Hot Toys ED-209 Official Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pjam said:
Coming real soon. Can Not Wait! :D

ed20917od.jpg

Anyone heard anything about the release date?
I really hope it's not heading our way now or anytime soon. I have to sell my Freddy FvsJ exclusive on Ebay in order to cover some of the cost of this thing. I just need to get a hold of a camera to do so.

screamingmetal said:
I really hope it's not heading our way now or anytime soon. I have to sell my Freddy FvsJ exclusive on Ebay in order to cover some of the cost of this thing. I just need to get a hold of a camera to do so.

I think it's still a little ways away for us but Ed should be released in Asia very soon.

pjam said:
I think it's still a little ways away for us but Ed should be released in Asia very soon.
That's true. So this thread must be for the coming onslaught of pictures from the Asia release.
Can't wait to see them!

Actually, this is an all-purpose thread for the figure, one of the most anticipated figures this year and according to our guy Michael Crawford in his 12" Robocop review

may very well be THE FIGURE OF THE YEAR!

"I didn't order an ED-209, and I have to admit that I'm beginning to regret it. If the quality of that guy is anything like this, he'll be the figure of the year no doubt."

- Michael Crawford

I've already paid for mine - I got a package deal on Robo & ED-209 together locally. Already received Robo and very happy with him - can't wait for ED-209 to go with him.

I couldn't order him as way too many large pieces are coming 4th quarter. :monkey2

I'm going to be the most hated person in my family come this holiday season. I think whole meaning of "A Christmas Carol" was lost on me. :D

Sci Fi Metropolis are short on information, but they have some great projects. They focus mainly on 'Lost in Space' items, and have given us some wonderful renditions in 1/6th scale of the Robinson family and crew.

Check out the ED-209 they are working on. In particular, check out their Cain. As I said, short on information.

https://www.scifimetropolis.com/RoboCop Licensed Projects/thumbs/index.htm

creecher said:
Sci Fi Metropolis are short on information, but they have some great projects. They focus mainly on 'Lost in Space' items, and have given us some wonderful renditions in 1/6th scale of the Robinson family and crew.

Check out the ED-209 they are working on. In particular, check out their Cain. As I said, short on information.

https://www.scifimetropolis.com/RoboCop Licensed Projects/thumbs/index.htm

Uhm..... 1/2 scale to full scale.... How big would that make ED-209 & Cain.... unless they're talking 1/2 scale and full scale replica's of studio models... big difference between the two things.

We are pleased to announce that we have aquired the licensing for the half scale and full scale replicas from the RoboCop series. Below are initial images of the full scale RoboCop replica, as well as our completed 3D CAD renderings of the ED-209 and Cain replicas! MORE INFO TO FOLLOW SOON!

A 1:1 RoboCop?!?!? WOW! That's as impressive as Sideshow's 1:1 Terminator!

So, are they making 1:6 scale as well? A 1:6 Cain with Nuke would look great next to Hot Toys Robo and ED-209, but they're making those figures as well? How does that infringe upon the Hot Toys license? I really loved the HT figures but my only complaints were that Robo's helmet was not (technically) removeable and I would have loved an interchangeable Alex Murphy (with stretched face) head and the exclusive RoboCop 3 figure did not have his jet pack. I'd also like an Officer Ann Lewis.

Latest I've heard is that it's due out mid October. They are having a quality control bizzo going, so it may be delayed yet again.

QQB said:
Just got the news that out in Hong Kong today!

Can't wait to see your great pictures of him QQB, that is if you're getting it.

Please post pics from Asian boards if you can find some!

I'm going through two sources in HK to get this puppy. I hope to have one within the next 2 weeks. hehe

That means Sideshow should be getting theirs within the next few weeks and begin processing my order so I should have him by the first or second week of November.

decadentdave said:
That means Sideshow should be getting theirs within the next few weeks and begin processing my order so I should have him by the first or second week of November.

Yup. It is released in HK already. I'm trying to get my gf to try to get her sister to snag one for me.

And my friend in Singapore is trying to get one of his friends in HK to get one, too.

And I just entered a bid for one on Ebay.

Can you tell that I want one badly? Hope I don't end up with 3. LOL

Back