to see them together. Anakin's Prime and Luke in his Prime

Jaycepticon
10-13-2013, 08:14 PM
I prefer Anakin over Luke anyday but Luke still a good character. I just like to see them together. Anakin's Prime and Luke in his Prime

Yeah, an EP III Anakin and Jedi Luke with Vader in the middle would be my ideal display.

Dracula
10-13-2013, 10:38 PM

All of Luke's outfits are iconic to me. But I would have preferred the Tatooine outfit (as I find that one the most iconic) before the Bespin outfit. Actually: Tatooine > Jedi > X-Wing > Hoth > Bespin > Endor.

VintijDroidGutzz
10-14-2013, 12:30 AM
I of course like all his outfits through the films too, but I'd instantly put Bespin at the top.

Not only does that look resonate the most with me as a fan of Luke's journey, but he wore it at the most poignant time in the OT; when he started coming into his own, when he was put through the ringer prematurely - & surrounded by all the other iconic places & situations in ESB, it's in a category all it's own. :cool:

Dracula
10-14-2013, 12:37 AM
I of course like all his outfits through the films too, but I'd instantly put Bespin at the top.

Not only does that look resonate the most with me as a fan of Luke's journey, but he wore it at the most poignant time in the OT; when he started coming into his own, when he was put through the ringer prematurely - & surrounded by all the other iconic places & situations in ESB, it's in a category all it's own. :cool:

I'm not saying you're wrong, it sure is an iconic outfit and looked much better on film than what Hot Toys recreated. I just prefer the Tatooine outfit, it looks better and is more iconic to me. When I think of Luke I don't think of him in his Bespin outfit, but in his Tatooine outfit.

VintijDroidGutzz
10-14-2013, 12:43 AM
Yeah cool man, fair enough. :)

..& I agree regarding your point on the HT clothing not mirroring what's on film as good as it could've.

Sure they've done a great job with it - but the cut, the choice of fabric, the texture, the way the shirt pockets sit & the way HT collars always hug the figure's ears instead of sit on the neck line (XMO Wolverine's leather jacket :lol) - yeah.

It's possible though, to get Luke's collar to sit right, you've just gotta beat it into submission. :lol

Rorywan
10-14-2013, 12:47 AM

..& I agree regarding your point on the HT clothing not mirroring what's on film as good as it could've.

Sure they've done a great job with it - but the cut, the choice of fabric, the texture, the way the shirt pockets sit & the way HT collars always hug the figure's ears instead of sit on the neck line (XMO Wolverine's leather jacket :lol) - yeah.

It's possible though, to get Luke's collar to sit right, you've just gotta beat it into submission. :lol

The choice of fabric was the biggest disappointment to me. The proto fabric was much better and finer. We ended up with a high end sack cloth. Rather than sharp tailored cream fabric. IMO.

Dracula
10-14-2013, 12:52 AM

:exactly: You pretty much brought up all of my issues with it. :lol

This is one of those reasons why I'd love to see a 1/4th scale Luke Skywalker (among other SW characters). A bigger scale allows for more accurate and detailed clothing.

VintijDroidGutzz
10-14-2013, 01:07 AM
Yeah, 1/6 scale definitely has it's limitations - but that said, HT do a damn fine job anyway really. :rock

I was chatting about this with some chaps in the Terminator threads a little while ago. The difference in tailoring between the DX10 Arnold & the EB T-800 is pretty obvious, so that's an example. I really have no interest in 1/4 scale, but if HT started doing quality SW stuff.. good god. :panic: :thud: :lol

I'd have to at least consider Luke or Vader. :)

Dracula
10-14-2013, 01:40 AM
Yeah, 1/6 scale definitely has it's limitations - but that said, HT do a damn fine job anyway really. :rock

I was chatting about this with some chaps in the Terminator threads a little while ago. The difference in tailoring between the DX10 Arnold & the EB T-800 is pretty obvious, so that's an example. I really have no interest in 1/4 scale, but if HT started doing quality SW stuff.. good god. :panic: :thud: :lol

I'd have to at least consider Luke or Vader. :)

I do agree with HT 1/6 being awesome as it is, but 1/4 really takes it to the next level. The EB T-800 BD is a perfect example of that as you say. I used to be anti-quarter scale as well. Since for one reason I didn't want to have different scales in my collection, but once you own one of those high-end 1/4 figures, you'll change your mind.

Vader, Luke and add to that Anakin (you know me) would definitely be on my most wanted list of high-end 1/4 figures.

VintijDroidGutzz
10-14-2013, 01:55 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't say I'm anti 1/4 scale per se, just not that interested in it really.

hnlee
10-14-2013, 01:57 AM
1/4 for the best character is not a bad idea at all: vader, Luke, maul, yoda. Thats it! Other than that is a no for me!

SixthScaleEdward
10-14-2013, 01:58 AM
Which outfit? :lol

In all fairness Luke doesn't really have the most interesting outfits. We have the farmhouse outfit and the Jedi outfit from ROTJ and both are about as interesting as the Bespin outfit, which is not very.:lol I like Bespin over those two though. The only other option is X-Wing, Snowspeeder or Hoth which would be awesome but I don't see those as a first release type of figure. Besides, they can only do figures SSC produced first, right?

Farmboy, Pilot and Jedi are the only Iconic Luke outfits for me. :lol
Bespin outfit feels like something Navy/Air Force support staff wear.

Then again, it all boils down to personal aesthetic preference :lol
I love DX07 though. One of my fav HT figs.

