Star Wars: The Making of Return of the Jedi J.W. Rinzler

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slynger

Super Freak
Reaction score
I posted this on rebelscum a couple of hours ago, thought I would do the same here.

The third and final of the OT "making of" books is scheduled to hit October, 2013 and can be preordered at Amazon!

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/The-Making-Star-Wars-Return/dp/0345511468/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1359500268&sr=8-11&keywords=making+of+return+of+the+jedi[/ame]

The-Making-of-the-Return-of-the-Jedi-Cover.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Star Wars: The Making of Return of the Jeid J.W. Rinzler

Woo-hoo! Now I need to start reading them. :panic:

Also, he's been updating about it on his Twitter ocassionally over the past 2 years.

Still can't wait for this, though. These books are great. And it will be interesting to see how he weaves the Kurtz fallout and Lucas divorce into this one.

I picked-up the ESB book since it's my favourite but I've always had mixed feelings with makings-of/behind-the-scenes books. I find I'm less engrossed with the movies after reading them and trivia starts to intrude on certain scenes, so I'll probably be passing on this one - well researched as it'll undoubtedly be.

Nice. I still need to read my ESB book.

I picked-up the ESB book since it's my favourite but I've always had mixed feelings with makings-of/behind-the-scenes books. I find I'm less engrossed with the movies after reading them and trivia starts to intrude on certain scenes, so I'll probably be passing on this one - well researched as it'll undoubtedly be.

I also dislike knowing how things were made, it kind of kills the magic and you never reveal a magic trick! :lecture

At the same time I love the idea of those kinds of books but I tend to want to buy some like this one and end up rarely reading them, like 3 huge books for the movies, while awesome, is too much for me.

I was debating getting the Star Wars Chronicles by Deborah Fine instead.

To each their own.

I enjoy it simply because it shows how creative these guys were. On a movie that was suppose to barely turn a profit, they poured their heart and souls into it and created a phenomenon that will never die.

SW: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/The-Making-Star-Wars-Definitive/dp/0345494768/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361563313&sr=8-1&keywords=making+of+star+wars[/ame]

Worth every penny, and they display well.
IMG_0446.jpg

I got the Making of IV, V, and Indy for Christmas. I had no idea how in depth they were going to be. I've barely made a dent in reading them (albeit casual reading).

I'm about half-way through Empire but had to take a break, for a bit. Have enjoyed going through the book, though. It's very interesting to see how everything evolved and I especially enjoy seeing all of McQuarrie's art, but Empire will be the only movie I go into this depth with.

That's great news. I got both when they came out and am looking forward the this one.

I've been looking around on the "A New Hope" book.

I find it very confusing. I know that there is a paperback version and a hardcover version.

I've seen the hardcover version being listed as 372 pages. But I keep running into a hardcover version consisting of 276 pages. This one, the author is named Lippincott.

Is this a different version? I don't know which one to get...

:dunno

I've been looking around on the "A New Hope" book.

I find it very confusing. I know that there is a paperback version and a hardcover version.

I've seen the hardcover version being listed as 372 pages. But I keep running into a hardcover version consisting of 276 pages. This one, the author is named Lippincott.

Is this a different version? I don't know which one to get...

:dunno

You want the one by J.W. Rinzler, 372 pages

Back