What do you see when you look at the Amazing Spiderman 2 Costume?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I see...

• A New Costume

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • A copy of the previous trilogy's costume with new eyes and logo

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • A Comic Accurate costume

Votes: 32 37.2%

• Total voters

Uncanny Web-Slinger

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Amazing Spiderman costume was debuted today...

spidermansmallnew_zpsbe9574c5.jpg

Peoples opinions are varied so far.

Although it hasn't full been revealed yet, judging from this pic what do you see?

My first opinion: I love it.

As for the poll, it looks like a mix of all three options. It is obviously quite similar to the Raimi costume, so much so that this almost doesn't look like an official costume, but rather a fan design. But the eyes make all the difference to me, they look like Bagley's art, which will always be "my" Spider-Man artist. One of the things I didn't like about the Raimi costume was the triangular look the eyes had.

Last edited:
If I hadn't been told, I would've just thought it was a shot of the old Raimi series costume. It even has the same little grid pattern. Not that that's a bad thing, that costume was pretty much perfect.

My first opinion: I love it.

I looks like Bagley's suit come to life. The eyes are bit smaller than his design, but the size there looks to work well in the real world.

As for the poll, it looks like a mix of all three options. It is obviously quite similar to the Raimi costume, so much so that this almost doesn't look like an official costume, but rather a fan design. But the eyes make all the difference to me. One of the things I didn't like about that costume was the triangular look the eyes had.

It's be a perfect Bagley costume if not fir the raised webbing and of course the logo being different.

I does look like Toby's suit. Eyes look fantastic.

With as many versions of spiderman we've seen over the years, by the time you've seen him once there's not much else can be done with him. The villains, on the other hand are what I'm interested in, and can always be portrayed differently.

I think, for the most part, it's probably the most comic accurate costume we've seen, depending on what the rest of it looks like.

Looks fantastic. The reason? BECAUSE they went back to the original one. It's not better than the Raimi one (I liked the "sharp" eyes on those) perse, but still, great. Even though I prefer the Raimi eyes, I still dig the eyes on this one too. Just like the comics where the eyes would be a different shape depending on the artist who drew it.

It could have easily been the "next suit" after the symbiote suit in Spider-Man 3 in a potential sequel with Raimi/Maguire.

Looking forward to seeing Garfield in this, unless the rest of the suit in the pic looks like weird crap. I dig it.

It could have easily been the "next suit" after the symbiote suit in Spider-Man 3 in a potential sequel with Raimi/Maguire.

That's the exact thing, this isn't the old trilogy, it's a new canon, an alternate universe if you will. To have basically the same costume makes no sense.

This new suit just isn't a new suit, it's the right look but the same costume we had already, except for the eyes and logo.

It's very un-ambitious. They could've made the webbing flat or printed for one, or used a different material instead of the same from the last trilogy, used black instead of blue for the costume, added underarm webbing.

There are lots to options to make this classic but also unique. They just didn't bother.

Take the Captain America Avengers suit for example. It retains the helmet, wings (somewhat) and star and stripes and colour scheme from the TFA costume but does them differently and in a different way that makes them the same look but unique unto themselves.

This isn't uniqe to itself it's a copy and paste job with some differences.

It was great for the old trilogy but does extremely little to seperate this new canon from that.

Instead of immideiatley thinking of this film as a sequel to ASM, it's very easy like you said to consider it Spider-Man 4 and part of the old films.

For now i'm not seeing Garfields Spider-Man, i'm seeing Maguire's Spider-Man.

I hope Garfields body shape in this and the rest of the costume make it different enough so that i see Garfield's Spidey and not Maguires.

So Nova doesn't like it.

Hahaha, damn. I guess it's true. Can't make anyone happy! (not a dig at you Nova, but it's true, I thought that basketball suit was crap and you loved it, now, it's the exact opposite).

What was your assumption about the suit again? Wasn't it something along the lines that, "haters gonna hate" when it was revealed? Well, imma seein' and imma likin'.

I like it sure. But I hate that it continues to steal from Raimi. The poor guy's feeling ****ty enough.

Love or hate the old Raimi suit, love or hate the recent ASM suit, it doesn't matter. The movies are set in different realities. To use one suit in the other, makes no sense and completely breaks the reality of the movie.

This was definitely not the line of design evolution suggested by the first Amazing Spiderman movie, therefore I think it's a rational thing to complain about.

I see a post that should have been in the other Spiderman thread.

Yeah, what's up with all these Spidey threads??? There's a topic for ASM2. Take it there. Not everything needs a poll.

Complaining about a suit based on Raimi's which was in turn based on the comics is just getting silly. The basketball look was dumb. This looks nice. What's the big deal? :dunno

Back