Dracula
10-14-2013, 02:05 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't say I'm anti 1/4 scale per se, just not that interested in it really.

I meant the same thing. :wink1:

VintijDroidGutzz
10-14-2013, 03:55 AM
Then again, it all boils down to personal aesthetic preference :lol
I love DX07 though. One of my fav HT figs.
Fair enough. :duff

I'd actually love a HT figure of all Luke's incarnations.. but realistically, I'm keeping things reeeeeal basic for my set ups - so one Luke for now. :lol

Dracula
10-14-2013, 04:11 AM
Vintij, are you gonna pass on the Sideshow Hoth Luke? The likeness on that one is far better than the DX07 imho. Hopefully the end product won't be inferior to the prototype.

VintijDroidGutzz
10-14-2013, 04:12 AM
It looks great so far - but yeah, skipping that - & most of SSC's stuff. :lol

Dracula
10-14-2013, 04:21 AM
It looks great so far - but yeah, skipping that - & most of SSC's stuff. :lol

Why is that?

VintijDroidGutzz
10-14-2013, 04:30 AM
Why? :lol

Generally speaking - I'm not a fan of their 1/6 SW figures. I own a few of their good ones (Greedo, HH, phase1 clone Cmdr), & there's one or two more I'd buy from them potentially at the moment - Sand People being a definite, but that's it.

Just wait & see how those Hoth Han & Luke figures turn out.. :lol

OSCORP
10-14-2013, 04:35 AM
Why is that?

Cause he's smart!

Dracula
10-14-2013, 04:43 AM
Why? :lol

Generally speaking - I'm not a fan of their 1/6 SW figures. I own a few of their good ones (Greedo, HH, phase1 clone Cmdr), & there's one or two more I'd buy from them potentially at the moment - Sand People being a definite, but that's it.

Just wait & see how those Hoth Han & Luke figures turn out.. :lol

Yeah I'm not a big fan either. Especially of their older and human 1/6 figures. I did however buy Boba Fett, Sandtrooper DX, Battle Droids 2-pack and I have Vader and Grievous on PO. I did buy their Obi-Wan TPM but I do not like it as much as the Helmeted/droid figures. A custom headsculpt is the only thing that could save it imo. It's boxed right now..

This time I'll wait and see the final product for the Hoth Han & Luke figures before I pre-order.

Oh and I might get my first SSC statue, the Darth Vader mythos, if I can find it for a decent price in the EU (Expensive Union). :lol

VintijDroidGutzz
10-14-2013, 04:51 AM
Sandtrooper DX..
Que?? You mean like an exclusive or something? I had the Corporal - thought I'd give it a chance, but got rid of it a few months after I bought it. Didn't like the thing one bit; wonky helmet / armour, garbage backpack strap design.. ehh.

The Malgus & Grievous figures look really good so far - but again, care factor zero. :lol

Anyway! I think once HT pull their finger out, their DX Anakin could really be a thing of beauty. I've got two 1/6 ROTS figure choices to make going forward; one I'd like to be a nice Kashyyyk clone, & the other could be Anakin. Just depends on what it comes with & the overall quality / price etc.

Dracula
10-14-2013, 04:59 AM
Que?? You mean like an exclusive or something? I had the Corporal - thought I'd give it a chance, but got rid of it a few months after I bought it. Didn't like the thing one bit; wonky helmet / armour, garbage backpack strap design.. ehh.

The Malgus & Grievous figures look really good so far - but again, care factor zero. :lol

Anyway! I think once HT pull their finger out, their DX Anakin could really be a thing of beauty. I've got two 1/6 ROTS figure choices to make going forward; one I'd like to be a nice Kashyyyk clone, & the other could be Anakin. Just depends on what it comes with & the overall quality / price etc.

The Sandtrooper Deluxe:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/100055_press08-001.jpg

Yeah I don't care much for Malgus either.. tried to play that game but it was boring as hell. Nice figure though.

If HT's Anakin is up there with their new Wolverine figure in terms of likeness it's gonna be a homerun. That's what I'm hoping for. But it will be better than the SSC version guaranteed. The kashyyyk clonetrooper is most likely something SSC would release if they haven't already? :dunno

VintijDroidGutzz
10-14-2013, 05:11 AM
Let us never speak of the SSC Anakin in this thread again. :monkey4 :lol

As well as the 42nd, I really want a nice Biker Scout too, but I'm not into same-y looking set ups, so I don't know. SSC make good troops generally, so my preference would naturally go to the OT guys first. It depends what SSC make first - or if they make both, which of the two is a better overall figure.

HT really have a great opportunity with Anakin though, to fully deck the set out. Two PERS heads, two outfits (pre / post Mustafar duel), lava miner platform as a DX base, different arm / glove attachments - basically a mirror of the Luke set essentially.

It could be awesome. :)

Dracula
10-14-2013, 05:15 AM
:lol That Anakin figure is pretty bad.. I wouldn't be after it if it wasn't for a custom headsculpt I got coming from Darren.

Dracula
10-14-2013, 05:23 AM
HT really have a great opportunity with Anakin though, to fully deck the set out. Two PERS heads, two outfits (pre / post Mustafar duel), lava miner platform as a DX base, different arm / glove attachments - basically a mirror of the Luke set essentially.

:exactly:

I do hope this gets announced this year as Howard implied. Means it could be out before 2015. :pray:

Hey now that I think of it that might be their plan.. for its release to coincide with Episode VII.

