Displaying additional head sculpts for 1/6 figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xpl0sive

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for ways to display additional head sculpts that come with some 1/6 scale figures, as they look too nice to be hidden away in a box. Kind of like how Hot Toys do their displays, with the nice back drops and stuff. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've come across these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Y-Do...419&pid=100011&prg=1005&rk=1&sd=330631541590&

As well as these:

https://www.collectingwarehouse.com/Product-Home-Page/Square-Risers

Can anyone tell me which of these would suit best, or if there is an alternative? If it helps, I'm looking to display the Bruce Wayne head from the DX12 Batman figure, and the Laughing head from the DX11 Joker figure.

These guys have an idea... :)

Heads_on_PikeSmaller.jpg

I'm actually ordering a bunch of stuff from the collecting warehouse, including some of the items you've linked. If you have a lot of stuff you might look for a stepped riser.

Sorry mate just realized someone replied to this lol. Do not have a lot of stuff at all (just 2 figures at the moment and 1 statue). Only got 1 figure at the moment with interchangeable head and will have another soon. I think I might just display the additional head on the shelf of my detolf next to the figure and see how that looks. If it looks crap I'll just get a cube to raise it.

Thanks for the pic by the way lol.

I am also interested in ideas for this, it feels like a waste to have all my alternate heads packed away in boxes

Just tossing it out there, but those clear acrylic risers that are linked in the first post from Collecting Warehouse are also available at your big box office stores (Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, etc). So if you're in a hurry and don't want to wait on shipping, you can go there. Price is similar.

Head sculpts would look great in little slender glass-like domes, similar to the floating heads in Futurama. But alas, I've never seen covers/containers like those in such a small size.

With the cost of full sets going higher and higher, I am seriously considering buying just head sculpts to represent some characters. A 'rogue's gallery' set up could look make a cool display.

^ :lol

Yeah, a little.

I'd go with the black stand in the first post. I've heard others using them. It looks good when Hot Toys does it but as a personal display I don't know.

Speaking objectively, mounting a 1/6 head on a stick is no less creepy to the casual observer than displaying fully-dressed photorealistic dollies on the shelf :lol

Had a former student/mate drop in to my office where my figures are displayed. He looked them over and said, "These are cool. A bit weird, but cool".

Just tossing it out there, but those clear acrylic risers that are linked in the first post from Collecting Warehouse are also available at your big box office stores (Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, etc). So if you're in a hurry and don't want to wait on shipping, you can go there. Price is similar.

Any idea where in Staples they would be? Or what they call them there? I tried looking up acrylic riser on their website, but nada.

^ :lol

Yeah, a little.

I'd go with the black stand in the first post. I've heard others using them. It looks good when Hot Toys does it but as a personal display I don't know.

Yeah, after thinking a lot about it and messing around with my display, I've decided against it. I'm liking the look of a minimalistic display, with just a single figure per shelf (or 2 at most) and no additional clutter such as accessories or heads. It's a shame to put the accessories and additional heads back in the box as some of them look really nice, but unfortunately it just looks like clutter on the shelf and takes away from the museum/exhibition look that I'm trying to go for.

I always thought displaying multiple heads or multiples the same figure on the same shelf ruins the "illusion" that the figure is just a shrunken down version of the real thing. It reminds the viewer that it's just a figure. Same reason why I don't like using stands. Just my .02.

I have always wanted for something like generic Busts to be made that would be compatible with HT head sculpts which can be used for displaying your extra head-sculpts.

For example a generic suit and tie bust would be great for most of the superhero's alter ego head sculpts to be displayed, or how about a generic Officer uniform to display Sideshow Clone trooper heads on.
I tried sculpting one myself one time but first , I am not sculptor, and 2 it came out really bad. So I am still waiting for some thing like this to appear on the market.
Ht seems to be on the right track with their Power Pose Figures. the Ironman Heartbreaker figure allows you to plug in the Tony head sculpt on it. Hopefully they get to point where they can make generic bust, or even mini busts like Gentle Giants , that are headless but allow you to plug your extra HT head sculpt on it.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Acrylic-Jewelry-Display-Showcase-Fixtures/dp/B000OVHTEU/ref=pd_sim_hg_8[/ame]

Back