Caution on MR Falcon??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icedrake707

Super Freak
Reaction score
Someone on ebay has sold or listed the same SE falcon 3 times lately; once in Dec, once in late Jan, and now again... they are asking for bank wire only. I see no feedback.

I am interested in bidding the minimum but have worries, I am not sure if this person is trying to drive prices up for these, scam people, or 2 people simply didn't pay.

Thoughts ?!

Last edited:
Seller has only been active on ebay 18 times in the last 12 months, mainly as a buyer. Now they want a bank transfer instead of Paypal on a big ticket item?

Don't bite that hook.

EDIT: IF you decide to bid anyway i would suggest reaching out to the seller first and saying you will only buy if you can paypal, you do not find the bank transfer acceptable as it provides no protection to you. If he comes back and says no something's fishy.

Yeah it seemed odd to me; oddly the 2 "buyers" didn't leave feedback one way or another. I did think the whole thing looked strange! At least I know now why people are all the sudden asking for outrageous prices for the falcon, the last 2 of these from this person drove prices through the roof!

Yea, for an item/collectible in that class, I'd wait for a more serious seller to pop up. It's like buying a car. There should me a mutual understanding and a certain amount of trust.

Another option you might consider is putting up a WTB post. If you were considering spending 4K on the ebay Falcon maybe someone here has one they'll part with for that money - or maybe less. You'd also have some idea of the person's reputation here AND everyone on this board does paypal.

Another option you might consider is putting up a WTB post. If you were considering spending 4K on the ebay Falcon maybe someone here has one they'll part with for that money - or maybe less. You'd also have some idea of the person's reputation here AND everyone on this board does paypal.

He already has a WTB thread going. ;)

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Haha. Well yeah I was basing my wtb prices on the recent sales which are not real KT would seem. I figured the falcon didn't go from 2.5-3k to 5-8k in just 6 months :)

Prices on Master Replicas are going up, though.

But I find a lot of suspecious sellers as well. There's a guy offering some sabers, and he doesn't even have any feedback at all. I skip those guys nice and easy.

Oh, and I bloody hate it when ebay sellers use generic product photos of their items. Those, I skip as well. Do they even want to sell their *****? Christ....

I asked a few questions about it and now it has disappeared from ebay... hrmmmm

for a collectible in this price range, better to ask all questions first - sounds like you should stay very far away from this one.

Back