Does IKEA provide replacement pieces?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timelordscience

Super Freak
Reaction score
(hopefully this is the right section!)

I moved from Florida to N. Carolina and brought my 2 detolfs with me. After finally finding a new residence, they were sitting in my new place waiting to be assembled (didn't have time to do it right away since I've been swamped with work lately).

I had to house sit for a client for a week; I came home to find that my house had been flooded (broken water heater) and the unit's wooden parts (the top and bottom panels) had been submerged for god knows how long and were ruined. I was wondering if anyone knew if Ikea provided replacement pieces for the top and bottom panels as I still have the glass and metal structure/skeleton/beams. I don't, unfortunately, have an Ikea anywhere near me that I could walk into and inquire about it; I've tried emailing customer service but I haven't heard back yet - I'll probably end up calling them whenever I get some free time at work.

I was just wondering if anyone has had luck getting replacement pieces before from them? I know when I typed in 'replacement piece' into their little automated helper, she pulled up a replacement form but I had no idea what the hardware numbers and such were. I'm just wondering if I'm getting my hopes up that I can replace the two panels (well, 4 all together since it's 2 detolfs). I'd feel bad to have to get rid of the whole thing over a couple of panels!

(hopefully this is the right section!)

I moved from Florida to N. Carolina and brought my 2 detolfs with me. After finally finding a new residence, they were sitting in my new place waiting to be assembled (didn't have time to do it right away since I've been swamped with work lately).

I had to house sit for a client for a week; I came home to find that my house had been flooded (broken water heater) and the unit's wooden parts (the top and bottom panels) had been submerged for god knows how long and were ruined. I was wondering if anyone knew if Ikea provided replacement pieces for the top and bottom panels as I still have the glass and metal structure/skeleton/beams. I don't, unfortunately, have an Ikea anywhere near me that I could walk into and inquire about it; I've tried emailing customer service but I haven't heard back yet - I'll probably end up calling them whenever I get some free time at work.

I was just wondering if anyone has had luck getting replacement pieces before from them? I know when I typed in 'replacement piece' into their little automated helper, she pulled up a replacement form but I had no idea what the hardware numbers and such were. I'm just wondering if I'm getting my hopes up that I can replace the two panels (well, 4 all together since it's 2 detolfs). I'd feel bad to have to get rid of the whole thing over a couple of panels!

Potentially. I know they have replacement shelves but I doubt you'll get replacement panels. I think you may just be better claiming them on insurance.

Either that or be a real devil and tape the boxes up and return them.... :lol

Potentially. I know they have replacement shelves but I doubt you'll get replacement panels. I think you may just be better claiming them on insurance.

Either that or be a real devil and tape the boxes up and return them.... :lol

Unfortunately, we didn't have renters insurance so no claims (though our landlord was nice enough to supply some furniture we lost). I have it now but you know how it goes (foresight etc etc).

I'd feel bad trying to scam IKEA, haha. Maybe I can try to makeshift something.

I've gotten replacement parts for tombo doors from them so you may be able to get the panels needed. Good luck!

Yeah, when I called over to customer service (online), I was told I'd have to bring the panels to the closest store (4 hours away, ouch) to be able to get replacements. Unfortunately, they were tossed out with the rest of the ruined items in the flood so...looks like I'm stuck either trying to replicate the bottoms or finding someone who is selling them used near me.

Back