PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys DX Anakin Skywalker (EP3)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Invictus Sol
07-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Same. I'm pretty sceptical that it can be done at all (w/real hair). A sculpted Chewy with joints would also look wrong to me.

TheFiend
07-07-2013, 10:47 AM
I dunno, I think the little Hasbro figure looks great. I guess I'd rather have sculpted Chewy than no chewy. Or maybe a 1/6 statue. He's a tough figure....

Buttmunch
07-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Is a furry Chewy possible? Of course. Are people willing to pay the price it would cost to produce? Probably not. He'd have a low ES and high price point. Each one would have to be hand inspected and trimmed and futzed. That wouldn't be time effective, and this not cheap at all. General Grievous is the first figure to delve into the unique figure realm, so how well he does will decided Chewy I think.

Rzeznikk
07-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Who knows how the HT/SS agreement works on the ST license, if there is one. Would be interesting to see HT pull off a mass produced "real hair" Chewbacca at 1:6 especially since SS is unable to deliver at 1:4.

Yes, this doesnt bode well for 1:6 Chewey at all.

And I agree with Buttmunch, a fully hair Chewey would be VERY expensive and time consuming, wether SS or HT wants to run a risk with that or not...I dunno, but I just know that I would prefer a fully haired Chewey versus the sculpted. Though if I ever did get a sculpted Chewey I really like this one:

http://www.mostwantedcollectibles.com/images/star_wars/KOTO_ChewbaccaVinylFigure.jpg

and this one

http://www.gentlegiantcollectors.com/ImageGuides2006/Final%20Version%20for%20the%20Web/Star%20Wars/SW_statChewie.jpg

And lets say worst case scenario they go sculpted, you can bet there will be talented artists out there will to do the full fur mode on them. Its just a matter of how much more collectors will pay to get their Chewey "furred".

sithlord13
07-07-2013, 12:33 PM
http://www.mostwantedcollectibles.com/images/star_wars/KOTO_ChewbaccaVinylFigure.jpg

thats nice; looks good

i agree that the technology probably exists but the cost per unit is prohibitive.

jedibear
07-07-2013, 02:10 PM
What's Chewie doing in here? Where's that DX Anakin, Hot Toys? :)

sithlord13
07-07-2013, 02:13 PM
What's Chewie doing in here? Where's that DX Anakin, Hot Toys? :)

I have to say I don't think have much hope of seeing him at
Sdcc.

jedibear
07-07-2013, 02:25 PM
....and that would be too bad.

I know a lot of folks in here are clamouring for HT to tackle Han next, but I'd really like to see an ROTS Anakin from them first. Especially now that we know there is an incredible lag-time between announcement, PO and shipment...

Could really be a nice set up...

Two heads...on regular, one "Sith Eyes", two outfits (like Luke, reg and BD), a "deluxe" stand with silver nameplate (council chamber floor piece), a regular stand with nameplate, and....to rival the antennae display piece the came with Luke, HT could present the floating platform from the final duel....loads of alternate hands,saber hilts, cloak, two-piece boots. Could be a really nice release.

Plus, that sullen style HT likes to feature on the faces of their head sculpts would work well with Anakin, along with the PERS for some intense espressions...

I'm keeping the fingers crossed a DX Anakin is somewhere on HT's schedule...

DCFett
07-07-2013, 02:34 PM
On topic: I bet Anakin is a no show this year, but would be pleasantly surprised to see it.

On Chewy: Depending on quality, I'd pay upwards of $500 to see it done right. Pull out all the stops and git r dun right.
Again, SS has no issues with releasing sub par likenesses, so I'd think that if it were them doing the fully flocked and furred version, I'd expect it to be off in some way. If it were fully articulated sculpt coming from SS, I would also expect it to be off in some way. However, I'm confident that they'd get it spot on in polystone, they'd just not get my cash for that sort of execution.

joda76
07-07-2013, 02:35 PM
....and that would be too bad.

I know a lot of folks in here are clamouring for HT to tackle Han next, but I'd really like to see an ROTS Anakin from them first. Especially now that we know there is an incredible lag-time between announcement, PO and shipment...

Could really be a nice set up...

Two heads...on regular, one "Sith Eyes", two outfits (like Luke, reg and BD), a "deluxe" stand with silver nameplate (council chamber floor piece), a regular stand with nameplate, and....to rival the antennae display piece the came with Luke, HT could present the floating platform from the final duel....loads of alternate hands,saber hilts, cloak, two-piece boots. Could be a really nice release.

Plus, that sullen style HT likes to feature on the faces of their head sculpts would work well with Anakin, along with the PERS for some intense espressions...

I'm keeping the fingers crossed a DX Anakin is somewhere on HT's schedule...

I feel the same way and looking forward to seeing if he gets done.

nexus
07-07-2013, 02:57 PM
On Anakin -- I'd definitely want the swap-out Jedi & Sith heads and a DX 2-body or two outfit option so that both versions could be displayed. I'm also hoping that this does not suffer the 2-year lag time as with Luke, but is more like the Avengers and showing up in 8-12 months from announcement.

On Han -- I'd also prefer the DX treatment -- Hoth and Bespin. Likeness has to be 100X better than Indy as well.

On Leia, Padme, Lando and other humans -- Throw some bones.

On Chewy -- Again it would just be interesting to see if they can pull off a real hair solution. If it ends up being fully sculpted with visible joints heck I'd think SS could do it. I'm more interested in seeing if HT could come up with an innovative fur solution AND get the likeness nailed. A few years ago who would have thought we'd be seeing the kind of quality sculpts and tailoring being produced these days. As far as the costs, HT hasn't been shy about charging $400+ for a figure -- i.e. Iron Monger.

Craig77
07-07-2013, 03:29 PM
If DX Anakin really is a No Show at SDCC than we know for sure the current line is dead until HOTTOYS can negotiate the Asian License or get their own somehow. I have no doubt that if the current situation between Sideshow and themselves was hunky dory, we would be seeing a lot more movement from this line.
Lets face it, if there is one license to have....its Star Wars !!!!!
I Think Sideshow quickly realized they might be shooting themselves in the foot allowing Hottoys to produce figures.

Niltusk
07-07-2013, 04:45 PM
If DX Anakin really is a No Show at SDCC than we know for sure the current line is dead until HOTTOYS can negotiate the Asian License or get their own somehow. I have no doubt that if the current situation between Sideshow and themselves was hunky dory, we would be seeing a lot more movement from this line.
Lets face it, if there is one license to have....its Star Wars !!!!!
I Think Sideshow quickly realized they might be shooting themselves in the foot allowing Hottoys to produce figures.

