Custom 1/6 scale Bronze Age Catwoman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groovy34

Super Freak
Reaction score
Im making this page now to be viewed as my custome page for bronze age catwoman

this version started in batman #266 1975 which was the end of silver age and begining of bronze age for catwoman this costume was retired when bronze age ended in the late 80's Which confuses me as to what jim ballent's catwoman would have been called since dc direct has her as classic catwoman since that version is not classic and more twords modern erra.

any who here is pics of her bronze age looks

2726153-selina_kyle.jpg

catwoman_classic_by_cinar-d300n62.jpg

16545_148981.jpg

with her pet panther Diablo

tumblr_madam40qLT1r936mfo1_500.jpg

1102561-catwoman_1.jpg

1338206811_batb-197-catwoman.jpg

Batman_Villains_01.jpg

I know people like the new comic,movie and BR phiffer but I wonder if their is any interest in a vintage 1/6
scale catwoman

images

Last edited:
Re: Interest: 1/6 scale Silver Age Catwoman

Can't see the pics, groovy34.

Edit: pics are working. Personally, I don't like the design much because it's somewhat Marvel-ish.

Last edited:

She won't look to comic bookish , Im making the costume and finding someone to do her cat o nine tails whip ,ill be adding wire to skirt and cape to pose and show flow. alot of marvel artist would moonlight In Dc comics. im hoping to slightly modernize her so people who have the dc direct figures will love her sculpt and those who dont want the vinatge 50's look but love the costume to have her as well.

head sculpt and hands a friend can do them and eather sculpted hair or ill be adding hair and personally curl it using japanese saran hair

I'll also see if we could cast Diablo since noone has done her panther yet.

selina kyle
d0c42161a4132aa9ae87188f6f04ee16.jpg

2rg2rlh.jpg

2w6xqc8.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Interest: 1/6 scale Bronze Age Catwoman

more reference pics of classic catwoman she had this costume for almost 40 yrs
bda79651f9c7913d8eb3c6b0ad68aa1d.jpeg

images
Earth 2 bronze age

batman2.jpg

i like these ear shapes

images

Last edited:

So far whip is finished

attachment

Last edited:

Love the costume on Megan Fox...
f2040268227264c8010ed18768a80b45.jpg

Thanks to your inspiration, groovy, I completed a DC Direct 13" custom of this incarnation of Catwoman last week, using their Classic Catwoman figure as a base, but making an entirely new costume (other than the re-worked Zatanna boots and Power Girl belt):

DSCF2799_zpsd3982e27.jpg

DSCF2800_zps07bc9022.jpg

DSCF2801_zps0aec11e4.jpg

That's my favorite version of Catwoman. I would pass on the more modern version SSC is already doing, but would probably buy this one.

That was exactly why I told Side show to possibly make a more classic catwoman because the New one is just boring and we have seen that one sooo much that its a yawn. I was on DC Direct on the same thing and they told me they have absolutly no interest in making golden/silver age catwoman.
So instead they made Jim Balent's catwoman and call it classic catwoman hoping that noone will notice this isnt't the classic catwoman. And on top of that in her comic that purple outfit was leather with leather thigh highs with whip sheath and her whip doesnt go into her boot so nothing was accurate about dc directs release.

Her classic is great

Good job on your catwoman warlock 664 wait until you see mine. I just got my stilletto bootfeet and pleather so making her boots and I just got this georgious purple fabric that is truly luxurious. I even found some green fabric with a satin like underside. So stay tuned.

Last edited:

That's my favorite version of Catwoman. I would pass on the more modern version SSC is already doing, but would probably buy this one.

I'm not a fan of the modern look either. The Silver Age and purple tights are my favorite looks for CW.

Re: Custom 1/6 scale Silver Age Catwoman

I just baught a phicen body in specialty hot toys skin color. medium bust since catwoman wasn't anima busted. I baught stiletto bootfeet to make her boots with. Someone is making my head for me so hopefully soon I will have one to show. I have add real bad so this waiting is killing me so I have been juggling about 5 different batman customs together. Im working on Batwoman,Riddler,Penguin,Robin,Batgirl. Since i have batman and buying joker that wontbe worked on

Im Still waiting for the head to be finished sculpting. In the meantime I had baught the fabric for dress i already had cape material from my own costume. Im still debting to have a belt because it seems more art is not consistant with belt
/no belt.

I may make her costume and hopefully reveal her sometime this fall. if you guys like my version contaact me I can put you in touch with sculpter and if you like costume i can make you a version since i baught a full yard. the cape not so much it's left over from my own costume.

Back