PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys DX Anakin Skywalker (EP3)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

jra81984
08-05-2013, 07:51 AM
What I would give for a 1/6 version of the Vader operating table. I have the hasbro small version of it... I love it.

abake
08-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Damn, I was really hoping for some news on this...

lerath666
08-05-2013, 09:05 AM
agree about Sideshow stepping up on their quality. I don't know how their figures went from being pretty awful to the showcase at SDCC 2013 where everything looked like it was catching up to Hot Toys pretty fast. Did they get new factories to produce better figures? Better artists to sculpt heads like Hoth Luke and Han (and the new Clone troops)?

How did they turn everything around so fast? Did they recently restructure their 12" figures staff? I'm very impressed.

Two(ish) words for you.

G.I. Joe.
Love or hate teh stylistic choices on some of the joes, sideshow has been cinsitantly knocking the joes out of the park since Duke. GREAT tailoring. GREAT costumes. Sculpts "inspired by" real people. increased levels of detail on each subsequent release. ETC
This gets pushed to the limit, and taken up another notch with TPM padawan kenobi actualy having hot toys esque skin texture. ( Don't knock him. He's a GREAT pice that for some weird-*** reason dosn't photograph well. He is STILL amazing, wonky belt and candysaber aside)

sideshow does what they always do. they innovate, and create AMAZING pieces. it just takes time.

^ :lol

Specially sculpted Hayden TT body.
Three PERS heads & three sets of clothes (pre & during & post Mustafar battle)
Light up lightsaber
Metal arm / hand attachments
Burnt arm / leg stumps
Lava miner platform base
Jedi temple stairs base
Dooku's hands on a necklace

..all in a box that looks like the medical table.

$599. :lecture

:lol

Nah. It'll be this

Two anakin heads, one Vader reveal head and helmet.

I don't need to say any more.

sithlord13
08-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Dookus hands on a necklace lol

They could start a subline.
Maces hand with lightsaber

Anakins arm

Luke's hand

Wampas arm
Pondas arm

With an attractive stand for them all - like the scaled saber one a few years back

VintijDroidGutzz
08-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Nah. It'll be this

Two anakin heads, one Wader reveal head and helmet.

I don't need to say any more.
Cryptic much? :lol

I think my suggestion would sell well - although I was partly joking about it (obviously), but value for money has to remain a priority for HT to stay competitive.

Bespin Luke was amazing value. They should at least try to give customers the reason to genuinely WANT these sets.

lerath666
08-05-2013, 09:56 AM
I'll be a bit less then.

3 in one Darth vader /anakin figure.

ROTS anakin, full figure

Battale damaged Mustafar "Darth Vader"

And ROTS Full vader with 3 piece reveal mask

REtail price? 599.99

King Darkness
08-05-2013, 09:59 AM

Specially sculpted Hayden TT body
Three PERS heads & three sets of clothes (pre & during & post Mustafar battle)
Light up lightsaber
Metal arm / hand attachments
Burnt arm / leg stumps
Lava miner platform base
Jedi temple stairs base
Dooku's hands on a necklace

..all in a box that looks like the medical table.

$599. :lecture

For six bills I demand no less than one dead youngling.

VintijDroidGutzz
08-05-2013, 10:42 AM
I'll be a bit less then.

3 in one Darth vader /anakin figure.

ROTS anakin, full figure

Battale damaged Mustafar "Darth Vader"

And ROTS Full vader with 3 piece reveal mask

REtail price? 599.99
So.. you mean one figure with interchangeable heads & outfits? That's similar to what I suggested. :lol

Except.. I have no interest in a suited up ROTS Darth Vader.

ANH Vader or GTFO. :lecture

For six bills I demand no less than one dead youngling.
Of course - how absent minded of me!! :lol

lerath666
08-05-2013, 11:11 AM
So.. you mean one figure with interchangeable heads & outfits? That's similar to what I suggested. :lol

Except.. I have no interest in a suited up ROTS Darth Vader.

ANH Vader or GTFO. :lecture

Well, three figures, one box. Some shared accessories. Like Bespin luke.

ANH vader? didn't sideshow already do that one? ;)

For me, the "ICONIC" vader is allways gonna be ROTJ.

VintijDroidGutzz
08-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Well, three figures, one box. Some shared accessories. Like Bespin luke.
Gotcha.

ANH vader? didn't sideshow already do that one? ;)
That one doesn't count because it's kahkah. :lecture

For me, the "ICONIC" vader is allways gonna be ROTJ.
Well - that's where you & I differ immensely my friend. :lol

Centrocal
08-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Perhaps they will reveal Anakin at STGCC, August 31 ?

RavenEye
08-05-2013, 01:20 PM
Hey ya know what would be fun with a Hot Toys SW line? Build a figure with a figure. Seperate parts released with each figure release that make 1 figure! :lol

automaton
08-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Hey ya know what would be fun with a Hot Toys SW line? Build a figure with a figure. Seperate parts released with each figure release that make 1 figure! :lol

and that one figure would be another character that we would never see.

Darthrazz
08-05-2013, 01:29 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i210/darthrazz/IMG_5921_sw.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/user/darthrazz/media/IMG_5921_sw.jpg.html)

VintijDroidGutzz
08-05-2013, 01:31 PM

I just want ANH Han Solo, really.. :monkey2

Travis Baumann
08-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Like many of you, I have my issues with the PT. That being said, I absolutely love the Dark Horse comic series as well as the novels so to me Anakin is not just about Christian's questionable acting and George's questionable directing but about the character himself. I would love for him to look like he does when he turns toward camera in the last third of ROTS and has those Sith eyes.

Each of the movies have moments of absolute coolness. Each also has moments of complete frustration but less so as the three movies progress. I personally would love Anakin in two forms, one at the moment of the crossed sabers at Dooku's neck, the second the aforementioned moment of complete surrender to the Dark Side.

sithlord13
08-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Like many of you, I have my issues with the PT. That being said, I absolutely love the Dark Horse comic series as well as the novels so to me Anakin is not just about Christian's questionable acting and George's questionable directing but about the character himself. I would love for him to look like he does when he turns toward camera in the last third of ROTS and has those Sith eyes.

Each of the movies have moments of absolute coolness. Each also has moments of complete frustration but less so as the three movies progress. I personally would love Anakin in two forms, one at the moment of the crossed sabers at Dooku's neck, the second the aforementioned moment of complete surrender to the Dark Side.

:hi5::exactly::goodpost:

Dark horse rocked it.

And that is why I too rate anakin.

The new trilogy scares me thou. So much hope. Can it ever deliver?

Travis Baumann
08-05-2013, 03:10 PM
:hi5::exactly::goodpost:

Dark horse rocked it.

And that is why I too rate anakin.

The new trilogy scares me thou. So much hope. Can it ever deliver?

I am quite nervous about the new trilogy as well. While I will admit that I liked the Star Trek reboot JJ did, this is NOT a reboot, it is a continuation of an ongoing mythos with literally hundreds of extended hours of companion product.

I personally would have liked to see them jump further in the future like the Legacy series (which are awesome, well I have not read the second part but the first 11 graphic novel run was awesome). I worry about elderly Luke, Han, and Leia and also about casting choices for the Solo/Skywalker younger generation (my hopes is they don't go too young, I don't want to see Jaina or Jacen solo as kids but as young adults, preferably in the decent into Darth Caedus era with Ben Skywalker young but not a whiny kid like AOTC Anakin):pray:

Batty
08-05-2013, 06:29 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i210/darthrazz/IMG_5921_sw.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/user/darthrazz/media/IMG_5921_sw.jpg.html)

King and I hanging out on a Sunday afternoon.

Invictus Sol
08-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Q: I know you are an avid Star Wars fan, but your Star Wars line up are all delayed, any reason why? Also after Luke Skywalker, what other characters are you planning to make (ex: Han Solo, Princess Leia, Anakin Skywalker)?

HC: Yes, Anakin Skywalker but it will also be a little delayed but it will definitely be a DX.
Cool to hear from the horse's mouth that the line's not dead, even if I have no need for the figure. Sure it'll be a great release to follow, at the very least.

Dracula's got a thread with the full interview here (http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131987).

sithlord13
08-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Yes Anakin Skywalker but it will also be a little delayed but it will definitely be a DX.

Little delayed ? Lol

Well at least he saying its still coming.

:)

Darth Vader
08-05-2013, 11:23 PM
lol maybe before 2015 when the new film comes out.

King Darkness
08-05-2013, 11:35 PM
King and I hanging out on a Sunday afternoon.
Remember you last birthday party?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3414/4638714378_f2fd5e1556.jpg

I don't either :(

VintijDroidGutzz
08-06-2013, 02:12 AM

DX Anakin huh.. I don't think I need one that badly.

Darkarn009
08-06-2013, 02:28 AM
delay...guess it will be aliitle longer, longer again for solo.
*Sigh* well i guess they'll run out of im characters eventually..

abake
08-06-2013, 06:47 AM
Very happy to hear that Anakin is coming.
Too bad it's delayed.

Craig77
08-06-2013, 07:12 AM
I wonder if this will be the next DX or if there will be another in front of it?
That said I suspect the delay has everything to do with licensing...and not about the onslaught of iron man figures.
Thanks for the post!!

VintijDroidGutzz
08-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Why do you think that?

