Please Sideshow, donate a % of C. Reeve sales to The Christopher Reeve foundation!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warrior Alien

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all!

Just posted something in the Superman PF thread in the Statue Forum that kind of inspired me to post a thread here about the same issue.

Beings that Sideshow has formally annouced a PF with the Christopher Reeve portrate I just thought of a stellar idea. Now apart from our differences with QC and other issues that have come about with Sideshow, I think this would be a stellar time for them to really show that they care about people. The same people who buy their product and support them years gone by.

I would just like to suggest that Sideshow donate a % of their PF sales that will have the Christopher Reeve portrate to the Christopher Reeve Foundation.

It's easy to think, "well it's not me" when you look at someone with a physical handicap but remember, just as easy as it has happen to our Superman... it can happen to any one of us.

So please, vote this thread up and hope that it grabs the attention of Sideshow Collectibles and has them show their generosity on this subject! Please follow the Statue Forum link below and vote up the thread. Thank you to everyone in advance!!!

https://www.christopherreeve.org/site/c.mtKZKgMWKwG/b.4451921/k.2951/Paralysis_Resource_Center_Home.htm

Statue Forum thread link:
https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=135152
Please vote here!!!
:hi5:

I'd say wait until we see something more substantial than an in-progress sculpt. This thread may become unnecessary. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't donate a portion to the Reeve foundation. It seems like it's just the right thing to do at this point, just like I hope that the HT BTTF figures have a portion for the Fox foundation.

Even if they don't, there's a part of me that wonders if that's not part of the stipulations when getting the likeness rights for Reeve. That being said, this is a good thread. I love that I can actually feel good about buying expensive stuff.

I'd say wait until we see something more substantial than an in-progress sculpt. This thread may become unnecessary. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't donate a portion to the Reeve foundation. It seems like it's just the right thing to do at this point, just like I hope that the HT BTTF figures have a portion for the Fox foundation.

Even if they don't, there's a part of me that wonders if that's not part of the stipulations when getting the likeness rights for Reeve. That being said, this is a good thread. I love that I can actually feel good about buying expensive stuff.

I understand your concern, and appreciate your support! :hi5:

When HT did their Reeve they only received permission for his likeness from the Reeve estate on the condition that a percentage went to his foundation. I am pretty sure SSC is must be under the same stipulation as HT.

I have one similar

why dont we do a charity deed? every time we buy a figure ,we send $ 10 into a common fund and donate to the needy, you like the idea?

Y not, we spend so much on our statues. Surely, we can spare some for good deeds :)

Back