DX12 Young Justice Nightwing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Kent

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, so I bought a body of TA and am trying to make a nightwing. I need a little help. I am COMPLETELY new to sculpting and often just bash my customs. I want to try and schulpt a face mask on TOP of the HEAD and then have it be removable. Is this even possible? I mad a mock up one using the black plastic trays the DX09 faceplates come in. I also need to sculpt his escrima side holster. Going for a cross between Nolan and Young Justice. Any suggestions on the head? I scoured EBAY looking for 1/6 heads, but nothing really hit me as a right fit. I also tried to paing the body and gauntlets, but the paint does not stick. (was using acrylics) I've used them before on the Capt. America gauntlets with no problem. Only thing I can think of is taping off and spraying, but some of the details I need to paint are REALLY TINY. Any advice would be greatly welcomed and appreciated!

IMG_2816.JPGIMG_2948.JPGIMG_2818.JPGphoto.JPG

Last edited:
LOL, I know, I know, I just need help. like I said, I just started and couldn't find a thread to ask. was going to post in the DX12 thread, but figured it wasn't the place.

i've been contemplating this for a while ~ likewise bought a spare dx12 body to experiment on, but i have not decided yet how best to approach it.

for the moment i am having a hard enough time trying to decide between red and blue, so yeah, i got nothing at the moment.

Just did one of the gaunlets using oils, but looks REALLY messy and you can see all the brush strokes...... Looks like spray paint it is....l.

Last edited:
it's hard to find now, but the Goemon head with mask on is perfect. Other suggestions would be, chris redfield and the avengers cap, just paint the hair. I'm also thinking, if it's nolan-verse, how 'bout prince dastan? looking forward to your custom

Thanks! Ordered a few parts from Black Ops Toys and snuck in a Bane boss jacket while they have them in stock! I found a drop holster that might work nicely for the nunchucks or might try and get the 1/6 daredevil nunchuck holster on ebay.

The Trilmaster one. check the Bane thread for the link. Might be sold out by now.

OK, before I pass the point of no return.......... Does anyone know a way to smooth this out if I were to use a dremmel to sand the Bat away? I will be spraying this with a deep blue, but am worried at how it will look if I sand down the bat.....

View attachment 58094

This is the head I ended up getting. Will try to sculpt a mask on it. Would like the GOEMON head as someone suggested, but wayyyy to expensive...

View attachment 58095

coming along nicely!

you might want to try to smooth out the chest piece with just a wee super-thin bit of sculpey or other such material.

what are you making the mask out of?

I was going to cut it out of one of the trays that came with the DX09, but I ordered some miliput. Never used it before, so going to see if I can sculpt one out....

use magic-sculpt to smooth out the chest area if you need to. apply a thin layer and you can use water to smooth it out. hardens by itself.

Back