If they're subletting from SSC.. it should be pretty straightforward. :huh

lerath666
08-06-2013, 07:24 AM
I am quite nervous about the new trilogy as well. While I will admit that I liked the Star Trek reboot JJ did, this is NOT a reboot, it is a continuation of an ongoing mythos with literally hundreds of extended hours of companion product.

I personally would have liked to see them jump further in the future like the Legacy series (which are awesome, well I have not read the second part but the first 11 graphic novel run was awesome). I worry about elderly Luke, Han, and Leia and also about casting choices for the Solo/Skywalker younger generation (my hopes is they don't go too young, I don't want to see Jaina or Jacen solo as kids but as young adults, preferably in the decent into Darth Caedus era with Ben Skywalker young but not a whiny kid like AOTC Anakin):pray:

They've already said it's gonna be 35-40 Years after ROTJ...

Which amusingly puts it RIGHT AFTER ( more or less) the most recent novels.

so... if they pay lip service to the novels ( which is all i'm expecting) then the only EU charcaters I'd hope to see would be

Jaina, Ben, Amelia, and Jag.

Be kinda nice to see the Barabel as well.

anwe
08-06-2013, 08:07 AM
I'm fairly relaxed about part VII. I mean the biggest problem - yes I mean GL, even if it might be a little bit unfair - has been removed and barring the return of Darth Vader or something I have trouble imagining how anything could be more damaging for the Star Wars mythos as a whole than the prequels already were.

pixletwin
08-06-2013, 08:49 AM
I have a feeling Anakin was delayed because they are trying to do something really spectacular with it... Maybe the 3-in-1 idea someone mentioned earlier really is in the works.

lerath666
08-06-2013, 09:09 AM
I'm fairly relaxed about part VII. I mean the biggest problem - yes I mean GL, even if it might be a little bit unfair - has been removed and barring the return of Darth Vader or something I have trouble imagining how anything could be more damaging for the Star Wars mythos as a whole than the prequels already were.

I wouldn't nessacarlay mind a "vader's return" story. so long as it's all cloak and dagger, shrouded in mystery stuff.

and in the end it turns out to be an imposter, or a robot.

VintijDroidGutzz
08-06-2013, 09:15 AM
I wouldn't nessacarlay mind a "vader's return" story. so long as it's all cloak and dagger, shrouded in mystery stuff.

and in the end it turns out to be an imposter, or a robot.

Sounds like a 2 hour episode of Scooby to me. :lol

pixletwin
08-06-2013, 09:16 AM

Yup. My thoughts precicely. :lecture

sithlord13
08-06-2013, 09:39 AM
They've already said it's gonna be 35-40 Years after ROTJ...

Which amusingly puts it RIGHT AFTER ( more or less) the most recent novels.

so... if they pay lip service to the novels ( which is all i'm expecting) then the only EU charcaters I'd hope to see would be

Jaina, Ben, Amelia, and Jag.

Be kinda nice to see the Barabel as well.

I'm not up on all the spoilers etc but is that timeline confirmed?

lerath666
08-06-2013, 09:45 AM

I'm not arguing that, but if they Decide to "revive" Darth Vader, that' s the only way it can be any good.

that... or cloning i guess.

lerath666
08-06-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm not up on all the spoilers etc but is that timeline confirmed?

It was a WHILE ago. before abrams was involved. The new films are based Looslely on a "treatment" lucas wrote around the time of ROTJ. MY understanding is it's VERY minimal stuff, a page, possibly two.

amvmm
08-06-2013, 09:50 AM
I have a feeling Anakin was delayed because they are trying to do something really spectacular with it... Maybe the 3-in-1 idea someone mentioned earlier really is in the works.

That would be awesome!! :pray:

Invictus Sol
08-06-2013, 09:52 AM
There is no good way to bring back Vader or the Emperor. Both of them need to stay dead and in the past.

pixletwin
08-06-2013, 09:56 AM
There is no good way to bring back Vader or the Emperor. Both of them need to stay dead and in the past.

Again. :lecture

VintijDroidGutzz
08-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Yeah, agreed Sol.

A Vader cult would be cool though..

lerath666
08-06-2013, 11:33 AM

Yeah, agreed Sol.

A Vader cult would be cool though..

Which is still going into scooby-doo teritory. it's not a jump for the cult leader to dress like him, or claim to be him reserected, or some other such foolishness.

While i don't WANT that... i wouldn't nessacaraly hate it if its done well.

Personaly, I agree, Vader needs to stay dead. But I'm setting my standards and expectations VERY LOW this time.

Travis Baumann
08-06-2013, 12:45 PM
It was a WHILE ago. before abrams was involved. The new films are based Looslely on a "treatment" lucas wrote around the time of ROTJ. MY understanding is it's VERY minimal stuff, a page, possibly two.

At one point Dark Horse announced that their writers had been brought in to consult along with Del Rey so that the timelines remained consistent with what had already been done.

George at one time spoke of a 9 part saga, this next section being the final three he initially thought of but from what I remember, it was a very basic "treatment"/outline type of thing.

Travis Baumann
08-06-2013, 12:51 PM

The Dark Empire trilogy already did all that (Emperor had clone factories cloning himself and then his "force ghost" transferred bodies). Luke eventually gets sucked into all this, turns bad for a bit, etc.

This was my least favorite novel/comic story ever. I rewatched Jedi a few days ago and the Emperor definitely "blows up" in a blast of force where I swear for a second my brain makes Vader go X-ray for second... He should stay dead.

The Crimson Empire I/II series however was great, playing up the vying members of the remaining council/Moffs as well as giving us a look into the mysterious red-clad guards.

I really hope they do NOT do the Yuzhon Vong invasion though. While the Invasion comics are really good, I never liked the bio-organic aliens from another galaxy (they remind me of Predator and Aliens combined but with living weapons, not super original for SW).

sithlord13
08-06-2013, 01:30 PM
I always just imagined the reborn emperor was a flash imprinted clone no more.

Please let the new films start after all the books. I can sacrifice legacy thou.

automaton
08-06-2013, 02:35 PM
i think bringing back Palpatine is a very viable option... not as a clone, but as a force ghost. i would love to see Ian Mcdiarmid give the book end performance to Alec Guinness' from the OT... the spirit of the Sith befriending and seducing the young Solo child... the relationship between Luke and Obi Wan is the OT's greatest chemistry... as the idea of a Jedi Knight was built from the ground up, the reemergence of the Sith can be mirrored in the same way.

i would love to see more moments such as the Opera scene in ROTS... or the scene between Obi Wan and Luke after Yoda's passing in ESB... i want to see the baton passed and when considering the next generation of Star Wars fans waiting to be born, i want to see them experience "a beginning".

Travis Baumann
08-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Thing with that is, the Sith usually only mentor if they have something to gain from it... The apprentice eventually kills his master. That being said, they have done similar things with past Sith basically being trapped in artifacts and then pretty much taking control of the owner so that was their gain.

There are so many awesome Sith over the years of comics and books I for one am all for NEW villains. I love Palpatine but I think 6 films of him is enough for me.

VintijDroidGutzz
08-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Which is still going into scooby-doo teritory. it's not a jump for the cult leader to dress like him, or claim to be him reserected, or some other such foolishness.
True.. but context is everything. :)

automaton
08-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Thing with that is, the Sith usually only mentor if they have something to gain from it... The apprentice eventually kills his master. That being said, they have done similar things with past Sith basically being trapped in artifacts and then pretty much taking control of the owner so that was their gain.

There are so many awesome Sith over the years of comics and books I for one am all for NEW villains. I love Palpatine but I think 6 films of him is enough for me.

i hear what you are saying, but i think if done right, Palpatine could bridge the gap concerning a more in depth look at the force. i would love to see his insight after 'death"... his role would obviously be limited as a force ghost... but this is where Ian Mcdiarmid would shine. Solo's dark side temped child would basically be the "Luke" of the next trilogy... and if done right, perhaps we would all question the line between the light and dark side of the force.

the Jedi too the force too literally... the Sith took it to too far of an extreme... there must be a greater sense of enlightenment from beyond... we have seen the science of the force in the PT... the faith of the force in the OT... perhaps now it is time to really get to the meat of it.

lerath666
08-07-2013, 09:27 AM
The Dark Empire trilogy already did all that (Emperor had clone factories cloning himself and then his "force ghost" transferred bodies). Luke eventually gets sucked into all this, turns bad for a bit, etc.

This was my least favorite novel/comic story ever. I rewatched Jedi a few days ago and the Emperor definitely "blows up" in a blast of force where I swear for a second my brain makes Vader go X-ray for second... He should stay dead.

The Crimson Empire I/II series however was great, playing up the vying members of the remaining council/Moffs as well as giving us a look into the mysterious red-clad guards.

I really hope they do NOT do the Yuzhon Vong invasion though. While the Invasion comics are really good, I never liked the bio-organic aliens from another galaxy (they remind me of Predator and Aliens combined but with living weapons, not super original for SW).

Strictly speaking, the vong war happens roughly 16 years after Jedi. this film is ( appearently) set 30 years after. so the vong war is long gone.
IF THEY EVEN CHOOSE TO ACCNOLEDGE IT, the presence would be very minimal.

Personaly, I'm hoping the only mention of the vong, is that " Chewie, Anakin, and Jacen died fighting enemies of the republic". Keep it vague so EU haters don't explode.