VintijDroidGutzz
10-14-2013, 06:09 AM
Maybe..

More likely, they couldn't be bothered with fast tracking it. :lol

Dracula
10-14-2013, 06:13 AM
Well they are "accelerating production" so it might mean they finally have time to make it.

Jango Fett 117
10-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Ive Checked this numerous times just hoping there would be a picture or something.......... I will never buy an Iron Man product because of this

a-dev
10-14-2013, 09:51 AM
Ive Checked this numerous times just hoping there would be a picture or something.......... I will never buy an Iron Man product because of this

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/startrek2-1.gif (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/startrek2-1.gif.html)

Dracula
10-14-2013, 10:36 AM
^:lol

Resistance is futile. Oh snap! :yess: :lol

SixthScaleEdward
10-14-2013, 10:39 AM
I will never buy another Iron Man too!

..cause I already have 4 on pre-order. :panic:

a-dev
10-14-2013, 10:40 AM
I will never buy another Iron Man too!

..cause I already have 4 on pre-order. :panic:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/sisko_facepalm.gif (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/sisko_facepalm.gif.html)

scottyb
10-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Hot toys eat your heart out.

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/scottyb10/photo2_zpsddeb15ab.jpg (http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/scottyb10/media/photo2_zpsddeb15ab.jpg.html)

SixthScaleEdward
10-14-2013, 11:10 AM
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/sisko_facepalm.gif (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/sisko_facepalm.gif.html)

http://themetapicture.com/media/funny-gif-Star-Trek-Patrick-Stewart.gif

Hot toys eat your heart out.

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/scottyb10/photo2_zpsddeb15ab.jpg (http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/scottyb10/media/photo2_zpsddeb15ab.jpg.html)

Looks like a realistic version of the CW Anakin.

Dracula
10-14-2013, 11:18 AM
I have 4 figures on PO from IM3 and just got my MK VII last week. I don't hate Iron Men.. just wish SW got the same attention.

a-dev
10-14-2013, 11:46 AM
I didn't always hate Iron Man. I even had a Mark III once.

AIR
10-14-2013, 12:12 PM
I'll just place these right here:monkey3
http://geekmecca.com/wp-content/plugins/RSSPoster_PRO/cache/01fa3_Iron-Sith-570x380.jpeg
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-9701-Iron-Man-Darth-Vader-NZcs.jpeg

Dracula
10-14-2013, 12:59 PM
^

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/123844-1/Star_Trek_suicide.gif

Batty
10-14-2013, 02:21 PM
I didn't always hate Iron Man. I even had a Mark III once.

http://i.imgur.com/AeohEUd.jpg

Mike86
10-14-2013, 06:32 PM

I'm not even a huge Prequel Trilogy fan and that sounds cool to me. I'd even consider buying a figure like you described. I still need to get my hands on a DX07 Luke too. Also trying to decide whether or not I want the Sideshow Vader or not.

SixthScaleEdward
10-14-2013, 10:33 PM
New HT announcement!

Oh look...MORE Iron Man. :lol

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1391453_10151667101987344_877687798_n.jpg

Antihero
10-14-2013, 10:41 PM
Should have been Darth Vader, but Hot Toys couldn't only because Sideshow will be releasing another one...

RIDDICK
10-15-2013, 12:44 AM
Should have been Darth Vader, but Hot Toys couldn't only because Sideshow will be releasing another one...

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv262/RIDDICK0911/trash/einstein_duh_zps62ceebb5.jpg (http://s690.photobucket.com/user/RIDDICK0911/media/trash/einstein_duh_zps62ceebb5.jpg.html)

VintijDroidGutzz
10-15-2013, 01:06 AM

Dracula
10-15-2013, 01:25 AM

http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/c/c4/Kirk_you-must-be-new-here.png

:wink1:

VintijDroidGutzz
10-15-2013, 03:55 AM
I'm not even a huge Prequel Trilogy fan and that sounds cool to me. I'd even consider buying a figure like you described. I still need to get my hands on a DX07 Luke too. Also trying to decide whether or not I want the Sideshow Vader or not.
:duff

Anakin is a great character (Dracula needs no convincing :lol), so this set should really be a packed one - or it's thumbs down from me. If they include what I've mentioned, I dare say I'll buy it without hesitation.

As for the upcoming SSC Vader - it's your call, but I'd almost guarantee there'll be a far better one for similar money on the market within the next two years.. if you can wait that long. :lol

Pixelpiper
10-15-2013, 06:14 AM
As for the upcoming SSC Vader - it's your call, but I'd almost guarantee there'll be a far better one for similar money on the market within the next two years.. if you can wait that long. :lol

If you're going this far with a prediction, who will release it? You can be absolutely guaranteed (no almost about it) there won't be one from SSC within two years. And I can't think of anyone who has or has ever had an LFL license that would be able to release anything "better." And this is without so much as seeing the SSC version in-hand. I think most of the criticizing from people who did not see it at SDCC is bonkers.

VintijDroidGutzz
10-15-2013, 08:34 AM
As soon as I wrote that, I thought you'd get a whiff of it.. :lol

Well, sure - I'm speculating. Medicom's already got another one out which is meh, Marmit's never gonna happen, & HT are just stalling in general at best, right now. However, none of the SSC Vader pics look good to me.

