1/6 Marvel Comic Figures (petition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you buy 1/6 Marvel Comic Figures?

• Yes

Votes: 46 71.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 28.1%

• Total voters

King Kobra

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well Sideshow is making 1/6 DC Comics figures, I say we make the biggest petition we can and submit it to Sideshow, so they and Marvel can see there is a big enough market to start and support this line. Also submit your favored price point that you'd be willing to pay.

They've had the Marvel license for years, i'm sure if they could've made figures they would've.

I don't think they have the option to with their merchandising deal with Marvel, like how they don't have the rights to make Ultimate Universe products.

Would be interesting though. And good to have characters outside the ACU.

Depending on the characters, definitely. I'm more than happy with the MCU figures that HT has going at the moment though.

I would definitely prefer comics versions of the characters as the movie versions are rarely definitive (except in the case of Iron Man/Tony Stark/Monger and some of the Avengers... or at quite a few are close enough to pass as comics inspired -- unlike with the X-Men... I'd never buy any of the movie version characters as they all look boring). Ideally it'd be best if HT did them, though, especially for the human likenesses and tailoring. I'd buy an HT comics accurate Juggernaut, Dr. Doom, a lot of X-Men, etc, if it ever came to pass.

As far as prices, I'd be OK w/HT prices for HT quality.

No more Marvel figures. Just imagine all the comic Iron Man figures they'd make. If you think the *****ing and complaining is bad now, just imagine that with comic figures.

If one was picky, it'd be OK. I'd love an HT comics accurate Juggernaut. :monkey2

And just think about a Dr. Doom... :monkey2

i would get one or two over the course of the line and never bother with the rest.

1/6 is already pushing the scale i find reasonable to collect in. i just dont have the endless amount of room for it all...which sadly at the end of the day is the limiting factor in what i collect.

Last edited:
If they turned out looking essentially like articulated 1:6 scale PFs, this could potentially become a prolific and amazing line because not only could they tackle the heavy hitters, it would be easier to expand to B- and C-string characters that would never be considered for PF treatment. I would definitely like to see comic versions of Thor, Cap, Spiderman, Wolverine, Cyclops, Phoenix, Storm, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, etc. Some characters might pose a problem like Torch, Iceman and Silver Surfer due to figuring out a balance with the sculpts and ball joints. Characters like the Thing, Venom, etc. would likely need custom bodies and limited articulation. But I could really see SS developing a pretty extensive Marvel line. Plus customizers would be able to push the envelope even further. I think the biggest hurdle would be the price point. Collectors are going to expect a high quality level but once pricing gets above say $129 folks are going to start dropping out. Nevertheless fingers are crossed. And hopefully the DC line is going to continue growing.

As I keep saying with all of these new lines coming out - bring it. I don't have to buy it. But the more stuff we have to choose from, the better.

Comic Spidey and Wolvie :rock

:lecture :goodpost::pray::yess::hi5:

MCU have some great designs for it's characters! Judging by how good Joker looks, I can only dream to think how good some Marvel Characters would look. :lecture

Spider-Man (Red/Blue, Symiote, Big Time, Iron, Future Foundation, 2099, Scarlett)
Wolverine (Classic, brown, X-Force, Frank Miller Casual clothes)
Venom
Carnage
Doctor Doom
Doctor Octopus
Green Goblin
cyclops
Captain America
Thor
Daredevil
Deadpool
Kraven
Nova

(I could go on all day ...:lol:lol)
Hell, they could even include some Marvel Zombie's. :lol

Sideshow 1/6 Classic Comic based Marvel figures? (Like the 12" DC)

Yeah,definitely bought! get on it Sideshow!!...but don't stop making Joes just because

THOR.CAP,DOOM,IRON MAN,SPIDEY, yes!

Back