BANE'S SITH kill their mentors. rule of two and all that sillyness. Darth Bane's way is not the ONLY way of the sith. "traditional " ( IE Sith that do not follow the rule of two) Don't Allways kill their mentors... unless they have something to gain from it ...

yongkykun
08-07-2013, 10:49 AM
I just hope it's not going to be another cg creature flick with substandard story that made the biggest revelation in Ep 5 completely redundant.

Sidious-66
08-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Yeah I will keep my expectations on the low side for these new movies like someone mentioned earlier in the thread.

My main focus is only the movies so I really know nothing about the EU so I'm open to seeing new stuff in the movie.

In regards to Palpatine I'm torn as he is my favourite SW character and on one hand I think he should remain dead and on the other hand I like the idea mentioned of the 'ghost' idea.

Ian was fantastic as Palpatine and I feel he could add a lot of good to the movie but I would only like to see him in the new movies if it actually adds something to them and not casting him for the sake of it.

Wasn't there a book series set after ROTJ about Palpatine son coming out of the woodwork and people looking for Vader's glove?

Travis Baumann
08-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Strictly speaking, the vong war happens roughly 16 years after Jedi. this film is ( appearently) set 30 years after. so the vong war is long gone.
IF THEY EVEN CHOOSE TO ACCNOLEDGE IT, the presence would be very minimal.

Personaly, I'm hoping the only mention of the vong, is that " Chewie, Anakin, and Jacen died fighting enemies of the republic". Keep it vague so EU haters don't explode....

I guess you're right there but I wonder if they can deal with Chewie being gone... It seemed to stretch on for a long time and by then Mara Jade and so many are already gone. It seems if they don't ignore it, there are some substantial characters missing.

BANE'S SITH kill their mentors. rule of two and all that sillyness. Darth Bane's way is not the ONLY way of the sith. "traditional " ( IE Sith that do not follow the rule of two) Don't Allways kill their mentors... unless they have something to gain from it ...

You are right there as well but as far as the Sith we know from the the six movies and eras immediately around them, they still follow the Rule of Two. Prior to Bane (I am reading the first novel now in that series, pretty cool) the Old Republic era had hundreds of Sith and then again in Legacy, Darth Krait abolishes the Rule of Two. It is funny in those books that the galaxy lasted a second when you see what just two of them can do at a time! Good thing for the Jedi their infighting weakens them.

lerath666
08-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Yeah I will keep my expectations on the low side for these new movies like someone mentioned earlier in the thread.

My main focus is only the movies so I really know nothing about the EU so I'm open to seeing new stuff in the movie.

In regards to Palpatine I'm torn as he is my favourite SW character and on one hand I think he should remain dead and on the other hand I like the idea mentioned of the 'ghost' idea.

Ian was fantastic as Palpatine and I feel he could add a lot of good to the movie but I would only like to see him in the new movies if it actually adds something to them and not casting him for the sake of it.

Wasn't there a book series set after ROTJ about Palpatine son coming out of the woodwork and people looking for Vader's glove?

"The glove of Darth Vader" it was, if i remember correctly, a "young readers" book... and one of the not so great pieces of SW EU material that is no longer canon.

I guess you're right there but I wonder if they can deal with Chewie being gone... It seemed to stretch on for a long time and by then Mara Jade and so many are already gone. It seems if they don't ignore it, there are some substantial characters missing.

You are right there as well but as far as the Sith we know from the the six movies and eras immediately around them, they still follow the Rule of Two. Prior to Bane (I am reading the first novel now in that series, pretty cool) the Old Republic era had hundreds of Sith and then again in Legacy, Darth Krait abolishes the Rule of Two. It is funny in those books that the galaxy lasted a second when you see what just two of them can do at a time! Good thing for the Jedi their infighting weakens them.

Mayhew hasn't been tapped to come back and play him as far as we know.

Chewie was OLD in the old movies. PERSONALY, I hope they replace him with a different alien, or another wookie.

Lowbacca, Wookie jedi would be my top pick.

The last rule of two sith were Vader and Sidious. They died. All that is left are "True" sith.

Travis Baumann
08-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Quoting 666:
Chewie was OLD in the old movies. PERSONALY, I hope they replace him with a different alien, or another wookie.

In one of the books I have Leia is a Jedi and she is hanging with a Trandoshan Jedi, that was pretty cool.

I saw Mayhew at Wondercon this year and he is in a wheelchair most of the time, not sure even if Chewie were in the movie he would be up for it.

I have to say I was really bothered by Yoda being with Chewie on Kryyshk in ROTS. Chewbaca never really let on that he and Yoda met in the OT (because they hadn't!) so it seemed really odd that he wouldn't have known who Ben was, about Jedi, or any of that other stuff by the time we "catch up with him" in ANH. I know it is a small point but it bothers me. I cringe everytime I watch it and Yoda says "Goodbye Chewbaca", I just want to punch something.

lerath666
08-07-2013, 01:08 PM
You sure it's a Transdoshan, and NOT Saba Sebatine, the Barabel?

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/d/d4/Saba_Sebatyne_by_Brian_Rood.jpg

similar to transdoshan's but they do have several differences that ARE important. one of which is that Barabel have tails.

Travis Baumann
08-07-2013, 01:25 PM
I can't remember... I am at work right no so cant look. I think it was either "Agents of Chaos II" or "Tempest". I thought for sure they said it was a Trandoshan but it has been a while since I read it, maybe it was a similar saurian race. Either way, it was cool, I wanted to get an extra body for my Bossk and use the extra (calm head I use the snarling one on him now) for a Jedi kitbash based on the book.

Travis Baumann
08-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Actually I bet you are right, I just did a search and I think it was:

"Saba Sebatyne was a female Barabel Jedi Master of the New Jedi Order"

lerath666
08-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Yup, If its agents of chaos or Tempest, it's Saba. it's also worth nothing that Saba is the one who trains leia to be a jedi

yongkykun
08-07-2013, 08:15 PM
In keeping with the continuity of the OT, the fights will be slow paced like two old men trying to beat each other with a stick then? What do you guys think?

Darkarn009
08-07-2013, 09:44 PM
In keeping with the continuity of the OT, the fights will be slow paced like two old men trying to beat each other with a stick then? What do you guys think?
if i wanted to see that then why wouldnt i just go drive down to my local retirement home?

yongkykun
08-07-2013, 10:20 PM
if i wanted to see that then why wouldnt i just go drive down to my local retirement home?

What? Are you saying old people hold some sort of fight club once a week?
UGFC (Ultimate Geezer Fighting Championship) is something I'd like to see. Less violent, for sure.

But on serious note, they made the PT look way more energetic than OT and if the sequel to the OT was to have the same style as PT, that would really undermine the whole OT experience, imo. Thoughts?

Edit: when daddy Vader fights Luke it looked like this :thwak
When sonny Luke fights Vader it looked like this :thwak
But prequel trilogy looked like this :lsvader
So what the sequel is going to look like then?

Darkarn009
08-08-2013, 12:03 AM
UGFC (Ultimate Geezer Fighting Championship) is something I'd like to see. Less violent, for sure.
You'd be surprised what happens when someone eats the last piece of carrot cake... :thwak

sithlord13
08-08-2013, 12:14 AM

But on serious note, they made the PT look way more energetic than OT and if the sequel to the OT was to have the same style as PT, that would really undermine the whole OT experience, imo. Thoughts?

Sequels need to go with pt style. Luke was a learner and vader was largely toying with him. Ben and vader was more a test of wills ( at least that's what I tell myself). And I supose given how jumping in worked so poorly before maybe vader was being cautious?

If Luke does some fighting In the new ones his style can be updated to reflect that's he's the grand master now :)

VintijDroidGutzz
08-08-2013, 02:53 AM
Luke was the force hand wave master. :cool:

They should have some scenes of him going all Yoda style, standing on a mountain top, & crashing ships into each other with a wave of his hand. :rock

yongkykun
08-08-2013, 06:12 AM
You'd be surprised what happens when someone eats the last piece of carrot cake... :thwak

LOL

Went to one at the Castle Hill area in Sydney, they were alright.

Sequels need to go with pt style. Luke was a learner and vader was largely toying with him. Ben and vader was more a test of wills ( at least that's what I tell myself). And I supose given how jumping in worked so poorly before maybe vader was being cautious?

If Luke does some fighting In the new ones his style can be updated to reflect that's he's the grand master now :)

I agree. The fight choreographer needs to come up with a style that can be more akin to the OT and yet retains the vitality of PT.

Luke was the force hand wave master. :cool:

They should have some scenes of him going all Yoda style, standing on a mountain top, & crashing ships into each other with a wave of his hand. :rock

Is that an innuendo?

I honestly don't think that Luke was good at anything other than piloting. He was alright at fencing but his force powers never did get much a look in except in games, comics and novels.

lerath666
08-08-2013, 07:39 AM

LOL

I agree. The fight choreographer needs to come up with a style that can be more akin to the OT and yet retains the vitality of PT.

Is that an innuendo?

I honestly don't think that Luke was good at anything other than piloting. He was alright at fencing but his force powers never did get much a look in except in games, comics and novels.

By the most recent book series, which deals with the return and resurgence of the "true" sith ( as in, no more rule of two), Luke is known as a "pretty good" pilot, and Excelent Jedi ( though there are those with more knowledge of the force than himself, Luke has the Most expierence, and most practice. While he's not the best, he has the most power, and the knowhow to use it most effectively) And quite possibly the best swordsman in the galaxy "the universe is covered in the severed limbs of people foolish enough to underestimate him" is quite possibly my favorite quote from those books.

