If they did another big bad...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Bads: which one would you like?

• Mayor Wilkins (Season 3)

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Adam (Season 4)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Maggie Walsh (Season 4)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Glory (Season 5)

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • The Trio (Season 6)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark Willow (Season 6)

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Ubervamp (Season 7)

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Caleb (Season 7)

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters

olvidadero

Chipmunk Robot on Ice
Reaction score
We have only one big bad from Buffy made into a 12 inch figure, The Master. If another one were to be released, which one would you like?

I'm not counting Spike & Dru (that were also made into figures) because they went from appearing as the potential big bads of season 2 to recurrent roles in the show. We also have Angelus made, so that one also stays out of the possibilities.

I made a list of pros and cons based on personal observations and factors that would make the figure a possibility or not (yes, it's a boring Sunday for me).

Mayor Wilkins:

250px-Mayor_Wilkins1.jpg

Pro: He was one of the most charismatic characters in the third season. Sarcastic, funny, sick and twisted. His relationship with Faith is great.
Con: We don't have a good looking Faith to be displayed with the Mayor, plus, it'd maybe make a boring figure even though the character is great.

Adam:

goodbyeiowa.jpg

Pro: He would make a fantastic looking figure.
Con: Personally, I think he wasn't really good as a season big bad. Plus, the fact that SSC would have to sculpt his whole body is the factor that tips the balance to the "no".

Maggie Walsh:

bclc.jpg

Pro: She could be counted as season 4 real evil.
Con: Big bads in season 4 were not as great as in other seasons. Maggie Walsh is no exception. At least to me.

Glory:

buffy_glory.jpg

Pro: She is probably one of the most beloved evil ones in the whole Buffy-verse, a fan-favourite stylish goddess who kicked ass big time.
Con: Her most infamous look is her in her red dress. That'd mean joints exposed or having to choose another outfit that wouldn't represent the character accurately.

The Trio:

Geeks.jpg

Pro: They were funny and original as evil-wannabes. Besides, the three of them were to some degree important recurrent characters in Buffy (especially Andrew and Jonathan).
Con: There's not a chance SSC would make a three-pack for these characters. But one can dream...

Dark Willow:

Dark_Willow_by_WickedWillow.jpg

Pro: There is an extreme need of a new 12 inch Willow (we all know why). A Dark Witch Willow would be a great chance to have a new human Willow sculpt.
Con: Will we really see a new Willow if the old "Matt Damon" one doesn't sell out? I hope so.

Ubervamp:

ubervamp.jpg

Pro: Actually, this wasn't a big bad at all, but since The First didn't have a corporeal representation (except for the bodies of those who died) I decided to include it. It was a great looking monster and would make a great looking figure.
Con: The same as Adam, they would have to sculpt the whole thing.

Caleb:

bigbadcalebio0.jpg

Pro: As it is the case of the Ubervamp, Caleb is not a season big bad, however he was the last great bad Buffy had to face before the final battle in the Hellmouth. The great looks of Nathan Fillion and the priest outfit would definitely make an awesome figure. Besides... "Firefly" customizers could kitbash him and make our long-anticipated Mal Reynolds.
Con: He was only in the show for like 4 or 5 episodes.

For me, it was hard to choose between Caleb and Glory. I finally picked Glory. She would be a best-seller! Anyway, I think I'd buy any of them if they were made :monkey3

I'm a sucker for polls, sorry

Last edited:
The MAyor Wilkins, EASY! And they could just have an alternate head where he's half through transformation.
The Mayor was the best Big Bad ever. Folowed By Glory and Angelus.

Caleb for me - and it's not just because I want one to make into a Firefly Mal - I'd want him for Caleb too. Caleb was an awesome Big Bad. Although he wasn't the "official" Big Bad of the season, Buffy could not fight The First in physical form and he was the next best thing. He represented to me the "corporeal representation" of The First. He was even presented, in a way, almost an equal to The First. Especially in that scene where The First blended her/his essense with Caleb to make him stronger. He was responsible for the death of many of the potentials, he whipped Buffy and Faith's ass with them both being present at the same time (and Spike there too) and the ultimate insult was what he did to poor Xander. I'll never forget that shocking moment! And the final battle with Buffy and Caleb was one of the best and Buffy's answer to the question what happened, "He had to split" :lol :lol was one of the best one liners of the entire series.

