How to remove PERS for painted eyelid mod....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skelzy

Freakalicious
Reaction score
With everyone in agreement that the single most effective mod is to paint the eyelids, can anyone who has done it give a step by step for removal of the PERS from the head? From the pics I've seen it looks like the joystick part inside the head is connected by some pins which is carefully pried apart but then I'm clueless from there. A
YouTube vid would be even better if anyone has the patience to make one. Any help is appreciated as I'm planning on doing this mod the day I receive my 1/4 HT TDKR..... Thanks ;)

hi
unscrew the plate with the "navigation" stick, take some fine pliers and pull the eyes out
i did it several times in 1/6 so you should be fine with 1/4 ;)

be careful

I think if you only want to paint the eyelids, you don't need to remove the pers. I would only remove the pers if I wanted to add a bit of putty for a squint look.
My advice for painting the eyelids. Get the acrylic paint, a toothpick and a magnifier glass. With an Xacto knife, make the toothpick end as thin as possible. Move the eyes of the figure all the way up and start painting using the toothpick as a brush. It only requires bit of pulse and patience.

Back