Given how modern films are, the Action will need to be strong, and blatant. It needs to be energetic, without seeming forced or fake.

or looking like this
http://i.imgur.com/4thrz.gif

DarthAlias
08-08-2013, 09:06 AM
LOL

Is that an innuendo?

Actually, there was an interview GL did that explained the difference in dueling styles between OT and PT. He said PT was more energetic and acrobatic because the Jedi were in their primes.You have Jedi Order going crazy and are younger pretty much. While having the Sith needing to match if not be greater than what the JO are. OT had an old man (Obi) teaching a young boy how to duel (not much acrobatics) and also had an old half man/half machine dueling too. Combine the two old men together, you get Obi vs Darth ANH scene (no energy or crazy PT style dueling). The rest is history.

I figure the new trilogy should have a mix of both but would like to see some sort of force unleashed style of fighting. I want someone to be on Force steroids and go crazy!

yongkykun
08-08-2013, 10:19 AM
By the most recent book series, which deals with the return and resurgence of the "true" sith ( as in, no more rule of two), Luke is known as a "pretty good" pilot, and Excelent Jedi ( though there are those with more knowledge of the force than himself, Luke has the Most expierence, and most practice. While he's not the best, he has the most power, and the knowhow to use it most effectively) And quite possibly the best swordsman in the galaxy "the universe is covered in the severed limbs of people foolish enough to underestimate him" is quite possibly my favorite quote from those books.

Given how modern films are, the Action will need to be strong, and blatant. It needs to be energetic, without seeming forced or fake.

or looking like this
http://i.imgur.com/4thrz.gif

Nice info there mate. Thanks!

And yeah that's an awesome quote!

I figure the new trilogy should have a mix of both but would like to see some sort of force unleashed style of fighting. I want someone to be on Force steroids and go crazy!

:exactly:

One way to do it is make the lightsaber fights a tad slower but go mental with the force powers.

lerath666
08-08-2013, 11:02 AM
.....Appropriate use of "Bullet time" could be used to represent "force speed" and create some truly epic lightsaber fights.

Travis Baumann
08-08-2013, 11:37 AM
I for one found some of the lightsaber battles in PT over the top. When Palpatine does some spinning dive at Fisto and Windu it made me laugh. Same went for Yoda doing all the flips and stuff. I never saw him as a swordsman from the OT (even imagining him 600 or more years younger). I always pictured Yoda and Palpatine just facing off looking like they are taking a dump and then one of their heads explodes alla Scanners.

That being said, I did like Dooku fighting Obi and Anakin both times, especially when Anakin slides his saber around and literally unarms Dooku.

Invictus Sol
08-08-2013, 11:50 AM
.....Appropriate use of "Bullet time" could be used to represent "force speed" and create some truly epic lightsaber fights.
Personally, I think it'd look out of place in the SW universe. Everything's always been real time, so yeah, pretty sure that would bug me.

lerath666
08-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Personally, I think it'd look out of place in the SW universe. Everything's always been real time, so yeah, pretty sure that would bug me.

Key words there are "appropriate use"

An example of this would be two force users squaring off in battle.. and tehy continue to move at normal speed, while the battlefield around them, and EVERYTHIN ELSE in it is slowed down.

Or, Our force user is besieged by ranged enemy units.. time slowes for them, while he runs at normal speed, casualy moving out of the way of enemy fire to close to striking distance, Weaving between the blaster fire to get there.

Not Full-on everything slow-mo, but creative use of it to create these effects, so we, the auidence is percieving things as the jedi/sith see them.

lerath666
08-08-2013, 01:12 PM
here we go, like this.

http://youtu.be/Dax_jrzkalE

Imagine this sequence, but having it actualy moving, JUUUUST a little bit... and the Force useres moving through this frozen world at normal speed.

In Shadows of the empire, luke describes its as if "the whole universe slows down, and setping aside from the attacker becomes as effortless as breathing" when he finaly becomes fully "in-tune" with the force.

To everyone else who saw this happen, they describet it as if luke instantly moved from one place to another. "one moment you were here, the next, there"

Travis Baumann
08-08-2013, 03:10 PM
here we go, like this.

To everyone else who saw this happen, they describet it as if luke instantly moved from one place to another. "one moment you were here, the next, there"

As long as they don't do it like the vampires move in True Blood... fine for that show but it would be dumb in SW.

The Jedi/Sith have never moved or acted in this fashion up to this point though. They feel the force and make force assisted actions but not so sure about accelerated scenes... maybe accelerated perceptions and some heightened reflexes, etc. but I always took it more as them sensing what was about to happen as opposed to being "speed demons". If you look at how Qui Gonn and Anakin get hit, it is not super speed that gets them but cunning, strategy, and competent saber skills.

Khev
08-08-2013, 05:17 PM

Luke's duel with Vader on Dagobah was in slow motion.

Invictus Sol
08-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Luke's duel with Vader on Dagobah was in slow motion.
Sonnofa... true, I won't deny then that there is a precedence, however... that was in Luke's head, specifically, and not a 'normal' Jedi/Sith battle. Although I'm not saying it's impossible to do right, I'm sceptical that 'bullet-time' would work for Star Wars.

SithThundercracker
08-09-2013, 02:04 AM
Bullet time representing superhuman abilities is just like Achilles' powers in Troy. I don't know...I think bullet time is one of the most annoying trends in movie industry, so I really hope it stays out of SW.

lerath666
08-09-2013, 07:12 AM
As long as they don't do it like the vampires move in True Blood... fine for that show but it would be dumb in SW.

The Jedi/Sith have never moved or acted in this fashion up to this point though. They feel the force and make force assisted actions but not so sure about accelerated scenes... maybe accelerated perceptions and some heightened reflexes, etc. but I always took it more as them sensing what was about to happen as opposed to being "speed demons". If you look at how Qui Gonn and Anakin get hit, it is not super speed that gets them but cunning, strategy, and competent saber skills.

Phantom menace, Obi-wan and Quigon use it to allmost instantly escape from the destroyer droids when they are cutting through the door to get to the bridge of the trade federation ship at the begenning of the film.

Here is the scene in question, in slo-motion, so the " super speed blur" is easier to see.

Escape and super-speed is used starting at the 9 second mark.

http://youtu.be/MY4tXUtu9_I

lerath666
08-09-2013, 07:15 AM
This is an example of the use of slow-mo I'm refering to. the "normal people are in slowmo land.. while The super powerd being is moving at "normal speed".

In THIS case, Clark/superman represents our jedi, and how we would seethem moving on the screen.

http://youtu.be/LWwlTbtzfWY

This way, for the People in the scene, only a second passes... and the Hero is SUDDENLY there.

But becuase of the use of slow-mo, we weare able to percieve what the hero did as he percieved it.

dsokyra
08-09-2013, 07:26 AM
That scene in TPM was the beginning of my disappointment...I thought it looked super cheesy when they ran fast...it looked so fake...immediately took me out of the movie.

Mad Old Lu
08-09-2013, 07:31 AM
I think it should be slo-mo like the Six Million Dollar Man.

http://youtu.be/tP6TEEBVeYU

No other special effect can come close. :lecture

lerath666
08-09-2013, 07:37 AM
That scene in TPM was the beginning of my disappointment...I thought it looked super cheesy when they ran fast...it looked so fake...immediately took me out of the movie.

that's MOSTLY becuase it was done very poorly. same scene, slow down the droids, have obi-wan and Qui gon run out ant "normal speed" then start it back up. Cut to the bridge, the nemodians are trying to figure out where they went

officer: " what happened?"
Crewman " I do not know.. one second they were there, teh next... nothing, look!"
Show the viewscreen with a replay of security footage, one frame, they're fighting the droids, next frame, they're gone.

I think that would have worked much better.

SixthScaleEdward
08-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Stele's battle with Malgus in the Old Republic trailer had some good slo-mo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caZU7rCE85A

Wah
08-09-2013, 12:14 PM
speaking of...they need to make a 1/6 satele and pf as well. awesome character

Invictus Sol
08-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Stele's battle with Malgus in the Old Republic trailer had some good slo-mo.
Not a fan. Thing with bullet time, too, is it makes the choreography progressively more boring the more often you watch the scene. I hope they don't use it in the sequels.

Travis Baumann
08-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Not a fan. Thing with bullet time, too, is it makes the choreography progressively more boring the more often you watch the scene. I hope they don't use it in the sequels.

Their use here is more akin to 300 than Matrix stuff with snapping of time-warp curves...

The biggest problem with the choreography in that video (albeit I did enjoy watching it) is the motion capture used for the characters is a bit stiff, especially in the torso area. Love the use of the force blasts and what not though.

I personally like the idea of it being more like Samurai, facing off, sizing up opponent, feeling out with the force then a quick exchange of sabers, some good use of force blasts, lightning etc. for fights between Jedi and Sith.

I do agree 100% that we need Satele in 1/6th though!

lerath666
08-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Not my knowlEdge, there was no motion capture used to make that video. Bloom studio dosnt use it........as far as I know.

jra81984
08-10-2013, 07:01 AM
I had concern with Man of Steel that it would rely heavily on "bullet time", and thankfully it didnt.

