if u were me how would u grouo/pair the following figures in ur display?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys I will be purchasing a display detolf soon and I was hoping to get some feedback as to how others would pair/group/align the following figures for display purposes. I am a relatively new collector so I don't have a lot of figures, also my collection is very eclectic/random.

Well here goes:

Dx04 Bruce Lee exc
Dx06 jack exc
Dx07 Skywalker exc
Dx10 Cyberdine
T1 t800
Dx12 TDKR
Reeves superman exc
Hawkeye
Avengers Cap
Blade ii
The Godfather
Leonidas

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

here's my suggestions from the top shelf to the bottom

Dx10 Cyberdine
T1 t800
Dx12 TDKR
Reeves superman exc

The Godfather
Dx06 jack exc

Leonidas
Dx04 Bruce Lee exc

Hawkeye
Avengers Cap
Blade ii
Dx07 Skywalker exc

I don't get the love for detolfs. Unless they're elevated, putting figures on the bottom shelf is not all that far off just putting them on the floor. You've got some cool figures there that have cost a fair amount, it just seems a shame to relegate any of them to bottom-shelf status.

In any case, I'd display them like:

Nope, too hard to get a coherent display out of that mix. If you're set on getting a detolf, I'd get a second one so you can break them up a bit more - like Don Vito deserves his own shelf imo.

I don't get the love for detolfs. Unless they're elevated, putting figures on the bottom shelf is not all that far off just putting them on the floor. You've got some cool figures there that have cost a fair amount, it just seems a shame to relegate any of them to bottom-shelf status.

In any case, I'd display them like:

Nope, too hard to get a coherent display out of that mix. If you're set on getting a detolf, I'd get a second one so you can break them up a bit more - like Don Vito deserves his own shelf imo.

Ya getting a coherent display out of these random figures isn't easy. Obviously i just bought the ones i liked and dint think about a theme. At one point I was thinking of grouping all the ones with sunglasses together (since that's the only theme I got with Hawkeye blade and t2). Or just arbitrarily adding blade too my own avengers team by grouping him with Hawkeye and cap. Once I get avengers Thor and IM it will be easier me thinks.

Appreciate your feedback the more the better

Also, Not necessarily set on detolf is there some other option you recommend?

Last edited:
Ya getting a coherent display out of these random figures isn't easy. Obviously i just bought the ones i liked and dint think about a theme. At one point I was thinking of grouping all the ones with sunglasses together (since that's the only theme I got with Hawkeye blade and t2). Or just arbitrarily adding blade too my own avengers team by grouping him with Hawkeye and cap. Once I get avengers Thor and IM it will be easier me thinks.

Appreciate your feedback the more the better

Also, Not necessarily set on detolf is there some other option you recommend?

If you're going to invest some time and money in this hobby then it makes total sense to pick up the figures you like without thinking about a theme. My only theme continues to be movies and historical characters that resonate with me on some level - mostly nostalgia. But I have my figures displayed in a variety of ways and not all in the one display case or on the same shelf.

How you display your stuff will largely come down to what kind of space you have to work with. I have seen some great detolf displays. Personally I'd explore other options before settling on it as a default option. Besta shelves, Expedit shelves, floating shelves... all of these can provide good display options. Figures and statues cost a great deal of money, and it's worth investing a suitable amount in how they are displayed imo so you can get the most enjoyment and satisfaction out of them.

Last edited:
3 Detolf cabinets would be my choice, space permitting of course. One figure per shelf. ;)

Hi guys I will be purchasing a display detolf soon and I was hoping to get some feedback as to how others would pair/group/align the following figures for display purposes. I am a relatively new collector so I don't have a lot of figures, also my collection is very eclectic/random.

Well here goes:

Dx04 Bruce Lee exc
Dx06 jack exc
Dx07 Skywalker exc
Dx10 Cyberdine
T1 t800
Dx12 TDKR
Reeves superman exc
Hawkeye
Avengers Cap
Blade ii
The Godfather
Leonidas

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I'm a newb to this hobby as well, but here is my 2 cents.

Batman and Superman same shelf(World's Finest Teamup)
Bruce Lee Leonidas(Warrior face off shelf)
Hawkeye, Cap, Blade(Marvel shelf)
Cyberdyne, Luke T800(sci fi shelf)
Vito, jack(movie icons)

I'm a newb to this hobby as well, but here is my 2 cents.

Batman and Superman same shelf(World's Finest Teamup)
Bruce Lee Leonidas(Warrior face off shelf)
Hawkeye, Cap, Blade(Marvel shelf)
Cyberdyne, Luke T800(sci fi shelf)
Vito, jack(movie icons)

Agree with this suggestion.

Also, you definitely must get some kind of riser if you're going to use Detolfs. I have have 10 Detolfs in my collection for years and finally picked up some risers this weekend. WOW, what a difference it makes in the overall presentation.

I picked up 2 of these since I have 7 Detolfs together: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80218458/#/40253910

besta-tv-unit__0176338_PE329190_S4.JPG

If you don't use a riser though, you can put stuff on top of the Detolf, ideal for bigger items-Jabba the Hutt for example. Or you can dispaly artwork or whatever above too.

Usually in the beginning if I have a lot of shelves I put each figure in a shelf but when it get crowded I will start pairing them, here is how I see them..

Dx04 Bruce Lee exc - Blade ii

T1 t800 - Dx10 Cyberdine

Reeves superman exc - Dx12 TDKR

Avengers Cap - Hawkeye

The Godfather (Alone)

Leonidas (Alone)

Dx06 jack exc (Alone)

Dx07 Skywalker exc (Alone)

Back