The Walking Dead 1:6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Web_Head91

Super Freak
Reaction score
When are we going to get some 1:6 scale Walking Dead figures?! Aren't a lot of 1:6 collectors comic book readers as well? I can't help but thing there'd be a market for these, especially a Rick Grimes figure. I know there are some purists out there who absolutely detest the show, but the show is popular, isn't it? I'd love to see a Walking Dead line of maybe Rick, Shane, a Walker, and maybe the Governor.

I suppose I'm surprised nobody has done this yet. :dunno

It'll happen. Don't worry. It's massively popular and someone will capitalize on that. It's great for us long time fans of the comics who have been with it since the beginning. We've cried out for more WD mech for years, sure we got some cool stuff along the way but not what we really wanted like figures etc.

if sideshow want to continue "the dead" line, they better take this license

we need more zombies figures

if sideshow want to continue "the dead" line, they better take this license

we need more zombies figures

They don't need this license to continue the Dead. The only reason to pick up this license is to make the human characters. Sideshow can make any kind of zombie they want for free with the Dead. No need to license zombies unless they are going to make iconic ones like Bicycle Girl or the Well Walker.

Still no idea if its true (I really hope it is) but Sideshow would definitely be the most likely candidate for the license.

Still no idea if its true (I really hope it is) but Sideshow would definitely be the most likely candidate for the license.
--

Either Sideshow or dare I say . . . Shrunken Heads Studios. Granted, Dooley apparently is very busy and some of you are still waiting for "Nate" from Creepshow and more news/updates about "Fluffy" asides from what has been shared so far. Didn't Dooley state previously he's contemplating offering a line of zombie figures?

Unless The Walking Dead license for 1:6 figures was acquired by another existing or possibly new start up company asides from Sideshow & SHS.

If it is Sideshow . . . we'll be seeing 1:6 Walking Dead figures priced probably at $149.99 and up due to simple fact that it's a very prolific license with no guarantees of consistent quality let alone a reasonable price because the target audience and not catered specifically to 1:6 collectors who are fans of the show, but a more overall general audience who would not necessarily show <CENSORED> about 1:6 figures.

I'm shocked no company has picked up a license to make 1/6 scale Walking Dead figures. I'm even more shocked there aren't any unlicensed 1/6 scale Walking Dead figures.

I'm shocked no company has picked up a license to make 1/6 scale Walking Dead figures. I'm even more shocked there aren't any unlicensed 1/6 scale Walking Dead figures.
--

Given the immense popularity of the television series, I wonder IF an unlicensed bootleg offering showed up . . . would it be nixed almost as soon as it appeared (i.e. cease & desist).

I apparently missed some of the drama when some customizers who posted and may have been undertaking a group sculpting & casting "Dexter" project got hit with cease & desist notices from Triad Toys and/or the license holders?

Could such a thing happen with "TWD" as well?

Do Sideshow products get sold in the UK? Because if they are the ones to make Walking Dead figures, I definitely want to find a way to buy them. I'm assuming Sideshow isn't in the UK, right?

Do Sideshow products get sold in the UK? Because if they are the ones to make Walking Dead figures, I definitely want to find a way to buy them. I'm assuming Sideshow isn't in the UK, right?

How are you a member of this board and know nothing about Sideshow? :confused:

--

Given the immense popularity of the television series, I wonder IF an unlicensed bootleg offering showed up . . . would it be nixed almost as soon as it appeared (i.e. cease & desist).

I apparently missed some of the drama when some customizers who posted and may have been undertaking a group sculpting & casting "Dexter" project got hit with cease & desist notices from Triad Toys and/or the license holders?

Could such a thing happen with "TWD" as well?

That's certainly a possibility, although from what I've seen, the only unlicensed figure(s) that I ever heard about getting nixed because of infringing official license holders were the Steve Jobs figures.

How are you a member of this board and know nothing about Sideshow? :confused:

--

With all due respect . . . you're a fellow member AND a mod, but really . . . given this forum's history and the "variety" of membership . . . you're really asking that question?

:lol

;)

I mean, the guy did start this thread about Walking Dead 1/6 figures when they are clearly flooding the customs section, then he asked if Sideshow is in the UK. Apparently he does no research whatsoever.

Hey mate,
There are plenty of official Sideshow sellers in the UK my self included.You will find your paying more in the UK if you buy from an official UK stockist as we have to pay more taxes in the UK. There are plenty of sellers who grey import from the US and China who are cheaper. I am not quite sure what is with some peoples unnecessary attitiude?
The guy just asked a question it is easier to just answer it rather than ridicule it.

I mean, the guy did start this thread about Walking Dead 1/6 figures when they are clearly flooding the customs section, then he asked if Sideshow is in the UK. Apparently he does no research whatsoever.

Why don't we all take it easy? I favored having a conversation with fellow collectors rather than trying to find it online. I didn't think it would piss people off so much. Seeing as I'm also new to the UK, I haven't bought Sideshow figures in the UK or even looked into it. That's why I asked.

And yes, I've seen the Walking Dead customs. Maybe I could have been more clear, but I was asking if we were going to get any licensed, professional Walking Dead figures. I don't want to buy someone's custom figure. Why would I do that if a professional line/figure was announced down the road?

Really, the attitudes of some of the people I've encountered on this forum...we collect pieces of plastic and cloth, you guys. No need to be so condescending to someone who's looking to branch out in their collection. The arrogance of some 1:6 collectors really annoys me.

Hey mate,
There are plenty of official Sideshow sellers in the UK my self included.You will find your paying more in the UK if you buy from an official UK stockist as we have to pay more taxes in the UK. There are plenty of sellers who grey import from the US and China who are cheaper. I am not quite sure what is with some peoples unnecessary attitiude?
The guy just asked a question it is easier to just answer it rather than ridicule it.

Thank you for answering my question.

Customs are great but expensive. If I new a licenced figure was coming I'd be hesitant about forking out the money for a custom. At most I'd probably grab a custom head and great paint job as usually its the weakest part of a sideshow figure (well most figures to be honest) apart from the body which is a very easy fix.

Walking dead fits here because they really are just ordinary people so not a visually exciting figure.

Back