I loved the scenes where Faora was just running super speed around. It was done really well. I would prefer things to happen quickly rather than slowly.

I dont think they will change the filmmaking techniques to much with these stories. The movies will be part of a series after all.

Now I could see some of the spinoff movies using it though.

SixthScaleEdward
08-10-2013, 07:46 AM
That scene where Faora goes boom-zoom-boom with the marines was just epic! :rock

sithlord13
08-10-2013, 07:47 AM
smallville did superspeed well, but honestly ild rather they didnt use superspeed

RavenEye
08-10-2013, 02:19 PM
LEAKED IMAGE FROM Hot Toys' Annual Exhibition in Taiwan 2013! :P

http://www.imageshack.com/scaled/large/153/dlxh.jpg

VintijDroidGutzz
08-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Looks like the old SSC one. :lol

RavenEye
08-10-2013, 05:52 PM
lol! :lol :lol

Jango Fett 117
08-11-2013, 04:58 AM
If only it was real

SixthScaleEdward
08-11-2013, 05:19 AM
Looks like the old SSC one. :lol

:goodpost: :rotfl :lol

It was my very first 1:6 figure.

Centrocal
08-11-2013, 07:00 AM
When did he have a beard ? :confused:

VintijDroidGutzz
08-11-2013, 08:08 AM
I thought it was a 5 o'clock shadow.. :wink1:

RavenEye
08-11-2013, 11:29 AM
:rotfl :lol

DarthAlias
08-12-2013, 08:31 AM
:goodpost: :rotfl :lol

It was my very first 1:6 figure.

Mine too! Sold it and have the SDCC Vader version but that's what got me into 1:6!

jedibear
08-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Not a peep from HT and this thread keeps going and going.... lol

RavenEye
08-13-2013, 10:16 AM

http://www.imageshack.com/scaled/large/11/9x52.jpg

Khev
08-13-2013, 12:37 PM

Oh they've peeped. In fact they mentioned Anakin by name not more than one week ago:

Posted on OSR's facebook page by Mark:

10. I know you are an avid Star Wars fan, but your Star Wars line up are all delayed, Any reason why? Also After Luke Skywalker, What other characters are you planning to make? (ex: Han Solo, Princess Leia, Anakin Skywalker)

Yes Anakin Skywalker but it will also be a little delayed but it will definitely be a DX.

Cap'n Cook
08-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Hope it's this version...

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/The_Dark_Knight_photos/730a71d6edfb31fa33ec60abcef59737_zpsc23ae961.jpg

lerath666
08-13-2013, 01:48 PM
Was already confirmed to be Hayden, and a PT version a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOONG Time ago.

Cap'n Cook
08-13-2013, 02:26 PM
Indeed it was Captain Obvious.

OSCORP
08-13-2013, 02:34 PM
They could change their mind and throw in a Shaw sculpt and clothing. God, what a dream that would be. (otherwise pass)

Niltusk
08-13-2013, 03:00 PM
They could change their mind and throw in a Shaw sculpt and clothing. God, what a dream that would be. (otherwise pass)

I gotta agree and its not like I'm a PT hater, in fact I have more PT figs than OT, but I can't see alot of people wanting yet another Anakin fig. Maybe I'm wrong. :dunno

Bo Shrek
08-13-2013, 03:06 PM
I am not sure if I am 100% i on this figure, but I do think Anakin has a great looking face for sculpting.

abake
08-13-2013, 03:44 PM

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/The_Dark_Knight_photos/730a71d6edfb31fa33ec60abcef59737_zpsc23ae961.jpg

I know OT purists like that Force-Ghost Anakin, but somehow I doubt many would actually buy such a figure.

I remember how intensely disappointed I was when I saw ROTJ back in '83.
The Ewoks, Vaders reveal and then that pudgy old ghost...

I can look back on it now and understand what Lucas wanted to convey, but damn... way to destroy a fantastic Villain who had (in my mind) the possibility of becoming the ultimate anti-hero.

At any rate, give me Hayden Christensen over the pudgy old man with the vacuous benevolent smile any day.

OSCORP
08-13-2013, 03:48 PM
At any rate, give me Hayden Christensen over the pudgy old man with the vacuous benevolent smile any day.

You have lost any and all credibility.

:peace

abake
08-13-2013, 03:53 PM
You have lost any and all credibility.

:peace

Yeah, I know, people really like the old geezer. :dunno

Travis Baumann
08-13-2013, 04:18 PM
I gotta agree and its not like I'm a PT hater, in fact I have more PT figs than OT, but I can't see alot of people wanting yet another Anakin fig. Maybe I'm wrong. :dunno

I have not gotten any of the previous offerings (the face sculpts/paint jobs just look terrible in my opinion) so I am down for this one. As I put somewhere in the massive thread, I would love a good Anakin, especially from the last third of ROTS.

I keep rewatching the PT and it gets easier to ignore the frustrating/retarded parts as it goes. I really did like Qui Gon and Maul, Obi Wan, and Sidious/Palpatine from them. Anakin was super annoying in AOTC but towards the end of ROTS I started liking him more. His outfit is certainly cool.

I wish Hot Toys would do Dooku instead mind you (they could knock out Dooku and Saruman as a double pack and make SW and LOTR fans happy in one go!) or even Padme with both queen and Arena outfits but none the less, I am looking forward to Anakin... some day, not this year or probably next either.

Dracula
08-14-2013, 01:26 AM
I know OT purists like that Force-Ghost Anakin, but somehow I doubt many would actually buy such a figure.

That old force ghost doesn't exist to me anymore. One of the best changes made to the OT:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9_SVj-rHotk/TwNxgaZEgqI/AAAAAAAAACE/TR_Ppz_BiuI/s1600/AnakinSkywalkerghost.jpg

:yess:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hp97yAfP_hM/T3HWqMFo-sI/AAAAAAAAArs/ZfADstSp5JI/s400/willy-wonka-wilder-300x300.jpg

:monkey4

I think maybe it depends on how good it looks? I'm sure HT can make it look much more realistic and accurate than the old versions from Sideshow. So it would be worth the upgrade for those who have the old versions and it will definitely be worth a purchase for those like me who didn't buy the previous versions. :dunno

abake
08-14-2013, 07:32 AM
I have a customized Sideshow Anakin, and it looks really good IMHO (Darren's re-sculpt did wonders for the figure), but I really think HT can do a great job on this.

sithlord13
08-14-2013, 10:12 AM
I have Darren's and paulcarsonsbut still want a ht anakin.

Shaws ghost is too old with the pt timeline. A shame but I've made peace with that now.

C'mon hot toys.

Dracula
08-14-2013, 10:40 AM
I have a customized Sideshow Anakin, and it looks really good IMHO (Darren's re-sculpt did wonders for the figure), but I really think HT can do a great job on this.

I'd love to see it!

abake
08-14-2013, 10:47 AM
I'll look for pics.

abake
08-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Here's a couple of not-so-good pics.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/abake_2007/Star%20Wars/DSC01280.jpg (http://s152.photobucket.com/user/abake_2007/media/Star%20Wars/DSC01280.jpg.html)

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/abake_2007/Star%20Wars/DSC01283.jpg (http://s152.photobucket.com/user/abake_2007/media/Star%20Wars/DSC01283.jpg.html)

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/abake_2007/Star%20Wars/DSC01285.jpg (http://s152.photobucket.com/user/abake_2007/media/Star%20Wars/DSC01285.jpg.html)

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/abake_2007/Star%20Wars/DSC01290.jpg (http://s152.photobucket.com/user/abake_2007/media/Star%20Wars/DSC01290.jpg.html)

The HS is Darren Carnall's re-sculpt of the Sideshow one repainted by my friend Fabio.
All the clothing is Sideshow, except for the tabbards which I did myself with leather. The pants were sewn for a more "tailored" fit.

Dracula
08-14-2013, 12:18 PM
Looks great! :clap Thanks for sharing. Wish I had one like that, hopefully it won't be long until Hot Toys announces their version.

I looked up Darren's website and I found his modded Anakin headsculpts:

http://www.darrencarnall.com/#/anakin-paint/4571088866

http://www.darrencarnall.com/communities/1/004/011/263/261/images/4582081828.swf

http://www.darrencarnall.com/communities/1/004/011/263/261/images/4582081839.swf

That likeness is a huge improvement over the original. I wonder if he still makes those?

Cap'n Cook
08-14-2013, 02:02 PM
That's an amazing rework. :clap

abake
08-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Yeah, Darren did a great job on Anakin and Obi Wan.

TheBlytheOne
08-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Your Anakin resculpt is really great looking. I wish Hot Toys would release some rock solid info about this figure.

The Mike
08-14-2013, 04:36 PM
but I can't see alot of people wanting yet another Anakin fig. Maybe I'm wrong. :dunno

As posted before the previous figures weren't really up to par, especially the Anakins released by Sideshow both in their regular and Sith versions. Glam Rock Anakin isn't even on display anymore and other than the customs done, there hasn't been a good one. Love them or hate them good ol' Ani is the Yin to Vader's Yang of the Star Wars saga and I'd love to get a quality figure of him.

That being said I wouldn't be upset if they released a Han or Obi-Wan or even a Jedi Luke over him first. :lol

lerath666
08-15-2013, 12:12 PM
yup. your current options are the so-so sideshow offerings, ot the mediorcre medicom one.

people want a better manakin.

