Marvel Dio Collectors..Did U Order Spidey v. Venom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The completist in me ordered it.

However, the rest of me will likely cancel the order before it ships.

I am struggling with wanting a complete collection on the one hand, but on the other hand I am realizing that I shouldn't devote precious money and display space to something that I don't like that much. My first reaction upon seeing the final picture was a feeling of disappointment. The more I look at it, the less I think it will fit in with the dioramas I already have. I can't let Sideshow's official position that this is part of the line, combined with my desire to be a completist, drive me to the point of paying money for a piece that I don't like that much.

:monkey2

yes i ordered spidey v venom but unlike the majority, i like the exclusive alot.it is a vs piece but i dont know where the " diorama" comes from.
venom is breaking out of something but from what i dont know.
on the order page ss dont even explain what the base is supposed to be.
i consider it a vs bust not a dio and im buying it because i like the sculpt
and what there is of the fight scene + its a gore group piece and will go
near the rest of there vs dios that i own.it would have been nicer having 2 full statues on a proper dio base but im giong to enjoy owning this for WHAT it is.

No, and will not buy it even if it is limited to 20 pieces.

People shall not buy something that they are disappointed with (even if they are completist)

For the first time I try to be a completist with VS line and SS come up with such item.

:emperor

I ordered both of them. But wether they stay or not will depend on the ES. Hopefully SS will keep the ES down on both versions, otherwise I will get them on ebay for half the retail price.:monkey1

No, for the reasons already stated. The most frustrating thing about this piece is how easily it could've been great.

Nope! I dont care for it either but I am not THAT pissed about it for completist reasons. I dont feel compelled to have every piece. I just dont care for Busts although I love the FF piece and ordered it. I dont like the weird arm of Venom nor the fact that it's half a figure. Spidey looks fantastic as he did on the Hulk Dio but that's not enough for me on this one.

It hurts me to say it, but no I am not ordering one.

I'm a huge fan of Sideshow's Marvel line and had high hopes for this one but I just can't see myself getting this one.

No. This one will be able to find for a nice price on ebay in the future so I'll go that route if I decide to pick it up.
But instead of spending $124 on this piece I placed it on something I would rather have.

dang. So much for people not wanting it. It is #4 on the most popular product.

I passed and will stick to VS dioramas that are FS only, no matter how SS categorizes them. It pains me to pass, since I love Martin and the Gore group.

As far as it being #4 in sales this week, I'd bet most of that is speculation. Once the edition sizes come up, there will be A TON of cancellations.

I haven't ordered it yet, but I probably will. The only VS Dio I own is the Hulk/Spidey and while this doesn't fit in with that; I do have the FF piece on order, and this will go nicely with that. I do wish it was complete, but I really like the way it looks. I'll be getting the regular, I might get it from a retailer and save some bucks.

I think it's an excellent piece for people that don't want to spend the money on a real Vs. diorama. I'm sure a lot of fans have been pining over them but the price has prevented them from buying. This is for them, not for the Vs. completists.

Back