Anakin Skywalker 12" action figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I don't get to review really bad figures very often - even mass market stuff has improved in quality over the years. However, that doesn't mean the awful crap doesn't still slip through. Tonight I'm checking out the latest 12" Anakin Skywalker from Hasbro - I'm warning you, it's ugly.

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

What is the point of that figure? What a complete miss there, Hasbro....

But other than the scale and being plastic they don't at all fit together.

Plus, the entire point of the GG line is having 12" versions of the vintage figures we had as kids (down to the packaging). If Hasbro is really trying to piggyback on that with PT figures then they're dumber than I thought. These have absolutely ZERO nostalgic appeal (if they have any appeal at all).

They are for 4 years plus at $13, not aimed at higher end collectors. I will get the Clone for my son to mess around with.

I must say, if there are any 1:6 scale "troop builders" those clones at $13 a piece are probably not bad to use for a bunch of background figures.

I must say, if there are any 1:6 scale "troop builders" those clones at $13 a piece are probably not bad to use for a bunch of background figures.

Yeah I could see that. Some guys with talent could make it look nicer too.

It's funny... I figured as a toy this could be a cool thing. Big 12" figure and practically indestructible. But, the in the pictures is just looks like ***; even at less than the price of a typical 8" figure it's still not a good deal :lol

As other's have said the Clones don't look as bad; and might be some fun for kids.

Plus, the entire point of the GG line is having 12" versions of the vintage figures we had as kids (down to the packaging). If Hasbro is really trying to piggyback on that with PT figures then they're dumber than I thought. These have absolutely ZERO nostalgic appeal (if they have any appeal at all).

They already did it with some success with the 3.75 inch "vintage" cards. Now instead of just emulating old packaging their doing it with the sculpts as well. Makes sense and is actually kind of cool.

anakinSkywalker1_M.jpg

This figure would look bad in 1977.

If its for kids then why not make it more articulated if its a knockabout toy? Its almost a cruddy statue.

Still, if you collect the BEST, then why not also collect the WORST. This is the clear winner for this year's Worst Figure.

review_bdanakin_large.jpg

i think i'm going to buy this figure just to cut & bend down his index finger so he's flipping a bird....then send it back directly to hasbro.......:yess:

What's odd is they went with a very specific hand gesture; but it's one I think only Kenobi really did. So extra work; but for the wrong figure :huh

I have to say that one thing I won't miss with the new world of Star Wars is Anakin Skywalker. While it was episode 1 where he was most annoying, he never did win me over, and I prefer to ignore his whiny personality when I think of Vader.

This.

I hope that if Hot Toys does release another Star Wars figure, it is NOT Anakin Skywalker.

This.

I hope that if Hot Toys does release another Star Wars figure, it is NOT Anakin Skywalker.

It probably will be. Although he (Hayden) wasn't very good I still want the Chosen One on my shelf. His performance in Ep. III was a lot better than II. Just some of his lines were really cheesy in EP. III
Maybe with better writing and direction Hayden would have been better.

Back