VintijDroidGutzz
08-15-2013, 06:48 PM
The Medicom Anakin's actually quite a nice figure from what I've seen.

abake
08-16-2013, 07:57 AM
Yeah, I haven't seen much negativity over that figure.
It's expensive, and I'm not too keen on the HS (I think Darren's is better), but otherwise, it looks like a great figure...

sithlord13
08-16-2013, 08:57 AM
I had a medicom one for about 10 mins. Very disappointed in hand. Hs is weak.

Dracula
08-16-2013, 09:49 AM
I couldn't find a Sideshow Anakin thread so I'm just gonna say it here since this is the main Anakin thread. I'm looking for one, preferably from Europe but I can do overseas.. so if anyone's selling let me know!

egel
08-16-2013, 02:19 PM
I couldn't find a Sideshow Anakin thread so I'm just gonna say it here since this is the main Anakin thread. I'm looking for one, preferably from Europe but I can do overseas.. so if anyone's selling let me know!

Unless you plan on customizing it heavily I wouldn't recommend it mate. Had both SS releases but I am glad I got them sold for cost.

sithlord13
08-16-2013, 02:24 PM
They're pretty cheap on eBay. But you need to budget for the customising.

Dracula
08-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Unless you plan on customizing it heavily I wouldn't recommend it mate. Had both SS releases but I am glad I got them sold for cost.

I was planning on doing some modifications to the clothes and use a custom headsculpt. Will look like this in the end:

http://www.darrencarnall.com/communities/1/004/011/263/261/images/4582081840.swf

http://www.darrencarnall.com/communities/1/004/011/263/261/images/4582081839.swf

lerath666
08-19-2013, 08:40 AM
Yeah, I haven't seen much negativity over that figure.
It's expensive, and I'm not too keen on the HS (I think Darren's is better), but otherwise, it looks like a great figure...

Didn't say it was bad, just that it's not great. It's good ( better than sideshow) but middle of the road.

Jango Fett 117
09-20-2013, 05:41 AM
Why oh why won't they release proto images I want to see them

kirklondon
09-20-2013, 06:35 AM
Because this figure is an urban legend!

scottyb
09-20-2013, 08:11 AM
:wink1:

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/scottyb10/photo2_zpsddeb15ab.jpg (http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/scottyb10/media/photo2_zpsddeb15ab.jpg.html)

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/scottyb10/photo4_zps98089255.jpg (http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/scottyb10/media/photo4_zps98089255.jpg.html)

Johnny Utah
09-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Lazy post. Who made this?

scottyb
09-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Lazy post. Who made this?

I commissioned it my friend.

scottyb
09-22-2013, 02:53 PM
I was hoping to get some discussion going on but it failed haha.

lerath666
09-22-2013, 06:41 PM
neet sculpt.. though the profile one kinda makes him look like Harrison ford... Weird.

SimFeliz
09-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Why oh why won't they release proto images I want to see them

It's Hot toys. I wouldn't expect anything less.

RavenEye
09-23-2013, 10:04 PM
neet sculpt.. though the profile one kinda makes him look like Harrison ford... Weird.

Don't get cocky? :lol

StarTrekFan
09-24-2013, 03:03 PM
In my opinion, Darren did a wonderful job on both Anakin and Obi wan. I think he even has a sith version paint of Anakin

pixletwin
09-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Darren's is nice. He made mine into a "force ghost" version.

CaptnRex
09-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Is it confirmed that Hot Toys are making this figure?

Jango Fett 117
09-25-2013, 03:15 AM

It has but it's been delayed for some punk *** iron man

lerath666
09-25-2013, 07:55 AM

yup, several times.

the WHEN is a different story.

We MIGHT see the proto and a preorder by SDCC 14

Johnny Utah
09-25-2013, 09:25 AM
New interview with Howard up at toy world. Part 1 is all Marvel and Iron Man. Part 2 up soon. Mark at OSR has the link.

RavenEye
09-25-2013, 11:00 PM
Part 1 Iron Man, Part 2... The Lone Ranger! :lol

Jango Fett 117
09-27-2013, 05:13 AM
Hot Toys just released a new Wolverine that we didn't ask for, they just keep on pushing Anakin back til he'll be forgotten :banghead

COMPACT
09-27-2013, 12:38 PM
Yesterday I talked with Mark of OSR and he confirmed Anakin is the next DX and possibly will see in the next Comic Con or before...
I cross my fingers!

RavenEye
09-27-2013, 02:18 PM
*crosses feet* :lol

omagro
09-27-2013, 06:19 PM
Yesterday I talked with Mark of OSR and he confirmed Anakin is the next DX and possibly will see in the next Comic Con or before...
I cross my fingers!

Next SDCC or NYCC ? if San Diego that means summer 2014 if New York spring 2014, more info please.

COMPACT
09-27-2013, 07:30 PM
SDCC 2014.....

OSCORP
09-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Will only buy if it comes with a Sebastian sculpt robes etc., and then sell the rest.

Khev
09-27-2013, 07:51 PM
I cross my fingers!

We'll possibly see him July of 2014 or before? Wow, I'm going to start holding by breath, he's practically here! :lol

Cap'n Cook
09-28-2013, 04:28 AM
Will only buy if it comes with a Sebastian sculpt robes etc., and then sell the rest.

Me too. :lol

Mazukou
09-28-2013, 05:03 AM
Aw..still no news for this? i was expecting at least an unpainted HS teaser by now:(

Jango Fett 117
09-28-2013, 10:32 AM
I will study the crap out of the protos when they come out :panic:

joda76
09-28-2013, 10:43 AM
I will study the crap out of the protos when they come out :panic:

This is getting ridiculous as far as the wait for even a teaser goes. :impatient:

VintijDroidGutzz
09-28-2013, 11:14 AM
The even more frustrating thing, is the time it's going to take to get my ANH Han from these guys! :slap :mad: :gah:

CaptnRex
09-28-2013, 08:29 PM
HT dont seem very committed to the greatest franchise of all time do they?

a-dev
09-28-2013, 08:44 PM
They're pretty committed to what they think is the greatest franchise of all time.

Haloid1177
09-28-2013, 09:27 PM
They're pretty committed to what they think is the greatest franchise of all time.

You mean Iron Man isn't?

Johnny Utah
09-29-2013, 05:15 AM
Star Wars is a license to print money. And they waste it.

amvmm
09-29-2013, 10:49 AM
I'm hoping to see the announcement before Christmas!!:impatient::impatient:

Niltusk
09-29-2013, 10:57 AM

Since theyre doing this under SSC its probably less profitable than the stuff they directly hold license for. Its still a path to make money, but I can definitely see why they would prioritize thier primary licenses.
If they could get the license held by Medi like the rumors that were circulating, I am sure they would push product at an obnoxious pace.

Invictus Sol
09-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Hmm, that's a good point. Probably a pretty thin margin compared to something they've licensed directly (especially since SSC is leasing the license themselves from Hasbro... so it's a cut of a cut of a cut).

The Chev
09-30-2013, 07:08 AM
Iron man sells like crazy in Asia from what I've heard. Star Wars sells too but Star Wars will always be there to make money. Who knows if Iron Man will be as popular ten years from now. HT is probably striking while iron is hot.

VintijDroidGutzz
09-30-2013, 08:26 AM
HT is probably striking while iron is hot.

Of course. :lol

It's like those vomit inducing boy bands teens love so much - they'll grow out of the phase once it has no further meaning for them.

Right now though - unless one has a tin fetish, sit back & enjoy the wait. :monkey1

lerath666
09-30-2013, 11:07 AM
The even more frustrating thing, is the time it's going to take to get my ANH Han from these guys! :slap :mad: :gah:

gonna laugh like mad when the han they do after anakin is ESB.

who needs an update MORE than ANH han.

Mad Old Lu
09-30-2013, 11:10 AM
gonna laugh like mad when the han they do after anakin is ESB.

who needs an update MORE than ANH han.

I'm still holding out the slimmest of hope that HT either misspoke or it was misinterpreted that it was ANH Han they were doing, but it will actually be Bespin Han. :pray:

VintijDroidGutzz
09-30-2013, 11:41 AM
Yeah, the Bespin version of Han is great too - sure, but I'm not interested in owning that personally.

They could continue with the ESB theme, but without any recent solid news to go on, it's anyone's guess at this stage.

Jango Fett 117
09-30-2013, 10:41 PM
I feel really sorry for you Han Solo fans because im just waiting for Anakin, I'd hate to see how long it will be till Han emerges

devilof76
10-01-2013, 03:04 AM
Never. :mad:

EVILFACE
10-01-2013, 03:26 AM

Apparently Iron Man is a better seller than Snooze Wars.

anwe
10-01-2013, 06:11 AM
Still there are tons of Star Wars products out there.

Now imagine if the prequels had actually been any good.

EVILFACE
10-01-2013, 06:12 AM
They were on par with the OT.

TheFiend
10-01-2013, 06:17 AM
Sure they were. :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

EVILFACE
10-01-2013, 06:48 AM
Growing up with something makes it better than it actually is. :lol

The Chev
10-01-2013, 06:49 AM
Of course. :lol

It's like those vomit inducing boy bands teens love so much - they'll grow out of the phase once it has no further meaning for them.