People think HT swarms the IM license, just wait if they come into something like Star Wars and can produce whatever they want. It would be a game changer. Just thinking about it about makes my head explode. :lol

VintijDroidGutzz
07-08-2013, 03:11 AM
People think HT swarms the IM license, just wait if they come into something like Star Wars and can produce whatever they want. It would be a game changer. Just thinking about it about makes my head explode. :lol
I'm readyyyyyyyyyyyyy. :yess:

:lol

nexus
07-08-2013, 07:40 AM
If HT was somehow able to secure the 1:6 license free and clear it would probably kick SS out of its overly gorged sloth. Star Wars and Star Trek (TV and reboot movies) are my two dream licenses for Hot Toys, provided they went deep into the character catalogs.
For SW--All the key humans from EPs I-VI plus whatever is headed down the pipe in VII-IX, as well as aliens like Twi'leks and EU characters like Mara Jade, Satele Shan and Quinlan Vos.
For ST -- Bridge crews and key aliens for TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY and ST2009/2013

sithlord13
07-08-2013, 09:14 AM
My concern is that the new films will dominate any releases and we ll still be waiting for leia in 3000 ad

Mad Old Lu
07-08-2013, 09:22 AM
:exactly: IF HT were to get a more exclusive manufacturing deal, I don't think we'll see much difference in how they're handling the license now. Between HT's naturally slow rate and the new movies (of which we'll only see maybe one or two a year), we'll only see OT figures maybe every 2 years or so.

lerath666
07-08-2013, 09:28 AM

I don't think they would be getting released any faster than they are now. Lucasfilm liscensing is notoriously **** about anything and everything. And beyond that, Howard Chan is an avowed Star Wars nut.

I'm CONVINCED that the reason that Luke took so long, and anakin is taking as long as he is, is becuase of all the behind the scenes tweaking that goes into those characters to deliver the level of quality we got on luke in the first place.

Beyond that, if you think you'll be seeing ANYTHING from hot toys that' not a major character as far as Star wars goes, you're going to likely find yourself mistaken, and dissapointed.

Black Label Society
07-08-2013, 10:27 AM
My concern is that the new films will dominate any releases and we ll still be waiting for leia in 3000 ad

well luckily, those figures wont hit until 2016. the movie is slated for a may 2015 release, so id expect to see figures starting 2016. so we have 2.5 years until we get into that. but i agree. it may not be pretty...

Uncanny Web-Slinger
07-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Now would be a PERFECT time for Anakin, With this up for order...

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/1002063_press05-001.jpg

People could buy two or more of these to flank Anakin for this scene...

http://www.level439932.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/AnakinWithClones.jpg

If i were Sideshow i'd be using my influence to get the to bring out Anakin as soon as possible in order to sell more 501st clones

sithlord13
07-08-2013, 01:17 PM

If i were Sideshow i'd be using my influence to get the to bring out Anakin as soon as possible in order to sell more 501st clones
Exactly what I want to do

:exactly:

TheFiend
07-08-2013, 05:23 PM
:exactly: IF HT were to get a more exclusive manufacturing deal, I don't think we'll see much difference in how they're handling the license now. Between HT's naturally slow rate and the new movies (of which we'll only see maybe one or two a year), we'll only see OT figures maybe every 2 years or so.

Every time I think of this it make me sad. :(

RavenEye
07-08-2013, 06:42 PM

Funny how sideshow misses that certain little detail on the 501st belt. Look closely, you'll see 2 half blue rectangles on the belt connectors.

Moonloop
07-17-2013, 09:09 AM
If there is anywhere Anakin DX is gonna be shown this year, it's at SDCC by Sideshow (since they are allowing HT to use the license).

Does anyone here think we'll see it tonight?

pixletwin
07-17-2013, 09:12 AM
My fingers are crossed we get some good reveals tonight.

ApeManRyan
07-17-2013, 09:17 AM
Pretty excited and hope to see this revealed soon. I'll be picking up a couple of the 501st clones and this would go perfect with them.

Darth Waller
07-17-2013, 09:17 AM
If not, there will be plenty of Iron Man to go around.

Khev
07-17-2013, 09:19 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/267231_522575911148730_1525496092_n.jpg

According to this no Anakin at SDCC. Hopefully that list is incomplete.

ApeManRyan
07-17-2013, 09:19 AM
If not, there will be plenty of Iron Man to go around.

No more Iron Man! More Star Wars! :pfft::gah:

Darth Waller
07-17-2013, 09:21 AM
No more Iron Man! More Star Wars! :pfft::gah:

Oh, I agree completely. I think HT doesn't take the SW license seriously.

ApeManRyan
07-17-2013, 09:25 AM

Definitely agree. I'm waiting for more Star Wars items. I don't have any Hot Toys in my collection but if they make this i'd definitely buy. I held out on the ESB Luke just because I'm waiting for a ROTJ Luke. That's the Luke I really want but will pick up the Hot Toys ESB Bespin Luke Down the road.

Mad Old Lu
07-17-2013, 09:29 AM
The Trayvon rioters will have to fight us for riot space if we don't get a SW HT figure preview! :computer:horse:cuss

King Darkness
07-17-2013, 09:32 AM

Really though, why should they? Its not their license, they are at the mercy of Sideshow when it comes to choices and they have to share profits. Not exactly the ideal business relationship :dunno

Darth Waller
07-17-2013, 09:36 AM
Really though, why should they? Its not their license, they are at the mercy of Sideshow when it comes to choices and they have to share profits. Not exactly the ideal business relationship :dunno

That's true. For all I know, it could be Sideshow shooting down any figures HT wants to make.

VintijDroidGutzz
07-17-2013, 09:41 AM
^ Exactly fellas.. exactly. :wink1:

It'd be great to see their Anakin - even if I'm not getting it.

Hopefully they'll show a teaser pic or something of ANH Han while they're at it. :rock

sithlord13
07-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Ht have already said its anakin next then han then another pt , right?

So ht where's my preorder already. :)

nexus
07-17-2013, 09:44 AM
Really though, why should they? Its not their license, they are at the mercy of Sideshow when it comes to choices and they have to share profits.

Didn't realize this. No wonder they trickle out when compared to HT Iron Man, Batman and Avengers. If HT had the full license or even the humans free and clear and did not have to share $, they'd probably release 5-6 a year as opposed to one every couple of years if lucky. Sucks.

FLOSI
07-17-2013, 10:18 AM

Solid point and I would agree 100% if not for the multiple releases we've seen from T2, which is a property that SS holds the licence to as well.

You dummy. :wave

Though I do think you're on to something... Why split profit with SS, a company that already profits from HT as their North American distributor, when they get a bigger chunk from Marvel or DC or whatever.

Darkarn009
07-17-2013, 10:20 AM
If there is a no show for anakin then there is defiantly something gone wrong with this ht star wars line.
I know they are busy with other lines but damn its been a long time...

Uncanny Web-Slinger
07-17-2013, 10:23 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/267231_522575911148730_1525496092_n.jpg

According to this no Anakin at SDCC. Hopefully that list is incomplete.

If thats all they have to show it's gonna be a sucky showing from Hot
toys

FLOSI
07-17-2013, 10:25 AM
If thats all they have to show it's gonna be a sucky showing from Hot
toys

The '66 Batman stuff is the main attraction this year for HT I guess.

pixletwin
07-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Batman & Robin > E3 Anakin. So if he is a no show, I guess I'll be disappointed but I wouldn't say HT's showing sucked.

FLOSI
07-17-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm hoping they just drop Anakin and do Han instead. Make it so, Hot Toys.... You f'n pricks. :lecture

Kuat of Kuat
07-17-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm hoping they just drop Anakin and do Han instead. Make it so, Hot Toys.... You f'n pricks. :lecture

I can do without any of that Prequel nonsense. :monkey3

VintijDroidGutzz
07-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Ditto here.. :lol

King Kobra
07-17-2013, 11:41 AM
If Han looks anything like Indiana Jones.....:monkey4
But knowing Hot Toys, it won't.

FLOSI
07-17-2013, 11:51 AM
I'd take a Han that looks like their Indy just for the well tailored clothes.

