The Mental Health Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurdFerguson

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is a thread like this but I figured I could start one. I'm fairly open with this community but I haven't talked very much about this. I have moderate to severe depression along with Bipolar disorder, OCD, aspergers... yadda yadda yadda. I have found it somewhat comforting to talk with people with the same issues, so that's why I started this thread. Hopefully this thread can help some people.

Re: The Mental Heath Thread

I felt depression for a long time, but when I went to an organic vegan diet, my whole consciousness got clearer, and I felt free and a lot more relaxed.

I've met at least one other person with the exact same experience. I did not need to do anything in terms of therapy to achieve this.

Also, the first thing I did was cut refined sugar out of my diet. Eating things with sugar causes highs and mood crashes, and so stopping the sugar put me on a more even keel. It was really difficult to do, however.
I felt really bad before that, and I heard that it might help, and certainly did.
The depression went away almost completely.
There are chemicals in the food that people eat, as well as hormones. Pesticides in food make me really stressed when I ate food with it later. People talk about the biochemical nature of depression and then trey to treat it with drugs to fix it, yet they fail to consider that the chemicals in food can alter biochemistry, even though they are there, and also unnatural. Perhaps its because the same companies that make pesticides also make pharmaceutical drugs to combat depression. They make money on the cause and the management of the condition.

There are people who may doubt what I am saying, but until you try it, you can't really know.

Last edited:

I'm not sure if there is a thread like this but I figured I could start one. I'm fairly open with this community but I haven't talked very much about this. I have moderate to severe depression along with Bipolar disorder, OCD, aspergers... yadda yadda yadda. I have found it somewhat comforting to talk with people with the same issues, so that's why I started this thread. Hopefully this thread can help some people.

I always wanted to make a thread about being sick but didn't know what to call it and I was afraid everyone would just troll it with silly pics,

I have depression as well, not sure if it is moderate or not but makes life difficult, I also have this Vitamin D deficiency that messes up with everything, I usually get tired easily and get dizzy/light headed easily a lot too.

Last edited:

^^ keep this troll free eh? I do pity people who have mental health issues. I know plenty of people in similar situations and its a real and debilitating problem for them.
I hope this thread can help other freaks in similar situations to know that they're not alone :)

I always wanted to make a thread about being sick but didn't know what to call it and I was afraid everyone would just troll it with silly pics,

I have depression as well, not sure if it is moderate or not but makes life difficult, I also have this Vitamin D deficiency that messes up with everything, I usually get tired easily and get dizzy/light headed easily a lot too.

I've got vitamin D , vitamin B12 and vitamin B9 deficinecy , all require supplementation and jabs. I've got a whole lot of absorption issues that gives me symptoms ranging from dizziness ( to the point where I'm nearly falling on my arse sometimes ) OCD like feelings that get my extremely pissed off and probably depression also if I'm honest. They thought I was cealic but ruled that out in the end. I also lost two stone in weight within a month about a year ago , had an extremely hard time regaining any weight. The physical problems that come with all this are worse but that's another story. I'm also allergic to wheat , dairy , fish and nuts. I've been undergoing tests for years , they're still not 100% sure what's going on.

I completely agree with Blackthornone in regards to diet helping both physical and mental symptoms. I eat completely gluten free , dairy free and 99% of direct sugar I avoid. I don't even eat much fruit because of the natural sugars as stupid as it sounds. I just tend to react to it.
When I first stopped eating processed and high sugar foods ( this is well over a year ago now ) I felt crappy at first but powered through and after a few weeks I felt amazingly better. Diet has helped me far more than any medication ever has.

I'm fairly certain what triggered all of my health problems was years of antibiotics for an unrelated health problem I had as a kid , they just seemed to really mess me up.

For anyone suffering with things like this personally from experience I'd recommend routine blood tests which could pick up some type of deficiency ( which can cause unbelievable symptoms if left untreated ) and of course to alter your diet if you haven't already.

I know what you mean about talking to people about things like this also Turd , it helps for sure. :hi5::1-1:
I think I'm a member of about 50 health forums but they tend to be full of nutters so this thread is better. :rotfl

Essential fatty acids also help give a sense of mental well being as well, as in omega 3 6 and 9 fatty acids, like from Hempseed oil or Udo's Choice oil blend. Some people use EPA DHA from fish oil, though I never use that.
Hicks mentioned vitamin D, which can usually be gained from 10 minutes a day in full sun on face and arms, though it varies by the time of year and climate. If you spend most of your time indoors, it is remarkable how spending some time in the sun can make you feel more vital. Exercise really helps too, with the endorphins.