My feeling though, is that with the new SW trilogy on the horizon, there are definitely - at the very least, conversations being held, deals being made, & plans being carved out regarding 1/6 merchandising leading up to the films' release. We see people mention contractual trivia type info here & there - but what do us lay folk really know?

Forgive me if someone in the actual 'know' has declared something as fact - but other than SSC & Medicom having their own respective 1/6 licenses - & HT subbing, there's a lot going on that we're just not privy to out there. :huh

joda76
10-15-2013, 09:02 AM
I think we are in for another exciting run of Star Wars collectibles thanks to the Sequel Trilogy. Another reason why I dont think HT is going to miss out on that regardless of the restraints that they have now.

Tourist
10-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Here's a bold idea for the next HT-SW figure, surprise dual pack, Anakin and bonus Darth Vader!!!

:fireworks:ccheerlea:ccheerlea:mexwave:lsvader

VintijDroidGutzz
10-15-2013, 10:12 PM
Especially for Anakin / Vader, I'd personally rather they give each character their due amount of attention, otherwise corners get cut.. & that is never good. :lol

a-dev
10-15-2013, 10:27 PM
Especially for Anakin / Vader, I'd personally rather they give each character their due amount of attention, otherwise corners get cut.. & that is never good. :lol

:lecture Look at how well packed out DX13 T-800 is. If it had been a combo Cyberdyne/BD T-800 like so many wanted prior to DX10 being shown it would have been a compromise, half-*** release. Neither look would have been fully realised with all potential accessories.

VintijDroidGutzz
10-15-2013, 10:40 PM
:exactly: It's like any other comparable '2-fer'.

Luke needs his due, Han, Leia, Padme - etc. Mix n' match clone sets & what have you, are more suited for that kind of release - as SSC have now shown already.

Jango Fett 117
10-24-2013, 06:07 AM
I just won a catalog from Hot Toys so hopefully.....................

VintijDroidGutzz
10-24-2013, 06:24 AM
I just won a catalog from Hot Toys so hopefully.....................

..............you can fill me in on the status of the Prometheus line. :wave :hi5: :yess:

Jango Fett 117
10-30-2013, 06:16 AM
So they just released another Thor:slap

Johnny Utah
10-30-2013, 08:09 AM
I thought they were gonna show Anakin this week. They usually show the next DX right as the previous one is being released.

lerath666
10-30-2013, 08:10 AM
I thought they were gonna show Anakin this week. They usually show the next DX right as the previous one is being released.

http://youtu.be/_n5E7feJHw0

VintijDroidGutzz
10-30-2013, 09:19 AM

We'll be lucky to see Anakin in the next year.

Niltusk
10-30-2013, 09:19 AM
So they just released another Thor:slap

With a new movie release and the history of a Thor release per movie you act like this is a surprise. :cuckoo:

RavenEye
10-30-2013, 12:11 PM
COMING SOON!!! HOT TOYS WILL BE "DISNEY TOYS" :lol

Sachiel
10-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Then that should be good for the Star Wars line. :lol

Khev
10-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Maybe HT saw how awesome the new Hoth figures are and lost the will to live.

VintijDroidGutzz
10-30-2013, 12:23 PM
COMING SOON!!! HOT TOYS WILL BE "DISNEY TOYS" :lol
All those wanting a DX Mickey Mouse Jedi - the wait is over. :yess:

:monkey1

Niltusk
10-30-2013, 01:21 PM
All those wanting a DX Mickey Mouse Jedi - the wait is over. :yess:

:monkey1

Would buy! :lecture

Love the Mickey and Minnie stuff as Luke and Leia. Sorry to sound like a Disney fanboi, but I am. :monkey2

lerath666
10-30-2013, 01:48 PM
You're not alone... I'd probobly buy them too :D

VintijDroidGutzz
10-30-2013, 01:51 PM
I've never had any Disney toys.. no particular reason either.

CaptnRex
10-31-2013, 09:53 PM
I hope HT make Anakin because I just sold my Sideshow version.:monkey1

scottyb
10-31-2013, 09:55 PM
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/scottyb10/DSC_0242_zps1a399c7b.jpg (http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/scottyb10/media/DSC_0242_zps1a399c7b.jpg.html)
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/scottyb10/DSC_0237_zpsb0fb3b84.jpg (http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/scottyb10/media/DSC_0237_zpsb0fb3b84.jpg.html)
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/scottyb10/DSC_0245_zps8815622b.jpg (http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/scottyb10/media/DSC_0245_zps8815622b.jpg.html)

VintijDroidGutzz
10-31-2013, 11:51 PM
I hope HT make Anakin because I just sold my Sideshow version.:monkey1

You've gone done it now!!! :lol

CaptnRex
11-01-2013, 02:26 AM
I sure did Vintij, it's gone....:lol

I can't even get $40 for SSC Mace though.:rotfl

VintijDroidGutzz
11-01-2013, 02:34 AM

I'd chuck your unwanted SSC figures on eBay.. unless you already have.

joda76
11-01-2013, 05:34 AM
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/scottyb10/DSC_0242_zps1a399c7b.jpg (http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/scottyb10/media/DSC_0242_zps1a399c7b.jpg.html)
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/scottyb10/DSC_0237_zpsb0fb3b84.jpg (http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/scottyb10/media/DSC_0237_zpsb0fb3b84.jpg.html)
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/scottyb10/DSC_0245_zps8815622b.jpg (http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/scottyb10/media/DSC_0245_zps8815622b.jpg.html)

Wow looks great. Is that padawan Obi wans robe?

abake
11-01-2013, 07:18 AM
Looks very nice!
Looking forward to seeing it painted!