Smudger9
07-17-2013, 03:19 PM
So, no sign of any HT Star Wars at the HT or SS booths. I think we can start arranging the funeral for this line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spindrift
07-17-2013, 03:22 PM

Perfectly said.......................:exactly:

Uncanny Web-Slinger
07-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Its all Iron Man with the exception of Tonto and the 60s Bats

Moonloop
07-17-2013, 03:23 PM
So, no sign of any HT Star Wars at the HT or SS booths. I think we can start arranging the funeral for this line.

Based on legit reports or on leaked images so far?

I don't think we have seen everything yet, the doors haven't opened. Plus Sideshow may display it with their Star Wars line instead of with HT stuff....and maybe no one has snuck an image of Sideshow's Star Wars tables yet?

lerath666
07-17-2013, 03:37 PM
It might not even show up this year. If its not iron man, it's slow.

Moonloop
07-17-2013, 03:45 PM
It might not even show up this year. If its not iron man, it's slow.

:'( Yeah, it would be disappointing. Maybe it won't ever come out or they'll just do a standard online reveal sometime later in the year.

Darkarn009
07-17-2013, 07:03 PM
And i sincerely hope your wrong :lecture

Mad Old Lu
07-17-2013, 07:06 PM
And i sincerely hope your wrong :lecture

Really? I never would have guessed from your avatar!

:wink1: :peace

Darkarn009
07-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Really? I never would have guessed from your avatar!

:wink1: :peace
Honestly I'd love to see both revealed but i know that's asking too much...

kl241
07-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Hot Toys is too busy making Iron Mans and figures from that blockbuster disaster called The Lone Ranger.

Darkarn009
07-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Hot Toys is too busy making Iron Mans and figures from that blockbuster disaster called The Lone Ranger.

Well anything with depp in it is a must for HT....

Darkseed
07-17-2013, 08:41 PM
Its all Iron Man with the exception of Tonto and the 60s Bats

Disappointed but hopeful he will be at Ani Con

devilof76
07-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Solid point and I would agree 100% if not for the multiple releases we've seen from T2, which is a property that SS holds the licence to as well.

Though I do think you're on to something... Why split profit with SS, a company that already profits from HT as their North American distributor, when they get a bigger chunk from Marvel or DC or whatever.

But I thought it was their dream to make Star Wars figures. :dunno

Darkarn009
07-18-2013, 12:08 AM
any chance they might spring this on us?

Enthus
07-18-2013, 12:11 AM
any chance they might spring this on us?

Ani-Com is starting in a week, so maybe there.

OSCORP
07-18-2013, 12:11 AM
There would be more of an outcry if it was Han rather than Anakin. And since not a lot of people care for Ani, i can see why HT is in no rush. But i'm sure it'll look great, and may even sway some OT purists to splurge (not i) on it.

sithlord13
07-18-2013, 12:28 AM
I want a decent sith anakin sculpt. I have a Paul Carson custom that dorgs painted for me but anakin is vader. Therefore need another.

I'm addicted to both vader and boba.

Sachiel
07-18-2013, 12:33 AM
There would be more of an outcry if it was Han rather than Anakin. And since not a lot of people care for Ani, i can see why HT is in no rush. But i'm sure it'll look great, and may even sway some OT purists to splurge (not i) on it.

But Han is supposed to come after Anakin so we're waiting even longer then.

Darkarn009
07-18-2013, 12:50 AM
I sent an email to hot toys asking if they would give some indication to if this line is still active or retired.
I also suggested they slow down the iron man regurgitation.

Probably a waste of time but still, needed to be said.

sithlord13
07-18-2013, 12:54 AM
I sent an email to hot toys asking if they would give some indication to if this line is still active or retired.
I also suggested they slow down the iron man regurgitation.

Probably a waste of time but still, needed to be said.

Good, you're not wrong.

OSCORP
07-18-2013, 01:52 AM
But Han is supposed to come after Anakin so we're waiting even longer then.

My point was that IF Han was next in line you'd hear more complaining.

Glennfett
07-18-2013, 01:59 AM
I might be naive but....still 4 days to go right...there is hope.

King Darkness
07-18-2013, 03:02 AM

Solid point and I would agree 100% if not for the fact Sideshow isn't doing their own line of 1/6 T2 figures to compete with HT releases.

kirklondon
07-18-2013, 05:21 AM
HT is one and done on SW.

VintijDroidGutzz
07-18-2013, 05:40 AM
^ :lol

They'll do more..

lerath666
07-18-2013, 07:39 AM
HT will continue SW... at their own pace. Patience.

abake
07-18-2013, 08:04 AM
Very disappointed not to see Anakin.
Damn.

TheFiend
07-18-2013, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I'm not really understanding why people think HT is done with SW.

We all know how they work. Things take a long time. Besides ,Star Wars isn't going anywhere. Its a tried and true brand that will sell whenever they get around to it.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

VintijDroidGutzz
07-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Yeah, I'm not really understanding why people think HT is done with SW.

We all know how they work. Things take a long time. Besides ,Star Wars isn't going anywhere. Its a tried and true brand that will sell whenever they get around to it.

Well said. :hi5:

Mad Old Lu
07-18-2013, 09:29 AM
It's been two years since Bespin Luke was shown at SDCC, hasn't it?

That's a mighty long time...

I was actually hoping they were just hiding him last night and he would pop up in the Grievous display today. :(

But there's still hope he might turn up at the Ani-con.

VintijDroidGutzz
07-18-2013, 09:37 AM
They're eyeball deep in Iron Man - let alone other licenses as well. :lol

They're in no rush.. :huh

Mad Old Lu
07-18-2013, 09:43 AM
...Not that I'm actually getting Anakin. But Anakin in one step closer to a HT Han, which is what I'm really after!

VintijDroidGutzz
07-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Yes. :D

You & me both buddy. :pray:

fingolfin11
07-18-2013, 10:44 AM
No Anakin and no Obi wan from EP III in Comic Con, I am very sad..

shockwave
07-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Yup what a disappointment. Everytime I see an update for this thread...nothing to report....:dunno

Moonloop
07-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Could anyone at the show please ask a Sideshow rep or Hot Toys rep if Anakin is still in the pipeline to be made?

Matt S
07-18-2013, 12:34 PM
HT will continue SW... at their own pace. Patience.

I want to have an Iron Man pace quality to the SW line, myself

Wah
07-18-2013, 01:03 PM
yeah was hoping to be pleasantly surprised with a proto at sdcc. oh well, what can u do.

Moonloop
07-20-2013, 07:58 PM
So since this isn't at SDCC, do most of you think it's still coming? Would you expect us to see a reveal before the end of 2013?

SixthScaleEdward
07-20-2013, 11:33 PM
I would've thrown $600 at HT if they showed EP3 Anakin and Obi-wan w/ Mustafar dio at SDCC.

Guess they missed the boat. :(

SwedishHeat
07-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Funny that everybody's waiting for Ani-Com reveals, when the same thing happened last year, and all we got were a bunch of placards announcing figures that we still haven't seen yet.

But we did get that Joker 2.0!!! :joy

sithlord13
07-21-2013, 01:37 AM
as ive said i have a very nice custom so although i really want a ht quality anakin my wallet is glad it isnt here yet but jeez if we wait this long for anakin hans going be like? 2016? the one after 2018? 2019?
i retire in 2033.
although i see iron man2 whiplash previewed and iron man 2 was 3 years ago!
and still no pepper figure etc so even the caash cow isnt milked properly

SixthScaleEdward
07-21-2013, 03:16 AM
The only good thing that can come out of this lag time is that I can call myself a SW HT Completist

LOL..

sithlord13
07-21-2013, 03:43 AM
The only good thing that can come out of this lag time is that I can call myself a SW HT Completist

LOL..

