PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE NEWS OUTLETS, Spoiling Batman Inc.

JonEl
02-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Most news outlets and even DC's facebook have spoiled a pretty big part of the upcoming batman inc 'Damian Dies'

bicoid18
02-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Yeah, the RIP cover leaked a while back. Shame as he was starting to be likable.

JonEl
02-25-2013, 08:53 PM
Yeah, but covers can mislead at least. Too bad this wasn't the case, I've enjoyed him since **** was bat.

Knightstalker
02-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Yeah not happy about this news, not happy at all.

Buttmunch
02-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Meh. Nobody stays dead anymore. Especially since his gramps has a niffy swimming pool that takes care of such problems. :rolleyes:

Blackest Night insured people stayed dead from then on, but then they took the cowards way out and just rebooted the entire universe :duh

Odd to off him in Inc though when there is another comic called Batman and ROBIN that he stars in. Probably means he's only gone an issue or two until Ra's can save him and B&R won't even mention it happening :lol

JonEl
02-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Hopefully that's the case, I like the dynamic he brings.

plasmid303
02-26-2013, 02:01 AM
DC being so blatant about the 'spoiler' makes it seem like it was entirely intentional. They want everyone to know, kinda like Marvel's publicity over Captain America's death and DC with Batman's in RIP.

Natrix
02-26-2013, 07:23 AM
DC being so blatant about the 'spoiler' makes it seem like it was entirely intentional. They want everyone to know, kinda like Marvel's publicity over Captain America's death and DC with Batman's in RIP.

Of course it was intentional. :lol

EVILFACE
02-26-2013, 07:25 AM
Who is dead?

JonEl
02-26-2013, 07:48 AM
Damian, but like it has been said the grandson of Ras will most likely go swimming, but it's just aggravating that the book is spoiled before its release.

Vader AL
02-26-2013, 08:02 AM
So create a new story line about Bats having a son and then make us hate the little **** for many issues and then start to actually enjoy/like his character (for me at least) and then take it away. Not liking it. Methinks this is a woman's doing.

Russell1982
02-26-2013, 07:35 PM
I thought this thread would be about telling people what to avoid to keep away from the spoiler but it seems everyone's discussing it anyway. :lol so I'm guessing its that Damian will apparently die. I actually really enjoy his character and think he's a great addition to the "family" but if he does die I wonder what they'll do about a robin.

bicoid18
02-26-2013, 09:15 PM
I'm guessing Harper Row will probably fill that void.

karamazov80
02-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Never heard of him.

Knightstalker
02-27-2013, 10:07 AM
I'm guessing Harper Row will probably fill that void.

Yes, apparently she's a "fan favourite" according to DC :dunno. I'll be so pissed if she's cheaply brought in and becomes Robin before Damian's body has even cooled.
I want to see this affect Bruce for a long time to come. And someone should really step in and tell Bruce to stop putting children in danger.

karamazov80
02-27-2013, 10:19 AM
And someone should really step in and tell Bruce to stop putting children in danger.
They are acceptable collateral damage. Brightly colored, scantily clad young boys belong out there on the streets, risking life and limb in the fight against crime.

dalbelo
02-27-2013, 12:45 PM
Comming soon.... Hush Part 2

IrishJedi
02-27-2013, 11:54 PM
If DC wants to make this have interesting repercussions, they'd have Bruce Wayne lose it and take him closer to the edge than he's ever been before, and ultimately have Jason Todd be the one who saves him and keeps him from falling all the way.

That's what I'd do anyway.

SwedishHeat
02-28-2013, 08:41 AM
If DC wants to make this have interesting repercussions, they'd have Bruce Wayne lose it and take him closer to the edge than he's ever been before, and ultimately have Jason Todd be the one who saves him and keeps him from falling all the way.

That's what I'd do anyway.

Considering he's just been close to the edge in RIP AND Death of the Family, I can't agree with you there. He literally went insane in RIP, right?? That whole Barman of Zur En Arh thing?

