hot toys 1/6 wolf predator mask question and the stress putting the figure together

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gh0straid

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Sup guys this is my first hot toys 1/6 figure, very excited about it. However since it's my first hot toys I did run into some problem putting it together, so if guys know any technique or method let me know for future reference thanks.

but first of all can anyone confirm how the mask for wolf suppose to be put on? for me it seem like it just a slight push on kinda thing to make it stick oh his face only.

and here's my only 2 problems putting the figure together, everything else was easy to snap into place.. feel free to share yours I would love to hear them.

1. putting on his pant/skirt was hard, only way to put it on was to slide it up from his legs and as you go higher it got tighter and tighter, I got to a point where I feel like if I add any more strength pulling it up I might break his legs but I did got it on after not caring if I was gonna break his legs with all the strength I used lol. damage for putting his pants on, his leg got some paint chipped off not noticeable though. Why couldn't the pant/skirt have open/close clip just like his chest armor it got 2 clips to open and lock it in.

2. putting on his head was even more stressful than putting on his pant/skirt...I couldn't snap it in. I did tried microwave water for 2 minutes and dip his neck in the water for about 30 seconds and still couldn't get it in, and again I snapped and used all the strength I have and boom! it went in. Damage for putting his head on well 3 of his hair ripped off, gonna super clue it back on. I really have no idea why it needed so much strength to put his head on.

I guess for these things you just have to use so much strength but look what happened, 3 hair ripped off, chipped paint on one leg... being my first hot toys I didn't wanna risk breaking anything but I did anyway, For the price we paid we shouldn't have to go through such a hassle and stress.

Last edited:
I moved this thread to the A&R section as there are more peeps in here collecting the Pred pieces, so they should be able to help you.
x :peace

Drop his skirt in some boiling hot water for a minute, and pour maybe 1cm of boiling water into a dish and place the head in it neck down so it warms up the neck. And they would pop on with ease. Of course you can use a hair dryer to warm up these pieces too but the water method is better for rubber and plastic manipulation

and the mask is just pushed on to the face, no connectors. But wolf is not a figure ive ever had a problem with the mask coming off.

If you were going through a hard time you should of asked first before proceeding to damage :)

ok so boiled water, I only microwaved water for 2 minutes I guess it wasn't hot enough, I don't have problem with the mask coming off since it's just a push on mask and that's pretty cheesy to me, the most disappointing part for this figure I would say ...it should have snap into place kinda thing.

Thanks for confirming about the mask for me.

Luckily you don't have to assemble most HT figures now.

I actually always thought that part was pretty fun. Doubly cool because you get to appreciate every detail, plus you feel like you had a bigger hand it its display (like building a model).

one more thing I totally forgot to mention, I can't get his medical kit into place, should I add more force or what technique can i use here?

I got my first wolf the other day and except for the medical kit, I had the exact same problems. I lined the inside of the skirt with a dab of hand lotion (ewwwww) and it helped tremendously. Slippy slidey ;)... I did the blow dryer trick to the neck for about a minute and it helped just enough to work, then again I was probably so frustrated at this point that I applied a bit more strength than my first attempts and it finally snapped into place. When it finally happens, you just wanna hi-5 somebody, do a dance, and play some air guitar.

The strap that goes over his left shoulder has a tiny hole that should connect to a tiny tab on his chest armor, but it doesn't stay connected. May have to superglue that.

Since I buy these for display and have no intentions on reselling down the road, I cheated on the thigh armor and pulled the tiny little leather-ish straps off. My patience and big-*** hands saw the tiny little buckles and without even making an attempt were in joint agreement and said "nope". A bit of pea-sized mounting putty holds the thigh armor in place nicely, effortless, invisibly -- and removes cleanly if ever necessary.

Same with the bio... mounting putty, tiny amount works great.

After starting with the beefy, heavier, and much more solid-feeling Berserker, Tracker, and Falconer, these older guys seems sooooo fragile & light -- like they could snap in half or fall apart at the slightest touch -- but they display really well and are always a badass sight to behold.

Last edited:
Congrat! now you have Wolf in your collection.

even though I can make the mask stick to his face but I'm gonna go get some mounting putty =) gonna be a lot more with ease.

Back