Funny and true.

Prime Clone
07-21-2013, 04:33 AM
Funny, with Sideshow upping their game I'm not so amped for the next HT release anymore. Would it be going too far to say the SSC Hoth Luke sculpt beats HT's Bespin Luke?

Invictus Sol
07-21-2013, 07:42 AM
I'd have to have them in hand before I'd go that far but Trevor's one of the best sculptors around, so it'll be on par with HT, I'm sure. That said, he's done other awesome Han/Luke sculpts for SSC (Stormtrooper outfits) but been undone by the production paint apps. Hopefully they've got something in place to fix that for this release.

Regardless, don't care how good the release is, I still want HT doing SW stuff. They're the best in the business, bar none. One epic showing of a couple prototypes by SSC doesn't change that.

Dracula
07-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Funny, with Sideshow upping their game I'm not so amped for the next HT release anymore. Would it be going too far to say the SSC Hoth Luke sculpt beats HT's Bespin Luke?

Nope, it's true. The HT Luke likeness sucks. Not one single guest or family member that have seen my collection thought it looked like him while the other figures were great in their opinions. I don't disagree. Someone even said it looks "bad". :( That Sideshow Luke is miles better, but not perfect.

nexus
07-21-2013, 09:11 AM

I think there's definitely room for SS to take this line to the next level. HT has been dragging its butt on all other licenses and focusing primarily on Iron Man, Batman and Avengers (and that shows no signs of slowing with MoS, Thor 2, Cap 2, Superman/Batman, Avengers AOU and Justice League all in the pipeline). SS's prices have been steadily increasing and surely if they invest in better sculpts and QC in the paint app and tailoring dept., they are going to quell the demand for HT figs, Anakin and maybe Han could well be the last of them. Sideshow realizes that collectors will pay $200 for quality SW figures, which is a far cry from the $60 they were going for when the line first came out (and the quality reflected it). So it would be smart for them to start blowing the line out. Hopefully the new female body they developed for G.I. Joe will mean more females like Hoth Leia, Mara Jade, Padme, Talon, Aurra, Shaak Ti, etc.

sithlord13
07-21-2013, 10:30 AM
About that body? Does anyone know if Ssc have shown it "naked" yet?

onethousandmasks
07-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Hot Toys is so overated. I hope they neve make another SW figure ever again.:nana:

Centurion
07-21-2013, 04:02 PM

The gap in quality is certainly getting close, but that's better for us. :yess:

Craig77
07-21-2013, 04:20 PM
I'm hoping we see something at celebration in Europe....:impatient:

rushmore223
07-21-2013, 04:57 PM
I wouldnt get to worked up yet, the prototype is usually a far cry from the actual piece we get in our hands.

If SS can nail down the production paint issues, than that may be a game changer. but until then, I think HT still has them beat.

Prime Clone
07-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Nope, it's true. The HT Luke likeness sucks. Not one single guest or family member that have seen my collection thought it looked like him while the other figures were great in their opinions. I don't disagree. Someone even said it looks "bad". :( That Sideshow Luke is miles better, but not perfect.

Sideshow's Indy is arguably better than HT's too!

Rzeznikk
07-22-2013, 09:45 AM
I think there's definitely room for SS to take this line to the next level. HT has been dragging its butt on all other licenses and focusing primarily on Iron Man, Batman and Avengers (and that shows no signs of slowing with MoS, Thor 2, Cap 2, Superman/Batman, Avengers AOU and Justice League all in the pipeline). SS's prices have been steadily increasing and surely if they invest in better sculpts and QC in the paint app and tailoring dept., they are going to quell the demand for HT figs, Anakin and maybe Han could well be the last of them. Sideshow realizes that collectors will pay $200 for quality SW figures, which is a far cry from the $60 they were going for when the line first came out (and the quality reflected it). So it would be smart for them to start blowing the line out. Hopefully the new female body they developed for G.I. Joe will mean more females like Hoth Leia, Mara Jade, Padme, Talon, Aurra, Shaak Ti, etc.

I have a love/hate relationship with HT and I would love to see another company pull up their britches and give a decent/same level quality product and rival HT. HT has been running with this "title" for too long its gone to their heads with the prices getting outrageously over priced and QC problems popping up everywhere. If SS can start pushing out HT quality at the same price or lower then Im all for it. HT needs to check themselves, they are getting a bit out of control imo.

EDIT: Also, I think the Hoth Luke and Han look great from what I see too, will be interesting to see what the final product ends up being. Likes someone else mentioned, if they can nail that factory paint, I think SS is definitely closing the gap with HT though. It gives me hope for a good quality Chewbacca from them.

RIDDICK
07-22-2013, 11:45 AM
I would've thrown $600 at HT if they showed EP3 Anakin and Obi-wan w/ Mustafar dio at SDCC.

Amen to that. And sad-face.

Dracula
07-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Sideshow's Indy is arguably better than HT's too!

Not sure which one you're talking about, but the Hoth Han recently announced by Sideshow blows the HT Indy out of the water.

Glennfett
07-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Maybe a reveal in Essen this weekend for Cel Europe?

Moonloop
07-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Maybe a reveal in Essen this weekend for Cel Europe?

That's what I was thinking. Did Sideshow show the Hot Toys Luke at Celebration in the past?

Prime Clone
07-23-2013, 04:27 PM
Not sure which one you're talking about, but the Hoth Han recently announced by Sideshow blows the HT Indy out of the water.

I meant Sideshow's Raiders of the Lost of Ark Indiana Jones beats HT's version.

And agreed on the Hoth Han!

Craig77
07-23-2013, 04:33 PM
That's what I was thinking. Did Sideshow show the Hot Toys Luke at Celebration in the past?

Yes...really hoping we something soon of any dx Star Wars but I really suspect ssc has put a hamper on their efforts.

automaton
07-23-2013, 05:04 PM

can't compare a prototype to a production piece.

devilof76
07-23-2013, 05:12 PM
DX Indy proto looked just like the production figure. Prototype to prototype, Hoth Han is the undeniable victor.

automaton
07-23-2013, 05:45 PM
DX Indy proto looked just like the production figure. Prototype to prototype, Hoth Han is the undeniable victor.

yeah, but that was Hot Toys...

Moonloop
07-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Yes...really hoping we something soon of any dx Star Wars but I really suspect ssc has put a hamper on their efforts.

Great! I'll keep an eye out for images from Celebration then. Also, Anicom is this weekend so there is also a slim chance they may show Anakin there.

devilof76
07-23-2013, 08:04 PM
yeah, but that was Hot Toys...

The TPM Obi-wan they showed at SDCC last year did not look as good as the one that shipped.

automaton
07-24-2013, 02:41 AM
the one that shipped looked good?

lerath666
07-24-2013, 08:01 AM
Yup./ the one that shipped Looked great.

Once you've got him in hand you can even see the subtle Skin texturing on the head.

He's odd in that he does NOT photograph well, but looks pretty damn good in person.

SixthScaleEdward
07-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Iron Man: 5

Star Wars: 0

pixletwin
07-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Iron Man: 5

Star Wars: 0

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/customavatars/avatar17816_52.gif

Khev
07-25-2013, 07:36 AM
Looks like no Anakin at Anicom. Until next year then. :lol

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.561711547224173.1073741983.138228759572456&type=1

Mad Old Lu
07-25-2013, 07:41 AM
Wow. You gotta be kidding.

