Play Imaginative- Avengers- Iron Man 1/6th MK VII diecast figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Super Alloy Iron Man Mark VII
Approx. Height: 30.5cm (12inch)
Approx. Weight: 1kg The Super Alloy Iron Man Mark VII features Tony Stark’s upgraded Iron Man suit as featured in the 2012 movie The Avengers. This fully articulated figure has the full range of movements and poses, and is made of 88% die-cast metal alloy, weighing approximately 1kg.

im7_01.jpg

im7_02.jpg

The Super Alloy Hall of Armor is where Tony Stark houses his Iron Man suits. Featuring 5 different lighting modes activated by remote control, it allows for ease of use within any display cabinet. With a die-cast metal back interior and base, the Hall of Armor weighs approximately 3.6kg.
im7_03.jpg

When the Iron Man Mark VII is positioned in the Hall of Armor, magnetised feet automatically activate lighting mode 5 for an impressive display.
im7_04.jpg

Comprises of at least 88% die-cast metal alloy
Die-cast metal mask, torso, arms, & legs
Battery operated lights for ARC Reactor, eyes
& palm areas (batteries included)
Magnetised feet automatically activate
Hall of Armor lights when placed in position
Armored figurine with 50 points of articulation
Ball-jointed shoulders for full range of
arm movements
Double-jointed body, bendable at upper torso
Fully articulated hands and fingers
Comes with a figure stand
Packaging artwork by Adi Granov

Info here-

https://www.playimaginative.com/SuperAlloy_IronManMk7/

Last edited:
Curious that there aren't any shots showcasing the articulation. Unless I've missed them? Official pics are CG - an odd choice for promotion material.

They have quite a few "real" pics in the other thread. Not sure why they're using those pics, unless the one shown still wasn't 100% done.

For example. This pic:

P1130155.jpg

I admit I haven't trawled through every page of that thread, but I haven't seen any pics showing any articulation at all. It looks good in a neutral pose, sure, but...

I guess, but it does say it has 50 points of articulation (whatever poses that translates into, I don't know :lol), so .....

eBay is the only option for this Singapore only release? Prices just went up about 25%

singapore only? Would love it if I am not getting the Hot Toys one already...but it costs $400sgd...I'll pass but I think I may look back and regret it

I dig the fact that they're having legit comic book artists working on the packaging (Jim Lee, Adi Granov, etc.); really nice touch.

My local retailer seem to think he will be able to get this in. But then we are just next to Singapore. Tempted to cancel HT M VII for this if it is the same with the prototype.

What's the quality of Play Imaginative figures? Are they on par with say Hot Toys products? That thing looks pretty legit....

They have quite a few "real" pics in the other thread. Not sure why they're using those pics, unless the one shown still wasn't 100% done.

For example. This pic:

P1130155.jpg

Beautiful piece! The in hand shots really show it off nicely!!! :clap

What do you guys think? This or the Hot Toys version? I think this looks like a better quality version being that's it's all die cast...

What do you guys think? This or the Hot Toys version? I think this looks like a better quality version being that's it's all die cast...

So many variables/unknowns to make an informed decision. All die-cast isn't necessarily the better option with such a highly articulated figure. All that weight has implications for wear on the joints, as well as whether the arms/shoulders can maintain their position in various poses. I don't know what people have been saying about the PI's batman, but that thread would be a good place to start to get the lowdown on how well their product holds up in -hand:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121588

MCToys review of the Allow Batman:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_120312b.htm

I never had a problem with HT being plastic, it looks fine. It's just the little fragile flaps and moving parts that make me nervous and wished it was metal.

Back