Custom 1:6 Vader base made from a wall clock!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scavnox

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi All!

So this is my very first post ever!

I thought I'd share pictures of my custom Carbon freezing chamber base for my Medicom Vader.

I'm no big fan of the tiny stands that come with figures so I decided to make my own. I love the moody atmos of the Empire scene so I've had a go at that.

Here's an idea of what it's made from. An old wall clock, a custom grill I had laser cut from a Illustrator file and an old Vader money box I stole the voice board from.

8444686323_295c40421f_z.jpg

The soundboard and speaker, minus unwanted wires. The two connectors that activate the sound would later be connected to a generic button.

8448894172_04e782513b_z.jpg

The 5m of LED's where stuck to a plastic circle I cut to the dimensions of the clock glass. They came with a handy power socket I later fitted into the base to connect to a 9v supply.

8448892214_cf0a98953a_z.jpg

Cut the gels to the same dimension.

8448889988_b27b41f66d_z.jpg

The base of the clock had handy spaces for the soundboard, speaker and separate battery pack.

8448895832_ae413a5f8c_z.jpg

Sprayed everything gunmetal and then a layer of matte black. Used sandpaper to bring the silver out on the edges.

8447811123_9800440925_z.jpg

And here's what I ended up with.

8445777458_72f104bbda_c.jpg

There's a switch in the front that activates an Imperial march and a Vader soundbite...

8444722491_ac22de3da0_z.jpg

Also there's a switch in the back to easily turn the lights on and off...

8444722957_ea47fbb53d_z.jpg

Here's a video of it in action...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pe9jaoGnWY&feature=youtu.be

Hope you like it, any questions welcome.

Cheers

Last edited:
Nice work! Looks great and the sound effect is great!

I used to have that bank; I can still see the lightsaber igniting and Vader waving it around :lol

Nice work, how much did the custom grill cost, if you don't mind me asking?

Wow that is awesome. Welcome and congrats on your first post. That is really nifty. I would love to more about it. I think I would like to copy you.

Well done, Scavnox. Looks really professional. I'd also be interested to know how much the laser cutting cost for the platform. Same idea could be used for the Death Star 1 wall lights for a nice backdrop for ANH Vader, I was thinking.

Thanks for all the kind comments and the warm welcome. I'll post a few more pics of the construction tonight for those interested in making their own.

Cheers

Well done, Scavnox. Looks really professional. I'd also be interested to know how much the laser cutting cost for the platform. Same idea could be used for the Death Star 1 wall lights for a nice backdrop for ANH Vader, I was thinking.

As I said it was just over £30 but the online place I had it done have got a special offer of free post until the 14th of this month!

https://www.razorlab.co.uk/

Back