Stuart Freeborn - 1914-2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.FeelGood

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was saddened today to hear that Stuart Freeborn, the BAFTA Award winner who bought us the wonderfully real creations of Yoda and Jabba the Hutt along with many more monsters and characters from our favorite franchise has passed.

I didnt know if i should have put this in the film section or not, but as he is best remembered by most people for his work on the Star Wars Trilogy, I decided to put this here.

When Stan Winston died, I felt like the world was instantly a less magical place.

This certainly doesn't help. RIP.

This is extremely sad though he lived to the ripe age of 98. If only we could all live that long and see our creations rise, fall and then rise again for a future generation.

Very sad news. But it's great that a artist and craftsman like that got the proper recognition he did and continues to have. So often those people behind the scenes never get the praise they deserve. He died having made his mark in the world. :duff

Back