IKEA LED dioder strips

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12202012058.jpg

Mine don't have that yellow tint. But keep in mind that these are the multi-coloured pucks and strips, so it's not "true white". I bought the pucks last spring and the strips a couple months ago.

Go with these. Get cool white and you won't have the horrible piss yellow tint.

https://www.barlighting.com/led4white.html

Appreciate the link man. I may have to try these first. Same price as IKEA. Have you bought from this website before?

12202012058.jpg

Mine don't have that yellow tint. But keep in mind that these are the multi-coloured pucks and strips, so it's not "true white". I bought the pucks last spring and the strips a couple months ago.

That's an awesome set up brother and I'm really digging the blue. It'd be great if I was doing a separate Dark Knight display. I'm not sure how it'd look with Catwoman and Bane when they arrive though. I'll keep them in mind because I do really like that color

I've got the Color Changing Dioders in My Billy :yess:

You can put 2 together or more like i did .
I neglect my Predators , so i stole their light :lol

Highly Recomended

Trying to take pics without the laserbeams LED's give off camera , sorry for the crappy pic

DiodierLEDLights002_zpsbc925a59.jpg

2 strips together for my Ahhhhhhhnulds
DiodierLEDLights003_zpseface9ba.jpg

DiodierLEDLights004_zps1b1b1195.jpg

There's atleast 20 different colors you can achieve by rotating the wheel knob , here's just a few

DiodierLEDLights005_zpsf9cb5aa6.jpg

DiodierLEDLights006_zps068fad60.jpg

DiodierLEDLights007_zps9486651c.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome looking Terminator display Mr. Ecko! That pic with the red leds look bad ***! Man, now I feel really embarrassed just posting my ghetto setup. :lol

I have read where the newer Ikea lights have the yellow tint. I was going to pick up some dioder strips myself soon. Need a second Detolf while I'm at it.

I live by Ikea's Dioder strips. How's how I have mine set up in my double wide Besta:
018_zpsdb55ec44.jpg

I had to make sure both sides were even in measurements. I drilled a hole in the far left corner (where it's not really visible) to make way for the wires. You can see where I drilled in back of Yoda. Hope it helps!:
017_zpse936595f.jpg

Those are sweet displays guys. Even though cool white LED is what I was looking for that multi color is really growing on me. To change it up once in a while.

Nitro - Are those the new dioder strips or are they the older model? I don't really see a yellow tint in your pictures but maybe it looks different in person.

I picked up those dioder strips as recently as 6 months ago from my local Ikea. They are paired with strips that I picked up a few years earlier for my upright Besta. They could be the older ones.

I do have the multicolor Dioder strips that I use for backlighting my War Machine and Iron Man busts. I have it set so they automatically change colors. I originally had it to change things up in my old 3 tier upright Besta...but constantly changing colors got old quick.

Saw these strips yesterday while looking for new shelves...they looked fantastic in the store displays....on my list for sure.

I picked up those dioder strips as recently as 6 months ago from my local Ikea. They are paired with strips that I picked up a few years earlier for my upright Besta. They could be the older ones.

I do have the multicolor Dioder strips that I use for backlighting my War Machine and Iron Man busts. I have it set so they automatically change colors. I originally had it to change things up in my old 3 tier upright Besta...but constantly changing colors got old quick.

Yeah if it was on a constant rotation of colors it would drive me nuts, but to manually change it to a different color is a different story. It's a tough decision because if I don't like them it's not like I can take them back to the store. Sadly the nearest IKEA is in Ohio. I'm in central Indiana so it's kind of a drive but might be worth it to get some detolfs and lights.

Yeah if it was on a constant rotation of colors it would drive me nuts, but to manually change it to a different color is a different story. It's a tough decision because if I don't like them it's not like I can take them back to the store. Sadly the nearest IKEA is in Ohio. I'm in central Indiana so it's kind of a drive but might be worth it to get some detolfs and lights.

It's worth it in your case if you have Detolfs or other displays (ex. Bestas, Billys, etc) to pick up in the process. What you see on the wall is pretty much what you get. To me, I like the regular LED dioder strips. They enhance whatever collectible that you are trying to display to give it that extra WOW factor.

I see everyone installing these horizontally on the glass shelves, but I'm wondering how it would look running them vertically down the metal frame of the detolf.

Anyone have pics of this?

I was thinking of running the strips down the front metal frame and have the wires go out the gap between the sides and front door. Hopefully that description makes sense.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Just a heads up....these are the new Ikea dioder strip lights compared to the old ones...

tytybysa.jpg

New type on the left old style on the right.

All I can say is avoid the new ones unless you want a yellow tinge off your collectibles.

I have brought the new ones back.

Can you get the light of the colour changing dioder strips to match the white light of the old strip?

Yeah that crappy yellow tint is what I got with the puck LED lights that I bought from Home Depot. So I went to my local Lowes recently and they now sell cyron multi changing lights and I like these much better. They weren't super cheap but they work really well. So far I really like them but I guess it's to early to tell if they will crap out on me or have any issues. I posted a link below with a few pics that I took over the weekend. I didn't have time for a lot of pics but I will post more later. Granted not the best pics, they were all taken with my iphone.

https://www.lowes.com/pd_913-24994-...WELAID=1755569723&kpid=4329105+&"cagpspn=pla"

D77E4840-C622-4C9E-A9AA-EC4E2BDFEBF6-2470-000000B3926B5AA4_zps12ca0808.jpg

83900337-A478-4665-8874-D9B7CEA1EBC9-2470-000000B38D24FE50_zps3ba93b21.jpg

90FFF63A-EF80-4D55-91BA-8FAD9D9BA722-2470-000000B38821730A_zps0110f407.jpg

0D8F7938-E4A3-45EB-8A6D-2EF526B7FACA-539-0000001D34B55B9F_zpse04735fa.jpg

Just a heads up....these are the new Ikea dioder strip lights compared to the old ones...

tytybysa.jpg

New type on the left old style on the right.

All I can say is avoid the new ones unless you want a yellow tinge off your collectibles.

I have brought the new ones back.

Can you get the light of the colour changing dioder strips to match the white light of the old strip?

Back