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

scottyb
11-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Wow looks great. Is that padawan Obi wans robe?

Yea it is!

joda76
11-01-2013, 08:49 AM
I may have to get this one. Still waiting a repaint of the stock head I am getting.

scottyb
11-08-2013, 09:33 PM
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/scottyb10/DSC_0335_zpscb589d0b.jpg (http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/scottyb10/media/DSC_0335_zpscb589d0b.jpg.html)
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/scottyb10/DSC_0328_zps4d40ff73.jpg (http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/scottyb10/media/DSC_0328_zps4d40ff73.jpg.html)
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/scottyb10/DSC_0327_zps4ac53b0c.jpg (http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/scottyb10/media/DSC_0327_zps4ac53b0c.jpg.html)

Niltusk
11-09-2013, 09:48 AM
I sure did Vintij, it's gone....:lol

I can't even get $40 for SSC Mace though.:rotfl

I got my Mace Ex online a couple years ago for 35 bucks shipped, one of the few figures I won that I figure will never go up in value from that no matter how long I have him. :lol

VintijDroidGutzz
11-09-2013, 09:57 AM
I got some older ones on sale a few years back.

Needless to say, I sold them while the getting was good.. :lol

OSCORP
11-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Dear Hot Toys,

Since the Star Wars prequels were so horrible, i am sure you have given this much thought. But we would like to remind you to please include a Sebastian Shaw head sculpt and robes into this DX to further sales for those that would otherwise not buy this figure.

Thanks,
OT Elitists

CaptnRex
11-09-2013, 06:26 PM
This thread was started in March and not even a peek at this figure.

Pixelpiper
11-09-2013, 08:31 PM
This thread might as well be about the second coming of Christ. Or Unicorns.

Ajkhunter
11-09-2013, 08:36 PM
This thread might as well be about the second coming of Christ. Or Unicorns.

hahaha :rotfl

CaptnRex
11-10-2013, 01:54 AM
It's become a custom thread because the figures got as much chance as a figure from X-Man first class, well maybe slightly more hope.:horror

VintijDroidGutzz
11-10-2013, 04:29 AM
The only reason I'm fine with them doing Anakin first, is so I get more time to budget for ANH Han - if they get around to him. :lol

amvmm
11-10-2013, 05:11 AM
Mr.Chan you have 7 weeks before 2013 ends! :impatient: :lol

sithlord13
11-10-2013, 10:16 AM
The only reason I'm fine with them doing Anakin first, is so I get more time to budget for ANH Han - if they get around to him. :lol
I think you may have time to use a 10 year savings plan lol

VintijDroidGutzz
11-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Sounds good. :yess: :lol

Ninjaknight
11-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Would this be the DX15? Or is it just wishful thinking?

stevenmh
11-10-2013, 09:08 PM
You can blame me for any delays. I sold my SS Anakin in anticipation of this figure, thereby endangering its release. Much like how I sold my Hasbro 1/6 R2, 3PO, Chewbacca, and Biker Scout, and when SS found out about it, they removed these figures from the pipeline.

*sigh*

CaptnRex
11-10-2013, 11:59 PM
You can blame me for any delays. I sold my SS Anakin in anticipation of this figure, thereby endangering its release. Much like how I sold my Hasbro 1/6 R2, 3PO, Chewbacca, and Biker Scout, and when SS found out about it, they removed these figures from the pipeline.

*sigh*

I sold mine too mate, I'll take some of the blame too.:hi5:

Jango Fett 117
11-13-2013, 05:36 AM
If he is such a big fan why leave it this late, if it was me I'd be pumping more Star Wars things like Darth Maul. Who wouldn't like a hot toys maul

VintijDroidGutzz
11-13-2013, 05:37 AM
If he is such a big fan why leave it this late..

Episode VII.. :wink1:

Jango Fett 117
11-14-2013, 03:24 AM
I got that catalogue and there's nothing Prometheus related. No Anakin neither but man I'd like to see this figure this year

VintijDroidGutzz
11-14-2013, 05:42 AM
Ah - cheers for that man! :lol

SixthScaleEdward
11-14-2013, 08:33 AM
If he is such a big fan why leave it this late, if it was me I'd be pumping more Star Wars things like Darth Maul. Who wouldn't like a hot toys maul

Been holding off from existing 1/6 Mauls for a HT version. :monkey2

DarthAlias
11-15-2013, 01:03 PM
i have both SS and Medi Mauls, would NEED a HT Maul too! Triphecta Status

CaptnRex
11-15-2013, 02:33 PM
I hope both HT and SSC release some more iconic characters before EP VII kicks in otherwise they'll get pushed aside as Ep VII will be the 'hot ticket item'.

acesh007
11-15-2013, 02:41 PM
A HT Maul would be great. I never really cared for the SS one.

MidnightClad
11-16-2013, 12:45 AM
Been holding off from existing 1/6 Mauls for a HT version. :monkey2

I feel the same way man I have been waiting forever for a near perfect maul released and haven't liked the SS/MEDI enough to pay the price. It is looking like we have a super long wait to even find out we may not get a HT maul :gah:

greygoose
11-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Do HT's they even plan to make more SW figures?

