Brian Wood's All Female X-Men Team Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Snoopy

Dark Beagle of the Sith
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Comics: All Female X-Men Team Coming

Teased last week by USA Today, it's now been officially confirmed that an all female X-Men comic is coming and it will, ironically, be called X-Men.

"I'm definitely an X-Men fan, but I'm not deep into the world," said writer Brian Wood to USA Today. "I'm not a writer who's been writing it forever, so my natural instinct is to go basic and simple and to its core. Marvel takes a look at its spectrum of X-Men books and fills needs. This is the book that is like a traditional X-Men book."

"I feel like as far as the X-Men go, the women are the X-Men. Cyclops and Wolverine are big names, but taken as a whole, the women kind of rule the franchise. If you look at the entire world as a whole, it's the females that really dominate and are the most interesting and cool to look at. When you have a great artist drawing them, they look so amazing and always have."

Debuting in April with Olivier Coipel serving as the artist, the roster for the team will consist of Storm, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Rachel Grey, Psylocke and will focus on Jubilee. You can take a look at the cover for the first issue below. Will you be picking up the new series?

xx.jpg

Wood, Coipel and Martin. Yes I'm in for the ride. Loved Coipel and Martin when they had their run on Thor and Wood on DMZ and Northlanders. This sounds exciting.

I've always liked Coipel's art, but I'm not up to speed on my X-Men lore, I thought Jubilee had lost her powers. . . she regained them??

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think Jubilee is now a vampire(?).

Ah yes, a little bit of research (which I should've done first) tells me, you are correct.

Apparently, she was bitten by the son of Dracula.

:dunno

:lol

Wait a minute...I thought Psylocke was going to be leading the new X-Force coming out soon? I this information from the owner of the local comic store I go to.

That sucks. Haven't had any since her title ended. :monkey2

Marvel's about as sharp as DC when it comes to introducing spectacular female characters, and then not having a clue what to do with them (just ask Cassandra Cain).

X-23 is appearing in Avengers Academy, a Hunger Games style book. Psylocke is leading X-Force, but it's not an all female line up. Puck is on the team, and I believe after this first arc where Bishop is the "villain" he will join the team as well. Lastly, I am pretty sure Jubilee was not ever bitten to become a vampire, she was caught in a "blood bomb" in a cafe and infected.

Back