How to display a photo print on a detolf?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GE 7

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I have bought a huge number of great photo prints from deviantart.com for my collection display Detolfs.

At the beginning I tried to stick them to the back of the Detolfs with some removable two sided Scotch tape but it didn't look very good and also it started to fall all over the place.

So now I am thinking about buying some light weight frames for the prints to preserve them and also to make them look better on the Detolf, I need your help on how to stick the f'n prints to the Detolfs, do you recommend anything stronger than the two sided Scoth that can be removed in future without harming the Detolf?

I have attached a photo of one of the display windows with a photo print on the back, I know it's small but that because I am planning to add another print for the Riddler next to it :).

Could you use one of those 3M removable hooks? They stick onto surfaces, and then when you want to remove them, there's a tab you pull to release them.

Maybe that would work

You can use a rare earth magnet and attach it to your print or frame and hold another magnet on the back of the detolf in order to "sandwich" the glass between the print/frame and outer magnet.

That should hold it in place and allow you to reposition whenever you want. It may be a good idea to put a piece of felt on each magnet to help protect the glass too.

Could you use one of those 3M removable hooks? They stick onto surfaces, and then when you want to remove them, there's a tab you pull to release them.

Maybe that would work

That's a really good idea I found a number of products on 3M site that can hold up to 1Ib like this

You can use a rare earth magnet and attach it to your print or frame and hold another magnet on the back of the detolf in order to "sandwich" the glass between the print/frame and outer magnet.

That should hold it in place and allow you to reposition whenever you want. It may be a good idea to put a piece of felt on each magnet to help protect the glass too.

Sadly the Detolfs are placed against the wall and there is no way that I can reach the back of them to place the magnet.

That's a really good idea I found a number of products on 3M site that can hold up to 1Ib like this

Sadly the Detolfs are placed against the wall and there is no way that I can reach the back of them to place the magnet.

All you need is an untwisted metal hanger and you're good to go. :wink1:

I use blutac. Works great and I'm even using it with a foamboard.
its like a sticky clay that sticks to almost everything. and its reusable.
I cut 3 small strips and put one on the left, middle, and right side. Then, put 3 more on the bottom just to make sure.
It works well. I think all collectors should have blutac, the is extremely handy.

Back