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/thefw.com/files/2013/08/rs_350x197-130508152017-NSYNC_2.gif

When did you grow out of your phase!?:wink1:

karamazov80
10-01-2013, 06:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/wLoZhyP.gif

Evilface so crazy.

anwe
10-01-2013, 07:25 AM

http://www.forumbilder.se/CFP2K/slap.jpg

EVILFACE
10-01-2013, 07:27 AM
http://medias.omgif.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Darth-Vader-goes-to-disneyland.gif

VintijDroidGutzz
10-01-2013, 07:32 AM
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/thefw.com/files/2013/08/rs_350x197-130508152017-NSYNC_2.gif

When did you grow out of your phase!?:wink1:

Funnily enough........ :lol

I actually saw NKOTB back in 1990 - free tickets. Somehow I got to the front & got a high 5 from Donny Wahlberg.

Awesome. :rotfl

VintijDroidGutzz
10-01-2013, 07:37 AM

http://www.gifcrap.com/g2data/albums/Celebrities/Nicolas%20Cage%20laughing%20like%20a%20mad%20man.g if

Dracula
10-01-2013, 08:10 AM
I also find the OT and PT to be equally good.

joda76
10-01-2013, 08:11 AM

There is truth to that. :lecture

Jango Fett 117
10-01-2013, 08:36 AM
All of Star Wars is Good but i must say the only reason why i watch the OT is for Darth Vader and Boba Fett the rest are just boring, I rather Anakin than Luke anyday

FLOSI
10-01-2013, 08:47 AM

You sound like Nam.

Dracula
10-01-2013, 08:48 AM
There is truth to that. :lecture

Definitely is. I wonder if I'll become an annoying and whiny hater (like the PT haters) of Episode 7. Will be interesting to see. You either die a true fan or see yourself become an annoying hater. :lol

EVILFACE
10-01-2013, 08:53 AM
You sound like Nam.

But better looking. :wave

FLOSI
10-01-2013, 09:11 AM
But better looking. :wave

That doesn't take much. :dunno

joda76
10-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Definitely is. I wonder if I'll become an annoying and whiny hater (like the PT haters) of Episode 7. Will be interesting to see. You either die a true fan or see yourself become an annoying hater. :lol

:lol how bout it

Batty
10-01-2013, 09:21 AM

GI Joe is a good example of that.

FLOSI
10-01-2013, 09:23 AM

:lecture:lecture:lecture

EVILFACE
10-01-2013, 03:28 PM

It is. Re-watching the toon is cringe-worthy.

OSCORP
10-01-2013, 07:12 PM

Always knew you were full of shyyt. Now you just came out of the closet.

RIDDICK
10-01-2013, 07:44 PM
the only reason why i watch the OT is for Darth Vader and Boba Fett the rest are just boring

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa225/Last_Samurai_foto/00003193.gif (http://s196.photobucket.com/user/Last_Samurai_foto/media/00003193.gif.html)

joda76
10-01-2013, 08:06 PM
That's a great gif reply

Sachiel
10-01-2013, 08:32 PM
I also find the OT and PT to be equally good.

Don't you mean equally bad? http://www.zuljinraynor.com/smaug.001.gif

Invictus Sol
10-01-2013, 08:52 PM

It is. Re-watching the toon is cringe-worthy.
Do you cringe when watching ANH or ESB? I'm guessing not, since they're still good movies, even if you also liked them as a kid. There's plenty of stuff I liked as a kid that I would never watch now or want a memento of. Sure nostalgia plays a part but it's not enough alone to make a bad movie good later in life. And comparing the prequels to the OT *shakes head*. There's not a single movie critic worth their salt that will agree that POS movies like TPM or AOTC can hold a candle to SW and ESB (and even with clunky dialog, there is undeniable chemistry between the main cast that there simply isn't in the prequels... that alone makes them more fun to watch). ROTJ has some prequel elements but it's at least 50% good. Damn you, Evilface! :mad:

Jango Fett 117
10-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Im pretty sure Original Trilogy has nothing to do with a Revenge of the Sith Anakin Skywalker

anwe
10-01-2013, 11:55 PM
I wish that could be the case but unfortunately they will allways be connected in that they turned a badass evil character into Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christensen.

http://www.forumbilder.se/CFP5G/sideshowfreaks.jpg

Is it certain that it will be Revenge of the Sith Anakin only? Would a Jake/Hayden double be possible to capture the combined greatness of the PT in one package?

Londo Mollari
10-02-2013, 05:01 AM
Some information about HT's plans for Anakin and future Star Wars releases (Hooray for Google Translate :wink1:)

Toy man: Since 2011 published a Luke Skywalker, except for DX-Series will be launched mentioned Anakin (Anakin Skywalker) outside, there is no other news of the Star Wars series. And the new Star Wars trilogy is expected to launch in 2015, will launch Hot Toys Company will, upon release of the film trilogy and introduced old or new roles do?

Howard Chan: Current Hot Toys has accelerated the speed of production has almost ready, will announce the new year should work, the other Star Wars movies copyright may also have the opportunity to acquire, but is still not hundred percent sure. If Hot Toys can have the opportunity to get the copyright, there should be a great opportunity to reproduce the classical roles, I am also very much hope that you can quickly carry out this part, because there are a lot of roles I want them to do it. For example, Luke. Skywalker (Luke Skywalker) there are many other versions of the style I also want to launch; addition, if there appear old Star Wars Episode seventh edition of Luke. Skywalker, I will be very excited!
Source: http://www.toy-people.com/?p=22945

Personally, I'd love to see a X-Wing pilot Luke!

Invictus Sol
10-02-2013, 06:58 AM
Never was a fan of X-Wing Luke since the outfit is so specific to piloting, but the jumpsuit done by HT would look pretty spectacular. Still don't think I'd buy but it would be a really cool release. Sure hope their plans work out.

SixthScaleEdward
10-02-2013, 07:19 AM
That interview actually says that there will be a SW announcement very soon this year! :panic: :panic: :blissy

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1374365_10151741740963108_1706820701_n.jpg

Full interview here: http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134692

(c) Charles Lim

FLOSI
10-02-2013, 08:04 AM
"if the series is popular, why not?"... What a bunch of stupid dicks at Hot Toys. Keep making your stupid *** Iron Man figures, Howard.

Haloid1177
10-02-2013, 08:09 AM
"if the series is popular, why not?"... What a bunch of stupid dicks at Hot Toys. Keep making your stupid *** Iron Man figures, Howard.

I love how "a-s-s" is censored but "dicks" isn't.

Cingen
10-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Son of a *****. He's taking all my money! I hoped that the Anakin would be about a year away..

karamazov80
10-02-2013, 08:13 AM
Don't be so reserved Rich. How do you really feel?

Mad Old Lu
10-02-2013, 08:30 AM

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I nearly fell out of my chair reading that! :lol

FLOSI
10-02-2013, 08:42 AM
The wait has been just silly. They've made one announcement in the last year that has interested me. One. They used to be a cool company but now it's all flavor of the month lameness. I want more 1966 Batman kinda stuff and less Barney Ross 2.0. You know?

Boba Ben
10-02-2013, 08:52 AM
The worst part for me was the Metal Gear and Resident Evil statement. There are so many classic characters they could make from those franchises, but they went with Resident Evil 6 and MGS 4. Oh well.

a-dev
10-02-2013, 08:57 AM
That interview actually says that there will be a SW announcement very soon this year! :panic: :panic: :blissy

I'm thrown by the word 'very' in 'very soon'. Perhaps that means only 6 months from now as opposed to 12? Ignore the 'this year' bit. Batman Returns was 2012 apparently.

FLOSI
10-02-2013, 09:05 AM
The worst part for me was the Metal Gear and Resident Evil statement. There are so many classic characters they could make from those franchises, but they went with Resident Evil 6 and MGS 4. Oh well.

I've grown tired of their business practices. One or two releases from a film/franchise then POOF, it's gone... Better yet their super lame releases like the Mime Joker. If sales spur their figure choices then why would they release a version no one wanted of a character that can still be had a retail?? Then there's the version 2.0 blues. I wonder how all the people who bought the T2 T-800 DX felt when they showed off the BD T-800 DX the same week the previous version charged and shipped to them?

Now, I'm critical but I am a bit of a hypocrite. I ordered the '66 Batman and Robin and I will buy anything OT they release... Assuming they ever get off their asses and make anything more that is.

VintijDroidGutzz
10-02-2013, 09:06 AM
This is the trouble when one company seems to have the monopoly on most of the classic licenses - in addition to their figures being hugely popular.

It's times like now, when I'd love to see NECA doing 1/6 scale stuff. They'd more than provide a competitive & satisfactory alternative to HT in some cases. You won't get super [email protected]$$ tailoring etc, but with stuff like Batman Returns, 1966 Batman, Terminator, Dredd, Hellboy, Prometheus etc.. we'd have some nice options open to us.

Pixelpiper
10-02-2013, 09:12 AM
I thought it was pretty clear from every interview ever given, including this last one, that no amount of actual pre-production or prototype work has yet been done on any new SW character by Hot Toys. The ANH Han and PT Anakin are simply pipe dreams at this stage, and more likely than not, we won't see them from Hot Toys before sometime in 2015 - but very likely never.

Honestly, at this stage in the game, Sideshow would be insane to let Hot Toys produce another Star Wars character on their license. With SS's quality improving by leaps and bounds over the past few years, and the SW franchise about to come out of simmer-mode, it would simply be a bad idea to let anyone else steal your thunder.

