Good Value Wall Shelf for Premium Formats and Hot Toys??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camarox00

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is my first post here. I have been collecting a little under 6 months and don't have to many statues and hot toys at the moment.

I was curious if anyone has found a good source for decently priced wall shelves. I don't really have the surface space to add cabinets or anything else so I need to use the wall if I wanna find a decent place for these guys.

Any help from you all who've been doing this much longer and probably have found ways around running out of room would be awesome!

By the way I've been searching for a few weeks now and I'm almost at the point where I'm just going to go to homedepot by some brackets and wood and slap them up there..lol

I am a fan of floating shelves myself - their brackets are mounted to the wall and insert into the shelf cavity. There are plenty of options available too, different colours, thickness, surface finish etc.

I have a couple set up with a bottomless/backless clear acrylic box on each, I've always been happy with them:

06_zpsa5b50bc5.jpg

I am a fan of floating shelves myself - their brackets are mounted to the wall and insert into the shelf cavity. There are plenty of options available too, different colours, thickness, surface finish etc.

I have a couple set up with a bottomless/backless clear acrylic box on each, I've always been happy with them:

06_zpsa5b50bc5.jpg

Wow...I really like that setup and I am also interested if this is something I can get over the internet as my local stores shelves are all crap and expensive. Would also like to know where your getting the cases. Those are awesome!

Who makes this mate? Looks nice.
Is there a web site with more information?

Wow...I really like that setup and I am also interested if this is something I can get over the internet as my local stores shelves are all crap and expensive. Would also like to know where your getting the cases. Those are awesome!

Any details on this?

Thanks guys, and sorry for being tardy in replying. The shelves are floating shelves that can be bought from (I'd imagine) any good hardware store (I got mine from Bunnings). I've also seen them online (ebay etc). Check the load capacity - mine are ok for up to 15kg.

Bevel%20White%20Floating%20Shelf.jpg

The backless/bottomless clear acrylic boxes I had made to size at my local plastics store, from a 3mm sheet. They weren't cheap, around $100 - but if the shelf is properly installed so that it sits absolutely flush with the wall, then it keeps out almost all dust, and the acrylic is UV resistant.

I don't think I would ever trust a PF on a shelf.

If it weighs less than the shelf is capable of supporting, and the wall provides adequate structural support, then the problem is only psychological. The shelf is affixed by two screws into a steel bracket that is itself mounted via 6 screws to the wall. If just one of these screws is into a stud then the shelf won't be shifting :)

The only other consideration is properly securing the acrylic box (if there is one), so that if the shelf is bumped the box will remain in place.

Back