Commander Cody
11-16-2013, 02:25 PM
I hope both HT and SSC release some more iconic characters before EP VII kicks in otherwise they'll get pushed aside as Ep VII will be the 'hot ticket item'.
This is why I really hope the movies are great. as a hardcore fan I don't want my fav movie to fail and I want to keep collecting beyond 2015 with items I enjoy because they are simply awesome.

greygoose
11-16-2013, 02:29 PM

Depends how many 'hot ticket' characters Ep VII produces...

Sachiel
11-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Do HT's they even plan to make more SW figures?

SW is Howard's favorite license (behind Iron Man).

greygoose
11-16-2013, 03:06 PM
SW is Howard's favorite license (behind Iron Man).

OK cool.:hi5:

banthafett
11-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Said it before, this wont happen. HT is waiting for the new movies to come out, so they can have that contract all to themselves.

greygoose
11-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Said it before, this wont happen. HT is waiting for the new movies to come out, so they can have that contract all to themselves.

I'm sure Ep VII and beyond will be locked down under the same contract though, right? :dunno

lerath666
11-16-2013, 06:00 PM
I'm sure Ep VII and beyond will be locked down under the same contract though, right? :dunno

That is correct. Hasbro has EXCLUSIVE rights to Star wars toys. Anyone wanting to make anything as got to go through them.

So HT getting the rights to make something hinges on them getting the liscense AWAY from medicom.

which they're working on, as they've become the official asian importer for hasbro productsa while back.

Sachiel
11-17-2013, 07:54 AM
Medicom still has the license? Wouldn't notice. :lol

EVILFACE
11-17-2013, 08:02 AM
Depends how many 'hot ticket' characters Ep VII produces...

Who wants a old and decrepit Han, Leia and Luke on their shelf. :monkey4

Boba Ben
11-17-2013, 08:15 AM
http://images.wikia.com/glee/images/e/e2/Raise_hand.gif

greygoose
11-17-2013, 09:26 AM

:exactly:

Which is why is still depends what happens...

amvmm
11-17-2013, 11:19 AM
:impatient::impatient::impatient:

joda76
11-17-2013, 02:37 PM

I do! Make it so sideshow.

VintijDroidGutzz
11-18-2013, 02:44 AM
I'd **LOVE** an older Jedi Master Luke - that would be absolutely killer. :exactly:

Even if the new trilogy bombs, there'll still be some good in there no doubt; characters, designs, ships etc.

I think of the 'big three' though, an older Luke would be the best candidate for a 1/6 figure.

CaptnRex
11-18-2013, 02:57 AM
I'd **LOVE** an older Jedi Master Luke - that would be absolutely killer. :exactly:

Even if the new trilogy bombs, there'll still be some good in there no doubt; characters, designs, ships etc.

I think of the 'big three' though, an older Luke would be the best candidate for a 1/6 figure.

Absolutely, seeing he will be the 'new' Old Ben. I'd be up for that.

As for old Han and Leia, I know it's too early to call but it's just not the same thing.

VintijDroidGutzz
11-18-2013, 09:11 AM
That's the thing; by the nature of the Luke character, he's got longevity no matter his age. The other two - while important enough, aren't the same in that way.. well I guess Leia too yes, to a slightly lesser extent though.

If I was going to set up a 'New Trilogy' Detolf (:lol), I'd definitely have Master Luke & perhaps one or two other figures that define the series for me - plus a key vehicle.

lerath666
11-18-2013, 10:09 AM
hard to imagine a vehicle fitting in a detolf if it's 1/6th.

VintijDroidGutzz
11-18-2013, 10:13 AM
hard to imagine a vehicle fitting in a detolf if it's 1/6th.
Yeah thanks for that - I wouldn't have realized otherwise. :moon

I'd probably get a scaled replica of some sort.. of course. :)

greygoose
11-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Yeah thanks for that - I wouldn't have realized otherwise. :moon

We're gonna' need a bigger detolf...

VintijDroidGutzz
11-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Yeah...........

So - Anakin.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

jedibear
11-18-2013, 07:39 PM
^^^^ If Only....yes, if only.....we're waiting HT!^^^^

Jango Fett 117
11-23-2013, 08:25 PM
We only have 36 days left of this year! Please make it this year.......like you PROMISED :slap

Bo Shrek
11-24-2013, 07:52 AM
We only have 36 days left of this year! Please make it this year.......like you PROMISED :slap

go to the batman returns forum and review what was "promised" there!!!

VintijDroidGutzz
11-24-2013, 08:00 AM
That - & the Prometheus thread!!! At least they've shown a WIP for Shaw.. :lol

The only promise HT can keep these days, is being consistently vague.

Bo Shrek
11-24-2013, 08:52 AM
That - & the Prometheus thread!!! At least they've shown a WIP for Shaw.. :lol

The only promise HT can keep these days, is being consistently vague.

And increasing prices...

VintijDroidGutzz
11-24-2013, 09:00 AM
Yes.. that too. :lol

RavenEye
11-24-2013, 09:09 AM
Dont forget also keeping disney happy! (Stupid chitauri aliens, wtf needs that in there collection. Might as well call it Iron Man Shooting Fodder.)

VintijDroidGutzz
11-24-2013, 09:22 AM
Hot Toys don't work for Disney.. :lol

amvmm
11-24-2013, 11:11 AM
https://sites.google.com/site/lenoreboyle/anakinwithtroopersrc0.jpg

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/24100000/Anakin-Skywalker-star-wars-characters-24135618-500-360.jpg

Can't Wait! :impatient: :)

RavenEye
11-24-2013, 11:15 AM
Hot Toys don't work for Disney.. :lol

Says you...