Didn't anyone harass the HT guys there at SDCC?

galactiboy
07-25-2013, 07:44 AM
Yep... thankfully they were able to rush out important figures like "The Lone Ranger"... so figures announced years ago will just have to wait their turn :lol

Darthrazz
07-25-2013, 07:45 AM
Looks like no Anakin at Anicom. Until next year then. :lol

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.561711547224173.1073741983.138228759572456&type=1

Are some of those custom Iron Man figures or new Hot Toys ones?

pixletwin
07-25-2013, 07:54 AM
This thread is hot, relevant, and not at all an embarrassment to the OP. :lecture

Khev
07-25-2013, 08:02 AM
Hey pixletwin, HT indicated that ANH Han and AOTC Padme are next after Anakin. Why don't you make threads for those too! :lol

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leqekdZpjv1qa69leo1_500.png

pixletwin
07-25-2013, 08:42 AM
http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/32686835.jpg

lerath666
07-25-2013, 10:03 AM
i'm gonna BET that HT is simply waiting for the new movie... then they'll release anakin..... after it's been out a year.

Khev
07-25-2013, 10:08 AM
http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/32686835.jpg

:lol :lol ;)

Darthrazz
07-25-2013, 10:30 AM
i'm gonna BET that HT is simply waiting for the new movie... then they'll release anakin..... after it's been out a year.

Judging by the SDCC teaser pics, Hot Toys has done dropped the ball on this!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i210/darthrazz/ani-padme2.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/user/darthrazz/media/ani-padme2.jpg.html)http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i210/darthrazz/anakin1.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/user/darthrazz/media/anakin1.jpg.html)

lerath666
07-25-2013, 10:39 AM
Do we know if those are production saomples or prototypes? Don't hot toys productes tend to look a smidge better with the actual release ones?

sithlord13
07-25-2013, 10:44 AM

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i210/darthrazz/ani-padme2.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/user/darthrazz/media/ani-padme2.jpg.html)http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i210/darthrazz/anakin1.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/user/darthrazz/media/anakin1.jpg.html)

Wtf!!!!

:monkey4

Wah
07-25-2013, 11:21 AM

all i need to know is where and how much stock can i buy in that company right now! HT, SSC, and all other 1/6 scale companies better be trembling in fear of whoever made these masterpieces. they're coming to take away you business folks.

Smudger9
07-25-2013, 03:56 PM
I think we can safely say that this line is dead. Looks like Bespin Luke will be my sole human figure. :-(

Darkarn009
07-25-2013, 04:21 PM
I hope they don't sell a single lone ranger figure...

Mr.Tanker
07-25-2013, 05:11 PM
I think we can safely say that this line is dead. Looks like Bespin Luke will be my sole human figure. :-(

I've said this before, but it most likely comes down to a practical business decision on the part of Hot Toys. Iron Man is hot right now. Very hot, and they are obviously making a ton of money from the license. The shrewd financial action is to capitalize on it as much as possible while the Marvel movies are popular.

Star Wars is a 36 year old property. People who would buy a Hot Toys Star Wars figure this year will still buy one next year. Hot Toys can't count on the same for Iron Man figures. Their packed production schedule can only handle so many figures throughout the year and they are obviously going to give a priority to the licences that are making them the most money, which are typically the ones that are the most current.

The Star Wars line most likely isn't dead, it's simply taken a back seat to the Marvel stuff.

I am certainly not happy about it, but I can't honestly blame them.

lerath666
07-25-2013, 06:16 PM
all i need to know is where and how much stock can i buy in that company right now! HT, SSC, and all other 1/6 scale companies better be trembling in fear of whoever made these masterpieces. they're coming to take away you business folks.

scroll up. it's the amicom hot toys proto.

DarthTrafford
07-25-2013, 08:12 PM

:lecture:exactly::goodpost:
I'm right there with you buddy!
:hi5:

VintijDroidGutzz
07-25-2013, 08:50 PM

:violin :violin :violin

..& then out of the blue they'll release the next figure.

..& then everything will be ok again.

Prime Clone
07-26-2013, 12:28 AM
I'm sure things will spark up when Episode VII comes out, and everyone has superhero fatigue.

Oh, and I'll be buying two each of the Lone Ranger figures!

Tee-Kay
07-26-2013, 05:06 AM
I'm afraid, comes Episode VII, that they'll go all out on the sequel characters much like they are doing now with Iron man while OT and PT characters will be haerder to come by.

Darthrazz
07-26-2013, 06:02 AM
I'm afraid, comes Episode VII, that they'll go all out on the sequel characters much like they are doing now with Iron man while OT and PT characters will be haerder to come by.

Agree, especially if there's an Iron Man in the new Star Wars, then we'll really be screwed. :lol

Cap'n Cook
07-27-2013, 06:09 AM
OMG just posted this in his Ani Com photo report thread:

anakin ...... :panic::panic::panic:

He's usually in the know so this could get interesting.

Gipetto0812
07-27-2013, 06:18 AM
Yea just saw that too. Hopefully it actually means something good and not "anakin...not at show :panic:" :lol

Darth Snoopy
07-27-2013, 06:36 AM
Yea just saw that too. Hopefully it actually means something good and not "anakin...not at show :panic:" :lol

:lol :rotfl:lol :lol

teemu
07-27-2013, 09:48 AM

that's too bad,because I am buying one and so are a bunch of others ;)

:lecture

Moonloop
07-27-2013, 10:28 AM

Yup, I hope we get some info then before Anicom is over. OMG sure does tease a lot, hopefully he's implying we will see Anakin this weekend.

Invictus Sol
07-27-2013, 12:01 PM
Would be a nice surprise to see the line's still active w/HT, that's for sure.

Smudger9
07-27-2013, 04:14 PM

Hmmmm. Still 3 days left at Ani Com. Maybe OMG has heard a few whispers. Fingers crossed that we'll have some pics by the morning. This figure could break my OT only rule.

Craig77
07-27-2013, 05:22 PM
I'm frothing at the mouth with anticipation.....:impatient::panic:
For the love of something let this be true, that they will give us a look at him!!!!!!

Darkarn009
07-28-2013, 12:52 AM
I'm frothing at the mouth with anticipation.....:impatient::panic:
For the love of something let this be true, that they will give us a look at him!!!!!!
fingers crossed bro

Dracula
07-28-2013, 12:55 AM
I haven't been able to sleep for hours in anticipation for this..

Darkarn009
07-28-2013, 01:05 AM
I haven't been able to sleep for hours in anticipation for this..
I hear ya... I'm not going to get my hopes up but it would be damn good to finally see some progress.

Cap'n Cook
07-28-2013, 02:13 AM
I am disappointed that the next HT SW figure will be Anakin as I detest PT, but happy for all you guys that are longing for him as HT will surely knock it out of the park.

Dracula
07-28-2013, 02:17 AM
Thank you for your kind comment.........

Cingen
07-28-2013, 02:36 AM
I really can't see why the PT is so hated to be honest, it just feels like people hating the newer stuff simply cause it's newer than the originals they grew up with, you see it with close to all franchises..