IrishJedi
02-28-2013, 08:47 AM
I'm talking murderous rampage, though. Have him break his "one rule" in grand fashion, and then live and deal with the consequences for years to come.

And Jason can both save him from being lost forever, and take the rap since he's an outlaw anyway. It'd be kinda like the Harvey Dent thing from TDK/TDKR, except not played out nearly as dumb. :lol Also, the character arc between the two would become much more interesting.

Shake things up in a big way.

Kabukiman
02-28-2013, 09:09 AM
I thought Batman Inc was ignoring New 52 continuity (if you can call the New 52 "continuity") and just doing its own thing... guess not?

IrishJedi
02-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Nope. Because next month Damian is dead in ALL the Bat books and there will be fall out there and in other DC books as well.

Here's the cover to Batman #18:

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2013/2/28/11/enhanced-buzz-wide-9074-1362069067-5.jpg

Batman #18 Variant:
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/2/28/10/enhanced-buzz-wide-16321-1362066221-16.jpg

Batgirl #18:
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr01/2013/2/28/10/enhanced-buzz-wide-19689-1362066109-13.jpg

Rest can be seen here: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/28/when-dcs-batbook-covers-gently-weep/

JonEl
02-28-2013, 12:33 PM
I wish they kept the bird on all the covers it worked well in the two it was used

IrishJedi
02-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Agreed. And that Capullo cover is especially genius. I love simple, understated imagery like that.

Buttmunch
02-28-2013, 05:40 PM
What is beyond stupid is they kill him off AFTER the Death of the Family storyline. That is when he should have been killed. Playing that out with Joker would have been a far better move IMO.

No surprised Inc was sold out around town yesterday. Obviously nobody was surprised by what happened in the issue :lol

IrishJedi
02-28-2013, 10:00 PM
Obviously, Morrison wanted to be the one to kill him off in his own book on his own terms. And while it's part of continuity (which is weird in itself) BATMAN INC. is Morrison's baby, not Snyder & co. And it was not part of "Death of The Family".

Buttmunch
02-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Well they shouldn't have let him :lol Way to hype up an event called DEATH of the Family only to end up with no death, but have a death a month later in totally separate story :duh

IrishJedi
02-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I know. But Morrison pretty much has carte blanche. They were dumb to make BATMAN INC. part of the New 52 contunuity in the first place.

Buttmunch
02-28-2013, 11:26 PM
They were dumbing making Batman Inc period :lol

Just seems to me if he wanted to be able to kill of Damian, he should have been working on Batman & Robin instead. Its like killing off Superman in an issue of Swamp Thing. At least kill of the character in his main book. I'm sure there are plenty of B&R readers that don' buy Inc to begin with.

I guess it doesn't really matter though with Lazarus Pits running in his family, he'll be back soon enough despite what they say. Nobody stays dead in comics except Uncle Ben :lol

dalbelo
03-01-2013, 07:13 AM
Nobody stays dead in comics except Uncle Ben :lol

lol, this is so true! Didnt Gwen Stacey and Harvey Osborn die for good too? Maybe its only in the Spidey universe. Can't really add Doc Oc / Peter (whichever way you want to look at it) to that yet.

SwedishHeat
03-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Well, having just read the issue in question, I think it was a big batch of 'meh'. I will give it the benefit of the doubt because I haven't read this series, but I just can't follow the way Morrison writes. Batman has never made sense since he started writing it. I'll just assume I'm a simpleton and not smart enough to grasp all his intricacies as a writer. Also, the art was 'meh' as well, I don't like Quitely, and having a guy ape Quitely's style is worse.

dalbelo
03-01-2013, 10:37 AM
I agree that I do not like Morrison's writing style. I can never follow his story line. It just makes no sense to me and is extremely confusin. When its that confusing, its just not enjoyable to read. His current Action Comics run is a perfect example of confusing the heck out of a simple story.