Disney=Marvel=Avengers/Iron Man=Hot Toys

You don't see pattern?
:dunno

Bo Shrek
11-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Says you...

You don't see pattern?

And I believe the main reason for any HT Star Wars delays...

greygoose
11-24-2013, 11:57 AM

Have Hot Toys actually confirmed they're making this figure?

amvmm
11-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Have Hot Toys actually confirmed they're making this figure?

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134692

greygoose
11-24-2013, 01:36 PM
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134692

Thanks.

amvmm
11-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Thanks.

No problem!:hi5:

VintijDroidGutzz
11-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Says you...

You don't see pattern?

I know what you're trying to say.. but they aren't EMPLOYED by Disney - understand? :lol

They acquire popular licenses if it suits their business model going forward - it just so happens that Disney have a large hand in the popular franchises these days - there's your pattern. :duff

CaptnRex
11-24-2013, 11:01 PM
No news?

All that excitement when we first heard Hot Toys were doing Star Wars figures............................

greygoose
11-25-2013, 10:05 AM
No news?

All that excitement when we first heard Hot Toys were doing Star Wars figures............................

And just the one figure so far...

amvmm
11-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Bruce Banner this week. Only 4 weeks left in 2013!Announce Anakin Already!:gah:

VintijDroidGutzz
11-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Not before Elizabeth Shaw, mofos.. :tap

COMPACT
11-28-2013, 02:48 PM
ANOTHER YEAR WITHOUT NEWS AND MY HOPE IS ENDING....http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/images/smilies/gah.gif

Darth Con
11-28-2013, 03:18 PM
I think this is going to get lost in the hot toys black hole with smooth criminal and batman returns figures. :monkey1

Wanderer
11-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Here's hoping!

SixthScaleEdward
11-28-2013, 06:25 PM
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii6/DannyMyLove/Hayden%20Christensen/My%20Art/Crying.gif

devilof76
11-29-2013, 04:40 AM
They realized the error of their ways, and are now scrambling to get a Han Solo together for the next figure.

SixthScaleEdward
11-29-2013, 05:04 AM
I just realized, my previous post looks like Loki is laughing at Ani :lol Oh Ani!

Racetrack
11-29-2013, 05:55 AM
They realized the error of their ways, and are now scrambling to get a Han Solo together for the next figure.

:yess::clap:hi5:

greygoose
11-29-2013, 06:11 AM

Who's the decision maker? Hot Toys have their hands tied in regards to what they can/can't make Star Wars wise, right?

Racetrack
11-29-2013, 06:34 AM
Who's the decision maker? Hot Toys have their hands tied in regards to what they can/can't make Star Wars wise, right?

Well they said they planned to release an Anakin for 2014 and a Han for 2015. I would love it if they skipped Anakin and went straight to Han (Bespin please).

greygoose
11-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Well they said they planned to release an Anakin for 2014 and a Han for 2015. I would love it if they skipped Anakin and went straight to Han (Bespin please).

Shame it's just one a year.

lerath666
11-29-2013, 09:50 AM

That is correct. it's sideshow.

That said, this delay MIGHT be related to them attempting to wrest medicom's liscense from them.

They certianly have been getting comfy with hasbro lately.

Jango Fett 117
11-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Why go to Solo when he isn't the main role. The two Skywalkers are the mains and I'd love to put Anakin next to DX07 Luke

Niltusk
11-29-2013, 04:20 PM
That is correct. it's sideshow.

That said, this delay MIGHT be related to them attempting to wrest medicom's liscense from them.

They certianly have been getting comfy with hasbro lately.

I think you're right. With them trying to secure their own, i'm sure they're not too concerned with churning out much under SSC.
If they get Medi's license, people are probably going to **** at the amount of Star Wars coming out. :lol

OSCORP
11-29-2013, 06:15 PM
Medicom should almost be willing to give the license away. They certainly don't use it to it's full potential.

VintijDroidGutzz
11-30-2013, 04:51 AM
Why go to Solo when he isn't the main role. The two Skywalkers are the mains and I'd love to put Anakin next to DX07 Luke
Han Solo > Anakin by a country mile. :lecture

Sidious-66
11-30-2013, 07:17 AM
Han Solo > Anakin by a country mile. :lecture

Anakin (Mustafar) > Anakin (love sick puppy, AOTC) > Anakin (slave boy prat (TPM), :lol

greygoose
11-30-2013, 09:22 AM
The two Skywalkers are the mains and I'd love to put Anakin next to DX07 Luke

Or next to a Vader, for a before and after shot.

spindrift
11-30-2013, 02:28 PM
ZERO interest in DX Anakin- it would remind me of the awful PT too much.....
Wish it would be Han or Luke

sithlord13
11-30-2013, 03:44 PM
I'm in for anakin. I love the ot and see the flaws in the pt but anakin is the saga. For me anyway.

VintijDroidGutzz
11-30-2013, 04:34 PM
I like aspects of the PT - but what could've been a truly complimentary trilogy, turned into glorified filler with bits of sparkle. The saga will always be centered around Luke Skywalker as far as I'm concerned.

That said - this could be one of HT best figures if handled properly. A DX set like Bespin Luke would allow for all the deserved inclusions; pre / post Mustafar duel figures, all the arm attachments, 'Sith' PERS for bad Anakin, environment piece (lava miner platform) - & as a possible exclusive, either charred / severed forearm & head attachments, or Dooku's lightsaber. :duff

joda76
11-30-2013, 04:45 PM
I like aspects of the PT - but what could've been a truly complimentary trilogy, turned into glorified filler with bits of sparkle. The saga will always be centered around Luke Skywalker as far as I'm concerned.

