Preferred Lone Ranger costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Lone Ranger costume do you prefer?

• I like the new design

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Dynamite comics blue

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Dynamite comics red

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Classic blue

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Classic red

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I don't like any of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care about the Lone Ranger

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
Like many traditional Lone Ranger fans, I was disappointed to see they changed the costume for the forthcoming big-budget movie. Which costume do you think they should have gone with?

rangerl.jpg

From left, the new movie costume, Dynamite comics blue, Dynamite comics red, classic blue, classic red.

(From the pics above, there's not that much difference between Dynamite red and classic red).

Edit: This thread might belong in the general movie discussion section ...

Last edited:
I could see the comic version working. The blue one at least. No way the others would look good on screen in a big budget modern day blockbuster.

The movie suit is fine. It perfectly captures the generic summer blockbuster look.

It very well might. I don't know.

But my prediction is, it'll be Meh overall. Visually great. Acting will be good enough. But the script will be total ****, and only barely saved by the actors, and Gore Verbinski.

My prediction is that it'll be 'fun'.

All they really needed to do was follow the comic's lead. They would have had a great movie.

My prediction is that it'll be 'fun'.

All they really needed to do was follow the comic's lead. They would have had a great movie.

Definitely, that's some great reading. "Do you like the drapes?" With that being said, I'm okay with his new suit. Hopefully, they tie it into the story, what with John being the "city boy" lawyer and such.

It looks like they deliberately designed the new Lone Ranger to just be as generic as possible in order to allow Depp's costume to take center stage. They should have just titled the movie "Tonto and the Guy You Won't Notice."

johnny-depp-armie-hammer-lone-ranger-trailer-07.jpg

Personally, I love all of the outfits. I am curious, though. I know we're getting the movie Ranger from HT, but I wonder if we'll ever see the classic version by someone. My money would be on Go Hero!, as they seem to specialize in bringing those "pulp-y" and classic characters to 1/6th.

Personally, I love all of the outfits. I am curious, though. I know we're getting the movie Ranger from HT, but I wonder if we'll ever see the classic version by someone. My money would be on Go Hero!, as they seem to specialize in bringing those "pulp-y" and classic characters to 1/6th.

Yep, they'd be best equipped to do it. My Marx/Gabriel figures from the '70s are looking a bit dated!

Back