Custom 1/6 The Bat-Bunker Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fan

1/6 addicted
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Update: 07-12-2013 Finished! Many pics on page 10 ...

66890a19ec97b4501c8625c3919191cd.jpg

Didn't expect it would be that much work, getting all the exact 1/6 proportions from the movies and some books together but now that this part is done, this is the first concept of what I'm working on.

Really love the puristic look of the Bat-Bunker in TDK and TDKR and I also love the Tumbler. I started thinking about a unique way to illuminate the Tumbler before so the imagination of displaying it in a 1/6 Bat-Bunker environment actually was the mayor reason that made me get the 1/6 Tumbler.
Didn't regret it but even though this Diorama will fit the Tumbler plus at least 1-2 figures I'm not sure if I'll display it like this or simply with a Bruce Wayne and maybe a Bat-Pod in the end.

Can think about it later on, as it's still a lot of work to do:

001bms.jpg

This is the first WIP photo, also showing the future user inspecting the progress... :lol More to follow soon.

Hope you like it! :yess:

Last edited:
Re: Custom 1/6 Bat-Bunker Diorama With Lighted Ceiling

Oh Crap that's awesome

Looks awesome man! Cannot wait to see more progress on it.

Thank you guys, happy you like it! Will post some more WIP pics today.

Last edited:

Got the custom SMD module today and made the first lighting test with the grid surface, can say that I'm very very happy with the result!! :)

002pis.jpg

003mssg.jpg

Turns out to get a very uniform and realistic illumination.

Last edited:

That looks fantastic. I can not wait for this!

This is a jaw-dropper! :thud::panic::thud::panic:

Insane man - well done! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Still a lot of work so thank you all for the positive responses! :) That really motivates me!

I cannot see the most recent update because of my stupid government work computer that blocks the randomess things so the suspense until I get home is killing me. I can't wait to see the lights in it.

I cannot see the most recent update because of my stupid government work computer that blocks the randomess things so the suspense until I get home is killing me. I can't wait to see the lights in it.

Understand that feeling :lol, waiting for parts to come is sometimes killing me.
The last pictures are just lighting tests atm to figure out which material leads to the best realistic result so the grid surface on the picture is only one of my partial test pieces atm.
The full-size one is on the way now, so I'll mount and show how this looks like soon.

Last edited:

got your pm..pm'ed you back.. will be following this closely!

Last edited:

Thank you!

Will add a typical Gotham road surface with 1/6 scaled road marks on the top. It's in a way logical, as the Bat-Bunker is is hidden under the streets of Gotham and this will be a nice space for additional figures or vehicles.

Made several small test parts for that in between and here's a first photo of the part with the final type of structure and painting:

004bnf.jpg

Last edited:
Back