Hit by a car

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Danger

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone else ever experience this? I was biking at night on a "quiet" street (for Toronto, I guess a few cars is quiet). A taxi hit me from behind and left me there. No permanent injuries but my brain slopped against my skull a bit so I've been stuck in bed for a few days with mind, temporary brain 'damage'.

Very weird feeling knowing you've been hit by a car, has it happened to you?

What do u mean your brain slopped against your skull?? Did you go to the doctor and get a ct scan??

I am glad your OK but I doubt you will find many people that were hit buy cars and lived to tell about it. That's crazy stuff. Definately go to doctor if you haven't already, prolly just a mild concussion but better to be safe.

All I hear on the news these days is hit-and-run drivers. No one ever stops anymore. What happened to the world while I was asleep? How can you hit someone and then speed off?

Yeah if you hit your head I would definitely go get yourself checked if you haven't already.

I've never been hit by a car, no.

I got hit once walking through the zebra crossing area in college by some dope who wasn't paying attention. No head issues, but injured my knee pretty badly. In hindsight, I should have probably pressed charges.

Do what Bodie said and sue the Taxi company.

Back in 1998 my mom was hit when she crossed a road, by a driver who wasn't paying attention when he turned. She had some bruises but luckily there wasn't anything severe.

It's called contrecoup, when you're brain sloshes around in your head. Your head gets hit so hard your skull bumps up against your brain. If you haven't gotten checked out, you need to do it now. If you taste anything sweet that's your cranial fluid. It means you skull is leaking.

I got hit by a Restaurant truck on my bike. I was going fast, he wasn't, cracked my bike frame and pretty much totalled. I went over the hood, bashed my face and tore up my hand pretty bad. Stripped tendons to pinkie and ring finger. Haven't gotten on a bike since. It's a wretched feeling

All I hear on the news these days is hit-and-run drivers. No one ever stops anymore. What happened to the world while I was asleep? How can you hit someone and then speed off?

Probably because, even if it wasn't your fault you're gonna get sued.

I did go to the hospital, twice actually. Second time was because the pain got worse. Not much I can do in the way of suing since there were no witnesses and I never got a plate number. Resting is all I can do, so I'm spending a lot of time in bed eating muffins and drinking Gatorade, haha.

Regarding a lawsuit I'm guessing the driver is an independent contractor for the taxi company, meaning he's not a employee. The taxi co then does not have to pay him benefits. This all means you cant sue the taxi co., but rather the driver himself.

Driver probably has a modest policy for maybe $50k. If im right the only thing you might be able to get the taxi company for is negligent selection of a contractor, meaning the driver has a long history of accidents and the taxi company knew it, but hired him anyway.

As far as liability, this all assumes your recitation of what happened is undisputed. The driver or another witness might have a completely different version of what happened.

Plus, wouldn't be surprised if there was some little odd wrinkle in Canadian law that added something to this. You did write this was in Toronto.

That driver sounds like a real baboon!

MR4M0lR.jpg

Never been hit by a car but in 7th-8th grade me and a friend were walking down the road and this guy drove so close that he actually ran over the side of my shoe, missing my foot.

We then flipped him off and he turned the car around and started chasing us. :lol

We hid behind a shed.

He was in his early 20s I believe. I live in a very small town so everyone kinda knows each other here. Apparently my friend had seen him before and knew who he was, or knew his nickname at least. "Juice". Tall scary-looking black dude with dreadlocks.

Yeah I got hit when I was 13 on a bike to. I just remember going flying up into the air. I was so lucky I was left just bruised. My bike was ruined though

Back