That said - this could be one of HT best figures if handled properly. A DX set like Bespin Luke would allow for all the deserved inclusions; pre / post Mustafar duel figures, all the arm attachments, 'Sith' PERS for bad Anakin, environment piece (lava miner platform) - & as a possible exclusive, either charred / severed forearm & head attachments, or Dooku's lightsaber. :duff

I like the Dooku saber for the Exclusive :goodpost:

Invictus Sol
11-30-2013, 04:55 PM
ZERO interest in DX Anakin- it would remind me of the awful PT too much.....
Wish it would be Han or Luke
I only want to see a pre-order of Anakin since it would confirm the line's active and because Han is slated next (though I would've preferred a Bespin version over ANH). Would be neat to look over the pics, but yeah, no way would I buy DX Anakin in a million years.

fingolfin11
11-30-2013, 05:01 PM
OMG, I enter into this topic everyday with the hope to get news from HT or Sideshow with this piece. I pray for it!! Come on HT, take my money, you dont like it?

VintijDroidGutzz
11-30-2013, 05:03 PM
I only want to see a pre-order of Anakin since it would confirm the line's active and because Han is slated next .
That's the thing with this hobby - you've really gotta like the characters you're buying, these things ain't cheap. More folks seem to be adopting that philosophy these days anyway, because it makes the most sense. :lol

Agreed though; an official Anakin announcement / reveal means we're closer to Han. :rock

Jango Fett 117
11-30-2013, 11:38 PM
When does The Hoth Han get released by Sideshow?

The Chev
11-30-2013, 11:47 PM
That's the thing with this hobby - you've really gotta like the characters you're buying, these things ain't cheap. More folks seem to be adopting that philosophy these days anyway, because it makes the most sense. :lol

Agreed though; an official Anakin announcement / reveal means we're closer to Han. :rock

I'm just curious to see what all will come with this. Will they do two figures? A clean and Battle Damaged version would be cool, especially with all the tiny burn holes on Anakin's attire. Also, he has to come with Sith Eyes. PERS might look really cool with those yellow eyes.

I'm also not as excited for Han Solo as some considering how the other HF sculpt they did turned out.

sithlord13
12-01-2013, 03:28 AM
I'm just curious to see what all will come with this. Will they do two figures? A clean and Battle Damaged version would be cool, especially with all the tiny burn holes on Anakin's attire. Also, he has to come with Sith Eyes. PERS might look really cool with those yellow eyes.

I'm also not as excited for Han Solo as some considering how the other HF sculpt they did turned out.

A twin pack would be awesome. Clean anakin "hero" and dirty sith eye vader.love it

Also want han.
And xd Luke Jedi.

VintijDroidGutzz
12-01-2013, 04:10 AM

A twin pack would be awesome. Clean anakin "hero" and dirty sith eye vader.

As per the previous page:

..this could be one of HT best figures if handled properly. A DX set like Bespin Luke would allow for all the deserved inclusions; pre / post Mustafar duel figures, all the arm attachments, 'Sith' PERS for bad Anakin, environment piece (lava miner platform) - & as a possible exclusive, either charred / severed forearm & head attachments, or Dooku's lightsaber. :duff

:duff

greygoose
12-01-2013, 07:30 AM

So much potential.:pray:

VintijDroidGutzz
12-01-2013, 07:34 AM
I meant to say - included severed leg attachments as well. :slap :lol

The Chev
12-01-2013, 03:47 PM
I meant to say - included severed leg attachments as well. :slap :lol

I honestly would be a little surprised if Anakin DX didn't follow a similar pattern as Luke DX07. Love the idea of the severed leg attachments.

As a EX they can throw in that little flying droid or whatever it was that watches Obi and Anakin fight for a second. Isn't Chan a huge Star Wars fan? I would have thought we would have seen at least a few more Star Wars characters frequently.

I actually think they could do a good Chewbacca. Their Planet of the Ape figures didn't look too bad from the pictures I've seen.

VintijDroidGutzz
12-01-2013, 03:48 PM
I will never personally endorse fur / hair on 1/6 scale figures.

Ever. :lol

Commander Cody
12-01-2013, 03:50 PM
off topic sorry
The Chev I love your sig man haha

greygoose
12-01-2013, 03:51 PM

Scared you might like it.;)

VintijDroidGutzz
12-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Scared you might like it.;)
Yeah...............

No. :lol

The Chev
12-01-2013, 10:51 PM

C'mon, it'll be fun. It will come with a tiny wookie brush to brush his hair.

The Chev
12-01-2013, 10:52 PM
off topic sorry
The Chev I love your sig man haha

Thanks, I get a kick out of it.

greygoose
12-02-2013, 03:56 AM
C'mon, it'll be fun. It will come with a tiny wookie brush to brush his hair.

You never know, someone's got to keep on futzing his hair.:lol

Jango Fett 117
12-02-2013, 05:43 AM
Last month come on Hot Toys

lerath666
12-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Thought.

He will be a 2 -in- one with a ROTS Vader.

He's being held back for sideshow to release their vader first.

OSCORP
12-02-2013, 04:22 PM
^Then i'd HAVE to get it. And sell off the Anakin.

Hopefully it's a 2 pack with Shaw.