Hot Toys IM3 Tony Stark figure??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yongkykun

Super Freak
Reaction score
Batfan08 posted this:

CD9ADBF6-1245-4C44-BCD3-C89F68C9835F-2736-000001FEB481514D.jpg

I spot Tony Stark in his IM3 getup, Mark 8 next to what seems like a Bruce Banner figure from the Avengers. A couple of G.I.Joes (The Rock!) and some other DC stuff.

What do you think of that Tony Stark? That dio he's on is rather big, right?

Getting an IM suit that you can put on a RDJ figure is an epic idea but do you think HT'll do it?

Batfan08 found it. As well as Hound. It's been posted in the IM3 Hot Toys Teaser thread, but that Tony Stark alone warrants a thread, I think.

I downloaded the photo and blew it up in Photoshop.....To the right you can see a table with an IM helmet and what looks like a blueprint. :)

Now that you mentioned it, yeah. Right in front of the armour display casket thingy?

BTW, where did you get that pic from? I find it funny seeing these so called (and watermarked) "CONFIDENTIAL" pics when we actually see them more and more often LOL Not so good at keeping secrets are they?

I don't think there will be an entire suit to put on the Stark figure. The engineering/design process behind that must be insanely complicated, not to mention how long it would take to just get the thing on and off. My guess is there's interchangeable hands - armored, not armored - and maybe interchangeable feet with boots/regular shoes.

Agreed. Like in the preview when the one glove flies across the room and attaches to his hand. There will probably be a helmet and a glove and maybe a couple of boots. But not an entire suit.

It'll be hard especially because he has a fabric shirt on him. But as snap-on parts, I reckon it can be done. Would add a bit of a bulk, but that's good because in some, if not all, of IM figures HT have released in the past, you'd be hard-pressed to believe that there is a man under there.

Edit: someone did it at a much smaller scale:
https://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=26027

I think it's doable.

Last edited:
I managed to fit the gantry... but ain't no way that IM3 armory/ workbench is fitting in a detolf. Guess I'm gonna have to rework the display when it gets made....

Bring 'em on though!

Sallah

So buying that im3 dio looking amazing such a cool centre piece, i missed the gantry so im in

I passed on the gantry but this seems like a must buy.I normally don't like civvie figures but this piece is really tempting.

so this will be basically like the mech test stark ;)
awesome dio.
definately see some helmets there plus the mk 48

Hot Toys posted it on their FB page tonight. ;)

I should've known... the 'confidential' watermark is nothin more than just a ploy.

I wonder what that display of IM helmets right above ED-209's dome will be for.

They are cosbabies. If you look closely, you'll notice that they have chibi/mini bodies.

I wonder if he'll be the first of these figures that we see? He seems to be the one that's most complete. I'll probably never buy them (though, it'd probably be the first non-DC line that I'd buy in its entirety if I ever won the lottery), but I think that the extensiveness of HT's fleshing out the Iron Man line has made it one of their coolest lines by far. Imagine having the whole shebang: The Hall of armor, all of the suits, Tony standing in the center with all of the dioramas and EX Hologram stuff around him. I'm not a particularly big Marvel fan, but that'd be awesome.

From that pic this is without a doubt the figure I'm looking forward to the most.

I know some/a lot of people will think oh here we go again more Ironman figures but another standalone Tony Stark figure is more than overdue and as a set I think this is a much better one than the original Mech Test version.

Really really looking forward to seeing more....

From that pic this is without a doubt the figure I'm looking forward to the most.

I know some/a lot of people will think oh here we go again more Ironman figures but another standalone Tony Stark figure is more than overdue and as a set I think this is a much better one than the original Mech Test version.

Really really looking forward to seeing more....

:exactly: i had no interest in IM3 line until the teaser. Another updated Stark would be welcome versus more armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back