I'm firmly in the "not going to happen" camp wrt Hot Toys Star Wars releases.

VintijDroidGutzz
10-02-2013, 09:14 AM
I'd more than welcome SSC stepping up the plate, if they continue to improve - & really, what company interested in longevity wouldn't be aiming for that.

It's a win / win for all concerned. :)

Boba Ben
10-02-2013, 09:16 AM
I've grown tired of their business practices. One or two releases from a film/franchise then POOF, it's gone... Better yet their super lame releases like the Mime Joker. If sales spur their figure choices then why would they release a version no one wanted of a character that can still be had a retail?? Then there's the version 2.0 blues. I wonder how all the people who bought the T2 T-800 DX felt when they showed off the BD T-800 DX the same week the previous version charged and shipped to them?

Now, I'm critical but I am a bit of a hypocrite. I ordered the '66 Batman and Robin and I will buy anything OT they release... Assuming they ever get off their asses and make anything more that is.

I'm a major Hot Toys hypocrite, Flosi. I own a ton of their products, so I really have no right to talk. However, I am getting tired of the constant remakes and Iron Man variants while properties I'm interested in like Prometheus get put on the back burner. Prices on the retail and secondary market are getting out of hand as well.

a-dev
10-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Its just very peculiar. He speaks with such enthusiasm about Star Wars and yet the HT line so far amounts to.....one figure.

Mad Old Lu
10-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Its just very peculiar. He speaks with such enthusiasm about Star Wars and yet the HT line so far amounts to.....one figure.

I had the same feeling when I read that.

Smudger9
10-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Well he did use the word "accelerate" which gives the impression that there will be some movement soon. Fingers crossed for an Anakin reveal soon, then onto the one everyone wants, HT Han.

VintijDroidGutzz
10-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Well he did use the word "accelerate" which gives the impression that there will be some movement soon.
In a 'Driving Miss Daisy' kind of way. :lol

Dracula
10-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Why can't they just make multiple SW figures simultaneously? At least one OT and one PT to please everyone.

a-dev
10-02-2013, 11:02 AM
In a 'Driving Miss Daisy' kind of way. :lol

:lecture:exactly::lol

Batty
10-02-2013, 01:42 PM
The wait has been just silly. They've made one announcement in the last year that has interested me. One. They used to be a cool company but now it's all flavor of the month lameness. I want more 1966 Batman kinda stuff and less Barney Ross 2.0. You know?

It really has been a huge letdown. It's funny how they get this major license and only do one thing with it.

Right now the only figures I have on pre-order are RoboCop and Batman and Robin.

Come to think of it... RoboCop and Batman and Robin would be a hell of a movie.

The Chev
10-02-2013, 01:50 PM
I'm wondering when they will announce it. Also, I guess that means that Anakin will be DX15.

Pixelpiper
10-02-2013, 02:05 PM
RoboCop and Batman and Robin would be a hell of a movie.

Sounds much more plausible than what was presented in Pacific Rim at least.

Johnny Utah
10-02-2013, 03:46 PM
I hope they announce it soon. Mad to see the sculpt, looking forward to the pic, you just know they'll do one of him with the hood up entering the Jedi temple to kill kids.

jedibear
10-02-2013, 04:13 PM
If it is a double figure offering like Bespin Luke was, it would be awesome to have both the AOTC and ROTS versions in the same set. Two distinct head portraits and all of the relevant accessories for both versions.
Sounds like too much to hope for maybe, but considering it will be the one time this character is produced in this line, it would be a helluva thing...and welcomed by this collector...

Wah
10-02-2013, 06:39 PM
honestly i'm just excited to hear they haven't forgotten about the sw license. hopefully we see some movement from them soon on this front as he states...but just the idea of something maybe coming soon is exciting enough for me. regarding the new sw trilogy, I think what he meant by that was its still up for grabs and its not ssc to have yet, so I took it as they're trying to get the license for the new trilogy. if that's the case that would be epic.

a-dev
10-02-2013, 06:52 PM
With such an expansive franchise, together with HT's production times these days.......good luck to y'all getting the figures you want. Glad I'm not invested in high-end Star Wars.

Pixelpiper
10-02-2013, 07:11 PM
I think what he meant by that was its still up for grabs and its not ssc to have yet, so I took it as they're trying to get the license for the new trilogy.

It was funnier when I read it from the Hot Toys guy. If he's not making it all up, he's stretching the truth at the very least. Of course it's possible that Disney/LFL hand out multiple licenses, but it's not "up for grabs" because Hasbro and Sideshow don't already have a lock on their own - they most certainly do.

Honestly, this thread might as well be about the color of Santa Claus' new socks. ;)

With such an expansive franchise, together with HT's production times these days.......good luck to y'all getting the figures you want.

Sideshow has enough Star Wars on tap to satisfy most collectors I think. The way HT's sculpts have been turning out lately, I wouldn't be in a hurry for a new SW character from them anyway. I also have zero interest in anything PT, a sentiment shared by other collectors and something Hot Toys had better be aware of, especially if they think something new is gong to outsell their DX07 effort.

abake
10-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Howard Chan seems to be on his way to become another McFarlane in terms of ego.
The line about not acquiring the Star Trek license because he doesn't like it was a bit rough...
Oh well, more money for customizers and less expenditure for me.

As for Anakin, I'm not holding my breath.

At any rate, if they ever make him, I think it's a safe bet to say it'll be ROTS "clean" Anakin and Mustafar duel "dirty" Vader.

Jango Fett 117
10-02-2013, 11:45 PM
I actually can't wait to see this that would just make my collection complete, and with SSC having their 501st Clone it will look so good together

toy_mechanic
10-03-2013, 12:36 AM
I actually can't wait to see this that would just make my collection complete, and with SSC having their 501st Clone it will look so good together

Yeah!! Same here.:impatient:

Darkarn009
10-03-2013, 01:44 AM
Well he did use the word "accelerate" which gives the impression that there will be some movement soon. Fingers crossed for an Anakin reveal soon, then onto the one everyone wants, HT Han.
Accelerating from a grinding halt still doesn't imply anything is happening fast...

RIDDICK
10-03-2013, 07:21 AM
Why can't they just make multiple SW figures simultaneously? At least one OT and one PT to please everyone.

Cuz licensing is such a pain in the *** :dunno
They can't do horse **** w/o Sideshow's permision.

Mad Old Lu
10-03-2013, 07:45 AM
I wonder what the deal is with the new trilogy. In the expanded Howard Chan interview, he seems to imply that HT will be doing the new trilogy:

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1377029_10151743058303108_1167328081_n.jpg

shockwave
10-03-2013, 11:35 AM
By the time this is released it will cost up to $400......:wink1:

:monkey1

a-dev
10-03-2013, 11:46 AM
By the time this is released it will cost up to $400......:wink1:

:monkey1

A valid point. Only the super-elite will be buying HT figures by the time they come out with their new trilogy stuff.

FLOSI
10-03-2013, 11:56 AM
A valid point. Only the super-elite will be buying HT figures by the time they come out with their new trilogy stuff.

They have a choice to make. At some point they will price out 95% of those who bought their products and made them what they are today. So what would the edition sizes on these be a year or two from now at $300-400 a pop? I bet that rise in unit price wouldn't cover the loss in units sold.

MoMo
10-03-2013, 12:22 PM
The impression I got from that interview is that maybe that they're getting the License that Medicom holds and thereby aren't limited to the License they have through SS so they can thereafter produce whatever they wanted.

Which also makes me think that it could be that SS limits what and who they can produce.

lerath666
10-03-2013, 12:28 PM

made to order, edition size 2. :lol

lerath666
10-03-2013, 12:31 PM
They have a choice to make. At some point they will price out 95% of those who bought their products and made them what they are today. So what would the edition sizes on these be a year or two from now at $300-400 a pop? I bet that rise in unit price wouldn't cover the loss in units sold.

Been saying that for a while now. they're going to price themselves out of the market.

The impression I got from that interview is that maybe that they're getting the License that Medicom holds and thereby aren't limited to the License they have through SS so they can thereafter produce whatever they wanted.

Which also makes me think that it could be that SS limits what and who they can produce.

This WAS CONFRMED by Howard chan AGES ago.

Hot toys is only allowed to make figuers that sideshow has already made, OR ones that are not currently in development that have not yet been made,
OR ones they have no intent of doing ( Jar Jar, some vehicles)

MoMo
10-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Been saying that for a while now. they're going to price themselves out of the market.

This WAS CONFRMED by Howard chan AGES ago.

Hot toys is only allowed to make figuers that sideshow has already made, OR ones that are not currently in development that have not yet been made,
OR ones they have no intent of doing ( Jar Jar, some vehicles)

Must've missed that edition of the Wall Street Journal.

karamazov80
10-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Only the super-elite will be buying HT figures by the time they come out with their new trilogy stuff.
Dang, I hope so. I'm so tired of having to interact with you plebeians.

RIDDICK
10-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Dang, I hope so. I'm so tired of having to interact with you plebeians.

Wel, sarcasm aside... you do realize that at least 70% of HT buyers are moneybags Asians and Asian retailers?
Cuz those are incredibly simple minded when it comes to this :lol

Pixelpiper
10-03-2013, 01:52 PM
They'll have to have gold and red editions of any Star Wars figures if they want to sell well in Hong Kong and China. ;)