Cap'n Cook
07-28-2013, 02:48 AM
I really can't see why the PT is so hated to be honest, it just feels like people hating the newer stuff simply cause it's newer than the originals they grew up with, you see it with close to all franchises..

http://youtu.be/hUkCJDkG3fg

Dracula
07-28-2013, 02:50 AM

I don't mind people disliking Star Wars. Prequel haters, original trilogy haters.. all the same to me. But what I do mind is when they feel the need to utter their hate for it all the time. Like, ok we got it. It's been said a thousand times. I don't go to fans of a particular movie or franchise and say: "I hate this movie but I'm glad for you who like it". It's just arrogant. It's been about 10 years now and people still ***** and moan about them. :lol

Some complain about Anakin being a whiny little brat... the hypocrisy. :slap

Cap'n Cook
07-28-2013, 02:53 AM
If you're referring to me specifically then re-read my post. I was not inferring 'glad for you that like the film although it is clearly rubbish' in an arrogant way.

I was merely saying I am happy this is getting made as the demand is clearly there and pleased for fellow collectors waiting on it.

If you weren't referring to me then we're good.

Snakey Jones
07-28-2013, 03:29 AM
If you're referring to me specifically then re-read my post. I was not inferring 'glad for you that like the film although it is clearly rubbish' in an arrogant way.

I was merely saying I am happy this is getting made as the demand is clearly there and pleased for fellow collectors waiting on it.

Well, for what it's worth I think its great you're being reasonable about the figure even though you don't like the PT.

All to often you get people on this site with the mentality of "If I don't like it it's **** and if you like it you're ****".:dunno

Billy Ray
07-28-2013, 03:53 AM
Has it been stated specifically which Anakin? Watch it be TPM "Lil' Annie" :rotfl

Smudger9
07-28-2013, 04:29 AM
Has it been stated specifically which Anakin? Watch it be TPM "Lil' Annie" :rotfl

It'll be ROTS, since SS haven't done an AOTC Anakin yet.

Darkarn009
07-28-2013, 04:31 AM

Believe ht can only do stuff Sideshow have already done so its not ptm anakin. :)

Wanderer
07-28-2013, 04:42 AM

Mess with this guy at your peril :lecture:lol

Anyway yeah, they're detested by the majority as they are simply ****e films - the fact they're prequels to the OT make this fact even more glaring.

I'm happy if Dracula is happy he's getting a release of Anakin though ;p

Cap'n Cook
07-28-2013, 04:46 AM

Craig77
07-28-2013, 06:08 AM
OMG where are you....we need pics?????

jedibear
07-28-2013, 08:29 AM

Alright OMG...'fess up! Is Anakin on the slate for real or not?
Sure hope so....

Smudger9
07-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Alright OMG...'fess up! Is Anakin on the slate for real or not?
Sure hope so....

I agree. Looks like no new info today. 2 days of Ani Com left.....

Gree090
07-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Hope HT wouldn't mess up the head sculpt, though compared with Vancei's Anakin this one would definitely be a lame duck as HT can hardly reach the same quality in the near future. http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/7334/picture23my9.png

Dracula
07-28-2013, 03:48 PM
Where do I buy one? :panic:

pixletwin
07-28-2013, 03:50 PM
I never understood the praise that piece received by some. Sculpt is ok but yeeeesh. That hair is awful.

Dracula
07-28-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm not a big fan of rooted hair but the figure looks way better than the ones from sideshow, which I never bought.

I think Hot Toys can easily make a better one, the sculpted hair on their new Crow figure makes me confident in that.

melanarus
07-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Hope HT wouldn't mess up the head sculpt, though compared with Vancei's Anakin this one would definitely be a lame duck as HT can hardly reach the same quality in the near future. http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/7334/picture23my9.png

Here's more photos of the figure, that one posted is just a nice shot. I have no doubt Hot Toys can reach a higher quality.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/DeathJuN/vaderanakin02sq6.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/DeathJuN/anakin002.jpg

Craig77
07-28-2013, 04:10 PM
The facial sculpt is definitely dead on though....

Dracula
07-28-2013, 04:12 PM
The hair looks worse in those pictures.

ASTRO13ZOMBIE
07-28-2013, 04:19 PM
I never understood the praise that piece received by some. Sculpt is ok but yeeeesh. That hair is awful.

Looks like he's got dreadlocks.:lol

Bo Shrek
07-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Anakin has a face made for Hot Toys....,if done correctly!

nexus
07-28-2013, 06:07 PM
I have always liked the Vancie Anakin. It was the first 12" that totally blew me away at a time I wasn't in the hobby. I lost out on an opportunity to get one because it was way too expensive at the time. If HT matches or exceeds that quality I will be over the moon. While I know there might be some issue as to whether or not they can do versions that SS hasn't gotten to, the ultimate for me would be a DX with EP II and EP III options, with two bodies plus a bonus Sith HS. Would really like to have blue and green light-up sabers if possible. We'd probably be talking $400-$450 range, but there would probably be various single figure options available. I would definitely try to get a real hair customization done on it. Fingers are crossed that there's a secret reveal coming.

Dracula
07-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Exclusive: Chopped off Count Dooku headsculpt. :lol

karamazov80
07-28-2013, 06:14 PM
I really can't see why the PT is so hated to be honest

http://youtu.be/FxKtZmQgxrI?t=48s

Dracula
07-28-2013, 06:26 PM
Too much whining..

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrs97jJHzh1r3v6f2o1_400.gif

DarthTrafford
07-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Here's more photos of the figure, that one posted is just a nice shot. I have no doubt Hot Toys can reach a higher quality.

WOW
That is awful.
I'm hoping Hot Toys is 100% better than that.
Last time I looked Anakin didn't have dreadlocks.
I've seen this figure before and I didn't understand the praise then or now for it.
If some one paid for that,I'm sorry...I'm so very sorry.
Get your cash back!

RavenEye
07-28-2013, 10:01 PM

Hmm... um...
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c304/elvis1976/NEW%20work/IMG_1152_zpse8617fc1.jpg

Elvis wins! :monkey3:lol

Gipetto0812
07-28-2013, 10:29 PM
Hmm... um...
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c304/elvis1976/NEW%20work/IMG_1152_zpse8617fc1.jpg

Elvis wins! :monkey3:lol
:rotfl :rolleyes: :rotfl :rolleyes:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110308000034/batman/images/d/d9/The_Riddler_defeated.jpg#defeated%2520Riddler--It's

skyrunner80
07-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Vancei's Anakin has several versions. Officially, there are 4 versions and this picture shows the 1st one. After Vancei made the 1st version, he developed his piece again and again. I admit the 1st one's quality is a little bit deficient for these days. (Vancei made it in 2005, and actually it was phenomenal 8 years ago.) However, there is a wide defference between the 1st one and the others. Just like Joker DX and DX 2.0 by Hottoys.

I've seen many figures of Hottoys, Enterbay and etc, but Vancei's Ani has the incomparable beauty IMO. Especially, from the 2nd one. (The 2nd version has the least issue about its hair job, too.)

Dracula
07-28-2013, 11:47 PM
Vancei's Anakin has several versions. Officially, there are 4 versions and this picture shows the 1st one. After Vancei made the 1st version, he developed his piece again and again. I admit the 1st one's quality is a little bit deficient for these days. (Vancei made it in 2005, and actually it was phenomenal 8 years ago.) However, there is a wide defference between the 1st one and the others. Just like Joker DX and DX 2.0 by Hottoys.

I've seen many figures of Hottoys, Enterbay and etc, but Vancei's Ani has the incomparable beauty IMO. Especially, from the 2nd one. (The 2nd version has the least issue about its hair job, too.)

