Detolf lights- what are you using?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENTRAILSofANGELS

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I just got my second detolf and am seriously looking into lighting these bad boys up!

What does everyone prefer? It seems the Ikea LED dioder strips and pucks seem to be the most consistently used. What are the pros and cons of each?

I'm thinking of nabbing the 4pc multi-color dioder strips. Anyone use them? How do you like them?

Sound off below!

Be careful when buying the multi colored set,as the wires are only 3 feet in length and it is a challenge to hide them.

Be careful when buying the multi colored set,as the wires are only 3 feet in length and it is a challenge to hide them.

Quoted for truth.. I have no idea about how I need to hide mine :/ The lights look amazing but for now the cables just hang there which sort of ruins it..

There are already three threads made for this topic on the first page. This is what you are looking for:

https://www.barlighting.com/4-Strip-Cool-White-Kit-p/4sk-cw.htm

I got a set for my Detolf. Looks amazing. Definitely needed for the most impressive display. I'd check out other's photos in here for other great display ideas.

Was there anything extra you needed to buy with this set or doe they fit in a detolf perfectly? I was curious of longer connection cables were needed.

Quoted for truth.. I have no idea about how I need to hide mine :/ The lights look amazing but for now the cables just hang there which sort of ruins it..

I hid the wiring and unit on the second shelf using Superman fortress.

IMG_3810_zps8a155e11.jpg

There are already three threads made for this topic on the first page. This is what you are looking for:

I got a set for my Detolf. Looks amazing. Definitely needed for the most impressive display. I'd check out other's photos in here for other great display ideas.

These look good. Anyone know if they are compatible with the Dioder cabling? My Besta's are screwed to the wall, so getting to the transformer and replacing it would be a pain.

I use the bar style Dioder, but i have two sets in Each Detolf. It means two per shelf, and a great spread of light.
Here are pics showing the wiring(With cable ties, the wires are mostly hidden on the rear rail, and i drilled a hole at the rear of each Detolf).
Here are pics of the lights and some showing the wiring(Although the wiring is not what people look at when they see the detolfs!):

IMG_2753_zps78e522e0.jpg:original

IMG_2725_zpsfeba2cf4.jpg:original

IMG_2703_zps4556bac0.jpg:original

IMG_2702_zpse9415a27.jpg:original

IMG_2622_zps0f57a09f.jpg:original

IMG_2620_zps9ea8cfd4.jpg:original

IMG_2621_zps90465101.jpg:original

IMG_2619_zpsd367fafe.jpg:original

IMG_2618_zps0df41fd2.jpg:original

Thanks for the close up of the wiring. I like what you've done. I e never been happy with what I've done.

Thanks for the close up of the wiring. I like what you've done. I e never been happy with what I've done.

I hate my Detolf being untidy. That's the only reason i cable tied all the wiring.
I have also since replaced all the blu tack i had previously used to dampen the glass shelves with those little foam bumper pads.
You can see them in this image:

photo-4_zps7e685e8d.jpg:original

Aren't the barlighting cables too short? Don't you need to buy custom interlinking cables that are longer to fit the detolf?

Back