spooktacular?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

creature4000

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay.. I'm new to SS this year.. the dying LOTR 12" line :monkey2 .. got me hooked. And "The Dead" line keeps me in the relm of horror.

Anyway.. can someone explain what Spooktacualer is and what SS does for this event? When? I'm assuming around halloween. ;)

Thanks.

*cough* Bring the Dead twice a year! *cough*

Spooktacular is great! My first was last year and it was a blast.... great intro into the Sideshow world... Prizes and lots of stuff to participate in... It could not be any more fun... :D

mlarsen said:

Ahhhhh YES!!! That was the first one (2004) and, believe me, hysteria was the rule during that week. I wound up taking off 2 days from work so I could focus -- tried to participate during work but "work" kept getting in my way. :monkey5 Many of us would join in chat to give each other hints on the quests and quizzes, congratulate on fellow members' wins (or commiserate for losing), take turns in scoping out the SS site for new orange banners and pop-ups for those great deals and freebies. Chicky and Chris were everywhere -- on the forums, in chat -- teasing and adding fuel to the fire. The prizes were unbelievable and mostly LOTR-centric. Even our Darklord Dave got into the act by offering some choice tidbits (I had to stalk him for 2 days in and out of chat so I could give him the magic phrase for a prize :rolleyes: ). Many bonds were formed that lasts thru this day. It was because of Spook that I decided to go to SDCC05 just so I could meet fellow forum members and the SS staff.

I cant wait til spooktacular, maybe they will put dream warriors freddy on sale for 20 bucks

DarkArtist81 said:
Spooktacular is great! My first was last year and it was a blast.... great intro into the Sideshow world... Prizes and lots of stuff to participate in... It could not be any more fun... :D
That about sums it up for me as well. I was pretty new to SSC collecting at the time, and I couldn't believe that a company would go to so much effort for it's fans. Picked up my first PF too, SSE Dracula.

yup.
love spooktacular.

hopefully there will be a few new horror products to celebrate it

Spooktacular is what made me realize Sideshow is a company worthy of my frothing at the mouth style of fandom.

The first year of spooky WOW!! I took off from work for it, banners were everywere with great discounts and even free stuff! I don't have much luck with the chat the whole "gimmie gimmie thing" and all so I prefered 2004 than 2005. It took a couple days to get out of that banner mode though and my computer desk was scary looking after it was all said and done.

My first was last year and it was awesome. I can't even begin to imagine what 2004 was like. Best time of the year.

Cheers
Yogie

Spooktacular = :wacky + :computer + :winkpumpk + :sleep + :slap + :rock

spookregular_300x150.jpg

I can't wait. :D

Yeah, that was just plain nuts. So many banners I think we all about went nuts trying to find them all. The prizes they gave away or the discounts on items just was play crazy as well. So many good deals to be had that I think if someone really wanted something they could get it. The one thing that kept coming up that we never want to see again is "Frankie". :lol As Rumi said a lot of the bonds on this board where formed during that time. I hope to participate more this year than I did last year in 05 but with work I'm not sure.

yeah, I have to say I enjoyed 2004's much more than 05's too.
Being thru the day at work I could hunt down banners on occasion, but last year I pretty much sat out cause I couldnt just sit all day and monitor the chat waiting on something to happen.

I would love it if they tailored it much more like 04's again

The first spooktacular was a blast I won 5 uni monsters for answering a trivia question about who played Frankenstien and trying to find the banners drove my co-workers up the wall. I am looking forward to this year's and hope to go looking for the banners again.:D

I agree, I think 2004 was much more hectic and fast paced and therefore much more fun IIRC. :wacky

Speaking of Spooktacular, doesn't that mean Chris' anniversary is coming up? What an interesting coincidence, I wonder if he's going to be on vacation this year celebrating. :p

Fritz said:
Speaking of Spooktacular, doesn't that mean Chris' anniversary is coming up? What an interesting coincidence, I wonder if he's going to be on vacation this year celebrating. :p
aw CRAP!
I got married on the 29th last year.
I'll bet Im going to miss it too :monkey2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back