Interesting, I thought the hair looked different in all the pictures I had seen of it. Welcome to the forum, btw! :)

skyrunner80
07-29-2013, 12:04 AM
Interesting, I thought the hair looked different in all the pictures I had seen of it. Welcome to the forum, btw! :)

Vancei made Anakin for only Korean collectors, so the detailed information is not widely known. Thank for your welcome. :)

pixletwin
07-29-2013, 06:23 AM
Um yeeeeah. No offense to Elvis, but as much as I hate vanceis anakin, it is still better than the Billy Corgan as Anakin figure. That just looks like an awful cosplayer.

TheFiend
07-29-2013, 06:35 AM
Um yeeeeah. No offense to Elvis, but as much as I hate vanceis anakin, it is still better than the Billy Corgan as Anakin figure. That just looks like an awful cosplayer.

Yeah Im with you. Everything SW related Elvis has touched has been gold but I am just not feeling that Anakin.

Mad Old Lu
07-29-2013, 06:39 AM
Still nothing from OMG and Ani Com?

DarthTrafford
07-29-2013, 07:23 AM
Still nothing from OMG and Ani Com?

Maybe the Con swallowed him whole?
We haven't heard anything since his vague
Anakin....:panic:
Post.
Maybe he was pulling our legs.
Other people are there and didn't report any Anakin sightings.

Mad Old Lu
07-29-2013, 07:35 AM
Does Ani Con ever do any special reveals at the end? I know we're all hoping against all hope at this point.

And it's strange cos OMG is usually very reliable when it comes to these things!

galactiboy
07-29-2013, 07:36 AM
In fairness OMG comment could be taken as panic over there not being an Anakin figure :lecture

Mad Old Lu
07-29-2013, 07:38 AM
In fairness OMG comment could be taken as panic over there not being an Anakin figure :lecture

:lol True!

Way to work everyone up into a frenzy!

pixletwin
07-29-2013, 07:39 AM
My impression of OMG's post was that he didn't see him at Anicon but has shot photo's of him. We'll see eventually. :dunno

Gipetto0812
07-29-2013, 07:39 AM
That's what I said a few pages back

Bo Shrek
07-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Does OMG work for HT's? Because he follows the same pattern of not saying anything. I don't know Im just saying!! :huh

Khev
07-29-2013, 09:05 AM

Or maybe he just misspelled Anicom. :dunno

VintijDroidGutzz
07-29-2013, 09:10 AM

Something (not necessarily Anakin) will pop up out of the blue - & it doesn't really need to be via a con etc, either.

You watch. :lol

Smudger9
07-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Where has OMG gone? Ani-Com ends tonight. One last chance for an Anakin reveal. [crosses all fingers an toes].

Dracula
07-29-2013, 12:54 PM
They could still reveal him on facebook after Ani-Com ends.

jra81984
07-29-2013, 01:33 PM
I am in the Ani Com / Anakin typo camp

Dracula
07-29-2013, 02:15 PM

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Niltusk
07-29-2013, 02:46 PM
Too much whining..

Irony :slap

batfan08
07-29-2013, 10:17 PM
Didn't the last day of Ani-Com start like 3 hours ago? I wonder where "anakin :panic: :panic: :panic:" is?:lol

Darth Con
07-29-2013, 10:34 PM
I call shennanigans!

Smudger9
07-29-2013, 11:12 PM
I call shennanigans!

Me too. A totally uncool wind-up by OMG.

sithlord13
07-30-2013, 12:55 AM
Man. Ht blows. More and more iron man. The film sucked - we have like two seconds of cool armour and tony running around like batman.

Don't get me wrong ht ironman stuff is great as is most of what they make - hence my want for sw stuff.

Rots anakin in particular. It's the pt character I most want the to make.

With the improvements Ssc are making I'm sure a new padme for them would be great - baroness looks cool-

Rant over.

Now back to regularly sheducled foot stomping.

melanarus
07-30-2013, 02:15 AM
Me too. A totally uncool wind-up by OMG.

Seriously annoying leaving everyone hanging like he has. $#%@ing rude. :panic:

CaptnRex
07-30-2013, 02:53 AM
Come on Hot Toys, squeeze some more Star Wars in between the Iron Man figures, I like the IM figures but geez.......

Dracula
07-30-2013, 02:55 AM
Got a reply from OMG on facebook, he told me they were making Anakin because HT said they would (nothing new) but he didn't know when they'd announce him. At least he claims he doesn't know!

VintijDroidGutzz
07-30-2013, 03:41 AM
Great idea with your sig there Dracula! :duff

batfan08
07-30-2013, 03:50 AM
Man. Ht blows. More and more iron man. The film sucked - we have like two seconds of cool armour and tony running around like batman.

Don't get me wrong ht ironman stuff is great as is most of what they make - hence my want for sw stuff.

Rots anakin in particular. It's the pt character I most want the to make.

With the improvements Ssc are making I'm sure a new padme for them would be great - baroness looks cool-

Rant over.

Now back to regularly sheducled foot stomping.

No, not like Batman, like MacGyver. Batman wouldn't be caught dead in that mediocre film. Hell, at least Batman & Robin made me laugh. IM3 just left me feeling...nothing, which is one of the worst possible things a film can make you feel. If I want to watch a Shane Black/RDJ movie, I'd watch the far superior Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

With that being said, I'm a little disappointed that we didn't see this. I prefer the OT (and Batman to SW, on that note:lol), but anything other than Iron Man would be a nice break from all of the monotony. I know that we did see various items at Ani-Com/SDCC that weren't Iron Man, but, when you add up the amount of Marvel/IM stuff compared to the non-Marvel/IM stuff, there are some seriously ****ed up ratios. Star Wars would've been a nice change of pace, and, if it was anything like the DX07, a potential show stealer.

Dracula
07-30-2013, 04:05 AM
With that being said, I'm a little disappointed that we didn't see this. I prefer the OT (and Batman to SW, on that note:lol), but anything other than Iron Man would be a nice break from all of the monotony.

Get the hell off of our land, get the hell off of our land NOW! GET OUT!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9898eRKzz1qap5kb.gif

Joking. :wink1:

batfan08
07-30-2013, 04:08 AM
C'mon, what were you expecting? My name's not Solocup08.:lol

Dracula
07-30-2013, 04:16 AM
Great idea with your sig there Dracula! :duff

Thanks! :hi5:

C'mon, what were you expecting? My name's not Solocup08.:lol

VintijDroidGutzz
07-30-2013, 05:48 AM
Irony :slap

Both - are the life blood of these forums. :lecture

Dracula
07-30-2013, 05:59 AM
Please don't quote him. :lol

VintijDroidGutzz
07-30-2013, 06:00 AM
Quoting, is caring. :1-1:

Dracula
07-30-2013, 06:02 AM
Quoting, is caring. :1-1:

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

sithlord13
07-30-2013, 07:23 AM
No, not like Batman, like MacGyver. Batman wouldn't be caught dead in that mediocre film. Hell, at least Batman & Robin made me laugh. IM3 just left me feeling...nothing, which is one of the worst possible things a film can make you feel.

I don't disagree. I walked out feeling like wtf was that ?
I can't believe the reviews that claim 3 was better then 2 !!

2 had great set pieces and excellent armour action

3 had a crap armour show down and a completely bs ending !!

