TDKR Bane Sewer Diorama UPDATE 1/30/13 COMPLETED PICS PG. 9!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iMan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all,

Pretty new here but I have been collecting for almost a year (Hot Toys that is) and I like to make dioramas for my figures. I am working on this dio (inspired by CTO15 since he did an amazing job on his):

bane-the-dark-knight-rises-villain_zps28c4e1ff.jpg
batman-bane-christian-bale-tom-hardy-the-dark-knight-rises-fight_zps49b6ec9e.jpg

I am aiming to make mine as screen accurate as possible so if you see that I missed something, let me know, it could be on purpose or that I just really overlooked it.

Design Sketch:

IMG_1003_zps9df07cc3.jpg

My supplies:

IMG_1002_zps64cffcce.jpg

Wood sticks for the railings

IMG_1006_zps1685bd71.jpg

Clear Japanese Silicon for the water effect.

IMG_1004_zpsf615a13c.jpg

Mesh for screen doors. It is too flimsy so I ordered some brown plastic mesh instead. Waiting for it to arrive.

IMG_1005_zpse4de6a8a.jpg

White foam core board

IMG_1008_zpsd8152743.jpg

Some type of hard black plastic board.

Last edited:
Re: Ah yes...I was wondering what would break first...your spirit or your body? BANE

WIP:

IMG_1007_zps0e881485.jpg

Reference photo for the size of it. The black is the size of the dio and the white is going to be the platform on top of the stairs. (Because of the top angle on the shot, it makes the dio look small but it is pretty big)

IMG_1009_zpsbfef5eb1.jpg

I copied CTO15 and made the bank of the wall first.

IMG_1027_zps870e9c42.jpg

IMG_1026_zpsf86f1b87.jpg

The back where the water will be flowing on top of.

IMG_1028_zpscd9a36ad.jpg

The top platform.

IMG_1035_zpse6d36b06.jpg

More work on the platform.

IMG_1034_zpse17a0fc8.jpg

Base layer done

IMG_1039_zps808e1e7e.jpg

Started the railings

IMG_1038_zpsbd493941.jpg

Vertical rails done

Last edited:
Re: Ah yes...I was wondering what would break first...your spirit or your body? BANE

More WIP:

IMG_1031_zps64f673d6.jpg

Covered the bottom with paper and painted it.

More to come...

Last edited:

Saving for finished pics.

Re: "Ah yes...I was wondering what would break first..your spirit or your body?" BANE

Looking good so far!

Re: "Ah yes...I was wondering what would break first..your spirit or your body?" BANE

I smell EPICNESS!

Re: TDKR Bane Sewer Diorama

Really cool man! And extra points for the step-by-step walkthough :clap

Thanks. I was actually thinking of making a tutorial on how to make it since it is actually not too difficult.

Thanks. I was actually thinking of making a tutorial on how to make it since it is actually not too difficult.

That would be great. I always say I'm going to attempt something like this but lose motivation because I never really know where to start. I'd like to get to the point where all of my figures have some kind of dio or custom display.

Wow. Great start.

Thanks man!

That would be great. I always say I'm going to attempt something like this but lose motivation because I never really know where to start. I'd like to get to the point where all of my figures have some kind of dio or custom display.

That is my current goal. I think it brings the figures to life.

Hopefully if I make another one, either for a board member or just for the tutorials sake, I can get the tutorial up and running if there is enough interest for it.

Just amazing!

Much appreciated!

Just a small update guys:

I finished the railings for the cat-walk section. I hope to get it painted up by this weekend.

photo1_zps5053c549.jpg

Back