Vitamin B12 is necessary to properly utilize amino acids, to help you to be strong, and so to better handle stress. If you are deficient, that can make depression somewhat worse.
Vitamin C helps you to handle stress too, and the more stress you are under, the more vitamin C you need.

lol no wonder you think super heroes are real!!

I never said that. Some people like Dr. Albert Schweitzer had the character of super heroes, though.
Don't misquote me, and you should know what you are talking about before you say that something doesn't work. I've done it and so have others, so I know it works.
Speaking from ignorance only undercuts your credibility.

Hicks mentioned vitamin D, which can usually be gained from 10 minutes a day in full sun on face and arms, though it varies by the time of year and climate.

When you go outside here in the UK all you get is a face full of cold. :lol
Part of the problem I suppose. :slap

When you go outside here in the UK all you get is a face full of cold. :lol
Part of the problem I suppose. :slap

Have you tried the full spectrum light bulbs? I hear those have been used in the Netherlands to successfully reduce the depression rate. I have used them for two decades.
Full spectrum light bulbs mimic the light energy of the sun, for those who don't know. They are a lot like growing lights for plants.

I've been in and out of depression since i was Twelve when i had a feeding tube inserted to combat my malnutrition.

I became extremely self concious, stopped hanging out with friends, stopped playing sports for fear or pulling it and being in pain. Just generally became very withdrawn from social activity.

I've been generally a lone wolf type since then. Thugh my Depression isn't debilitating as i can still function in most ways, i have self-confidence issues stemming from back when i became withdrawn.

Have you tried the full spectrum light bulbs? I hear those have been used in the Netherlands to successfully reduce the depression rate. I have used them for two decades.
Full spectrum light bulbs mimic the light energy of the sun, for those who don't know. They are a lot like growing lights for plants.

Depression for me personally is probably the least of my problems and I'd imagine most of it actually amounts from the pressure of my health problems mounting up. I try my best to focus on getting to a better state of health and it keeps me in good spirits most of the time.

I've never heard of using light bulbs to reduce depression , it's certainly interesting. I was also recently diagnosed with stomach erosion and an ulcer after undergoing an endoscopy so I think there's something physically going on with me that is causing all of these deficiencies and mental problems that the doctors have yet to find.

I've got a lot of friends and family so that helps also. I think the worst thing you can do with health problems is dwell on them as hard as it might seem. Diet , attitude , lifestyle and making sure you know what's wrong if anything are what I'd consider the most important aspects to health.

My entire family have been plagued by Mental health problems so I can certainly relate to those that experience them.
x :peace

I've got vitamin D , vitamin B12 and vitamin B9 deficinecy , all require supplementation and jabs. I've got a whole lot of absorption issues that gives me symptoms ranging from dizziness ( to the point where I'm nearly falling on my arse sometimes ) OCD like feelings that get my extremely pissed off and probably depression also if I'm honest. They thought I was cealic but ruled that out in the end. I also lost two stone in weight within a month about a year ago , had an extremely hard time regaining any weight. The physical problems that come with all this are worse but that's another story. I'm also allergic to wheat , dairy , fish and nuts. I've been undergoing tests for years , they're still not 100% sure what's going on.

I completely agree with Blackthornone in regards to diet helping both physical and mental symptoms. I eat completely gluten free , dairy free and 99% of direct sugar I avoid. I don't even eat much fruit because of the natural sugars as stupid as it sounds. I just tend to react to it.
When I first stopped eating processed and high sugar foods ( this is well over a year ago now ) I felt crappy at first but powered through and after a few weeks I felt amazingly better. Diet has helped me far more than any medication ever has.

I'm fairly certain what triggered all of my health problems was years of antibiotics for an unrelated health problem I had as a kid , they just seemed to really mess me up.

For anyone suffering with things like this personally from experience I'd recommend routine blood tests which could pick up some type of deficiency ( which can cause unbelievable symptoms if left untreated ) and of course to alter your diet if you haven't already.

I know what you mean about talking to people about things like this also Turd , it helps for sure. :hi5::1-1:
I think I'm a member of about 50 health forums but they tend to be full of nutters so this thread is better. :rotfl

I sometimes wonder if I don't have a problem with gluten. They say 1 out of every 4 women does. Vitamin D is very important to everyone. Everyone should take that! I take D and B-12. What's the B-9 good for?

A sincere idea for a thread
but,every time I feel depressed I actually stop reading internet boards. :) :lol

Seriously though...internet forums are nasty places for mental health issues. Do something to distract yourself.

Otherwise it becomes a situation where misery loves company...and everyone starts to either laugh at folks or pity one another.

Hopefully the membership here will have the maturity to avoid this thread if you do not wish to share.

If you do not have the maturity to participate in this thread please avoid it.

Back