Hologram AI
07-30-2013, 08:02 AM
A pretty nice custom done of Anakin.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/28781_664533146908686_1947504149_n.jpg

lerath666
07-30-2013, 09:27 AM
it's ok at best.

sithlord13
07-30-2013, 10:32 AM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/28781_664533146908686_1947504149_n.jpg

Agreed. Nice.

Rorywan
07-30-2013, 01:30 PM

Looks amazing.:thud:

lerath666
07-30-2013, 07:57 PM
so.. there is an interview with howard chan posted in general.. about the future of hot toys....

In it he says pepper pots is incoming, so is another joker. they talk about the crow, and they they are dropping the 1/4th line... as well as they will do ALOT more iron man....

no mention whatsoever of star wars appearently, according to those who can read chinese...

so... perhaps it is dead.

Dracula
07-30-2013, 08:03 PM
So this is how the Star Wars line dies.. with thunderous Iron Man applause... :lol

:monkey2

epitaph04
07-30-2013, 08:06 PM
so.. there is an interview with howard chan posted in general.. about the future of hot toys....

In it he says pepper pots is incoming, so is another joker. they talk about the crow, and they they are dropping the 1/4th line... as well as they will do ALOT more iron man....

no mention whatsoever of star wars appearently, according to those who can read chinese...

so... perhaps it is dead.

Interesting...so are the Terminator Endo and TDKR Batman the only 1/4 scale figs they're doing?

jra81984
07-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Oh hooray another Joker and Iron Man

lerath666
07-30-2013, 09:57 PM
Interesting...so are the Terminator Endo and TDKR Batman the only 1/4 scale figs they're doing?

i don't read chinese.. but it SOUNDs like they're NOT doing any more 1/4th.

"Shelved" like the skeleton Jack and The 1/6th alien queen.

Dracula
07-30-2013, 09:59 PM
i don't read chinese.. but it SOUNDs like they're NOT doing any more 1/4th.

"Shelved" like the skeleton Jack and The 1/6th alien queen.

Reading through the thread it sounds like they're not doing any 1/4th scale Iron Man figures, not that they've ended the entire QS line.

DarthTrafford
07-30-2013, 11:11 PM
[QUOTE=Dracula;5931564]So this is how the Star Wars line dies.. with thunderous Iron Man applause... :lol

I see what you did there
http://youtu.be/cp069Y_P-9M

sithlord13
07-31-2013, 12:07 AM
Ref iron man, (i bought one and then sold it cause I needed to concentrate on less figures because of cost), how many people will buy lots more iron man movie figures?

The marks aren't always radically different and at 10$ a pop I could see people buying every variant but at 300$ a go?

I mean I don't want a 100 Lukes.

Back on topic. If hot toys really aren't pursuing the Star Wars line I'm sad. I don't want to wait 5 years for the next one but ht loss is Sscs gain.

The latest Ssc figures have been briliant so be it.

VintijDroidGutzz
07-31-2013, 01:06 AM
I'm disappointed that they don't seem to be alluding to any new SW info / pieces..

On the bright side though - SSC actually looks to be stepping up their game these days; new Luke & Han look excellent, new clone armour sculpts are nice too - plus their head sculpt detailing in general looks to really be improving.

I guess the time has come, for me to slow down with the SSC bashing - because they're doing some great work now! :lol

melanarus
07-31-2013, 05:47 AM
agree about Sideshow stepping up on their quality. I don't know how their figures went from being pretty awful to the showcase at SDCC 2013 where everything looked like it was catching up to Hot Toys pretty fast. Did they get new factories to produce better figures? Better artists to sculpt heads like Hoth Luke and Han (and the new Clone troops)?

How did they turn everything around so fast? Did they recently restructure their 12" figures staff? I'm very impressed.

Mad Old Lu
07-31-2013, 06:44 AM
I'll quote myself from the Han thread:

Commander Wolfe supposedly has the "new" kind of manufacturing for the head: eyes, face and hair all cast separate.

Jump to about 2 minutes in, where the Sideshow rep explains it:

http://youtu.be/0JvtFkl9ZaA

Here's a photo from Michael Crawford's site:

http://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2013/images/sdcc2013_sideshow_177.jpg

There's a bad photo in the Wolfe thread, but I think it's just a plain old bad photo and not really indicative of the figure. I'd take it with a grain of salt.

That figure is supposedly a factory sample, and I think it looks pretty good. I'm actually glad they are using Wolfe as a guinea pig for this new manufacturing technique with a clone to hopefully iron out an kinks in the process.

But that is closer to what we should expect from the Luke and Han figures.

TheFiend
07-31-2013, 09:57 AM
^ Yeah, that's what I was saying earlier. These factory paints have me hopeful. I wonder if anyone asked if Luke and Han were factory.

eczamurai
08-05-2013, 03:23 AM
Moronic choice for a character. Why buy the figure of a character that ruined Darth Vaders mystery by poor acting/story?

joda76
08-05-2013, 05:39 AM
Cause not everyone is the same and some may want that character on the shelf. 😀

EVILFACE
08-05-2013, 05:47 AM
Moronic choice for a character. Why buy the figure of a character that ruined Darth Vaders mystery by poor acting/story?

Cause not everyone has a PT Sheep Hate Boner.

Dracula
08-05-2013, 05:48 AM

You don't want one? That's ok. I'll buy two then. :nana:

pixletwin
08-05-2013, 05:54 AM
Cause not everyone has a PT Sheep Hate Boner.

:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

King Darkness
08-05-2013, 05:56 AM
What is this "Sheep Hate Boner" you speak of? Sounds hot.

Jango Fett 117
08-05-2013, 06:12 AM
Why the hell do they just bombard us with god damn Iron Man. Anakin was one my favourite characters, especially when he goes skitz on the sand people

EVILFACE
08-05-2013, 06:15 AM
What is this "Sheep Hate Boner" you speak of? Sounds hot.

It's shaped like a shiney gold iron mans doll.

VintijDroidGutzz
08-05-2013, 06:30 AM
:lol Yes.. all aboard the gravy train.

Their Anakin could be truly epic, & I bet they just spring him on fans right out of the blue too.. so all you cupcakes out there - dry your eyes! :lol

King Darkness
08-05-2013, 06:32 AM

That's not hot at all :monkey4

EVILFACE
08-05-2013, 06:42 AM
:lol Yes.. all aboard the gravy train.

Their Anakin could be truly epic, & I bet they just spring him on fans right out of the blue too.. so all you cupcakes out there - dry your eyes! :lol

I bet they are trying to figure out how to charge $600 for him.

That's not hot at all :monkey4

Hush.

King Darkness
08-05-2013, 06:47 AM
Hush.
Gosh....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nugRd9s8kf8/TeDoOHhEhMI/AAAAAAAAAyw/Q0hTHJDZVCA/s400/sad%2Bpuppy.jpg

VintijDroidGutzz
08-05-2013, 06:59 AM
^ :lol

I bet they are trying to figure out how to charge $600 for him.
Specially sculpted Hayden TT body
Three PERS heads & three sets of clothes (pre & during & post Mustafar battle)
Light up lightsaber
Metal arm / hand attachments
Burnt arm / leg stumps
Lava miner platform base
Jedi temple stairs base
Dooku's hands on a necklace

..all in a box that looks like the medical table.

$599. :lecture

SixthScaleEdward
08-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Sold! :lecture

:monkey3

EVILFACE
08-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Dooku's Hands, lulz. Sold.

VintijDroidGutzz
08-05-2013, 07:43 AM
I'd probably buy all that too.. :lol