"Lost" Dutch Making Of Empire Strikes Back documentary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denryanj

Super Freak
Reaction score
Fascinating, rarely seen on set footage from 1979 now available.

[ame="https://youtu.be/5aS-HIgvANE"]https://youtu.be/5aS-HIgvANE[/ame]

That was bloody brilliant mate - thanks so much for posting that wonderful trip back to a better day! :rock

See - THIS kinda stuff should be on the Blu-Rays.. :exactly:

See, Luke really did want Leia, and Leia, Luke.

That brother/sister crap in ROTJ was bogus. Great documentary, thanks for sharing.

Their practice swordplay was so fast. You can see how they really had to slow it down because of the Darth Vader suit.

9:18... What is THAT?

You don't remember the scene with Luke riding in one of those shooting the cannon? What movie did you watch? :monkey3

Luke_gunner_01.jpg

Why did a mod move this to the SW statue section when other times quite clearly film related discussion was moved to the movie section?

Thanks for sharing this video! I love it. It's so great to see behind the scenes stuff from these movies that I haven't seen before.

Check out 4:50, is Hamill practicing with the lightsaber hilt ultimately used in ROTJ?

Lightsaber.jpg

Initially, I assumed it was Obi-Wan's saber hilt from the New Hope duel, but now I'm not so sure.

Here is Master Replica's ROTJ saber hilt:

LukeROTJV2big.jpg

Here is the Master Replicas New Hope Obi-Wan hilt:

obianhbig.jpg

The saber in the video is missing the distinct verticle cuts seen in the Obi-Wan hilt.

Check out 4:50, is Hamill practicing with the lightsaber hilt ultimately used in ROTJ?

Lightsaber.jpg

Initially, I assumed it was Obi-Wan's saber hilt from the New Hope duel, but now I'm not so sure.

Here is Master Replica's ROTJ saber hilt:

LukeROTJV2big.jpg

Here is the Master Replicas New Hope Obi-Wan hilt:

obianhbig.jpg

The saber in the video is missing the distinct verticle cuts seen in the Obi-Wan hilt.

Well he did make his own ROTJ saber based on blueprints found in Obi's house. So his new saber resembles Obi-Wan's.

Back