One book, different publishers, why?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

optimus

Super Freak
Reaction score
As the topic reads, how come one books is published by two, or more, publishers?

Take for example, Kick-@ss - Hit Girl (soon to be released).
Published by both Marvel and Titan Books and in this case the numbers of pages doesn't match.
What's up with that?

I have Kick-@ss 1 & 2 (Titan Books) and don't know if I should buy Marvel (more pages) or stick with Titan... :monkey1

Its all about money. The publisher isnt going to support it if it doesnt sell. The big publisher is only going to support big sellers. To a smaller publisher, they may consider a much smaller number to be a big seller in which Marvel may see that same number as a "cancel the title" number.

publishers usually have the rights to publish it in certain area's only, so often it's published by different companies in the US and in Europe.

unfortunately for them in this day and age, people can usually order stuff online and get the cheapest one from all around the world.

Haven't considered it to possibly be a regional thing. That makes a lot of sense! :)
So, although different publishers, there shouldn't be any "tampering" with the story itself... Right?
I'm kinda hung up on the fact that number of pages can differ quite a bit...

Back