As for the character only having five episodes, well, I think if you added up the screen time that all the other Big Bads had I think Caleb probably ended up with more than some of them. Caleb was a huge part of those last five episodes and had a huge impact to the storyline. And even if his screentime minutes weren't as substantial as some of the others, quality wins over quantity any day.

Next would be the Mayor for me - he was definitely a character you loved to hate! I hope if they do the Mayor we get a new Faith to go with him.

I've always thought that Adam would make an awesome looking figure and would love an Adam - even though Adam wasn't one of my favorite characters.

Maggie Walsh would make a great figure if they did her as the Frankenstein monster she became after she was killed.

I don't know if I'd really want a Glory, I always kind of found that character more annoying than Big Bad.

I'd love a Dark Willow! If they ever do her, give us one with a neutral expression that looks like Allyson Hannigan so we can buy two and customize one to look like Willow.

And I would love an Ubervamp. Although I don't agree with you Olvidadero about him representing The First, I do think he was important to the season and was the minor Big Bad of the earlier part of the season, at least until Caleb showed up. I think this would make another awesome looking figure.

I wouldn't want the trio as a big bad set - I may be interested in a Jonathon and an Andrew as individual figures though.

And finally, although definitely not a season Big Bad, I'd love a Ted figure with the half human and half exposed robot face! I just loved that character and it was a great episode.

As for the character only having five episodes, well, I think if you added up the screen time that all the other Big Bads had I think Caleb probably ended up with more than some of them. Caleb was a huge part of those last five episodes and had a huge impact to the storyline. And even if his screentime minutes weren't as substantial as some of the others, quality wins over quantity any day.

That's a good point. Besides, they did Der Kindestod and The Gentlemen who were in only one episode. So why not Caleb?

And I would love an Ubervamp. Although I don't agree with you Olvidadero about him representing The First, I do think he was important to the season and was the minor Big Bad of the earlier part of the season, at least until Caleb showed up. I think this would make another awesome looking figure.

Well, I didn't exactly say that Ubervamp represented The First. What I meant was that I chose him as well as Caleb as substitute candidates since we don't have a First corporeal/standard look to be made a figure of.

I wouldn't want the trio as a big bad set - I may be interested in a Jonathon and an Andrew as individual figures though.

I would be very happy if Jonathan and Andrew were made. A "Storyteller" Andrew and a "Superstar" Jonathan would rock my world. However, getting them both, and not Warren... that would leave me with a feeling of unsatisfaction... are we still talking about toys? :rotfl

And finally, although definitely not a season Big Bad, I'd love a Ted figure with the half human and half exposed robot face! I just loved that character and it was a great episode.

A Ted figure, how great would that be? I'd also love a Clem... and so many many more.

I vote for Caleb. Apart from wanting to kitbash him - I think because alot of us would buy two it would get a figure out there with good sales for the buffy line - and help push MORE figures in the future.

Second choice is the Mayor and I agree we need a decent faith. I've never understood why the faith we did get came with the slayer scythe anyhow.... she never used it in the costume.... and she never used a crossbow either - she used a compound bow.... that figure was screwed up in just soooo many ways.

I have to vote Dark Willow. Adam would be a close runner up, but I don't really think they could do him as a standard 12" figure. It would have to be a totally custom piece and I just don't see sideshow doing this.

I had to pick the Mayor. Dark Willow would be cool to - but the Mayor was one of the best big bads of the entire series. He was hilarious!

I went for Caleb. I just have a problem with Preists (lol)!!!!
But a dark willow is a very close second while an ubervamp and Glory tie as a very close third!

But bring on Wesley soon!

And a Skip for Dave!:D

Caleb. His character was, to me, one of the scariest to ever feature on buffy (i find crazy religious people really spooky). Plus, getting a miniature nathan fillion is a bonus!!

I'd also love a mayor wilkins, but only if he had that huge smile on his face. Dark willow would be cool too.

Firefly Flanatic said:
I'd love a Dark Willow! If they ever do her, give us one with a neutral expression that looks like Allyson Hannigan so we can buy two and customize one to look like Willow.

Good point!

I voted ubervamp.Hes a great looking baddie.
Dark willow would be cool too or Glory.

Adam looks good but he's not my fav.
The rest are boring,maggie,mayor,trio ect.

But the master is my fav vlliain.

As much as I like BTVS I don't think I'd buy any of them. The only "bads" I want at this point are The Judge and Sweet.

[(i find crazy religious people really spooky). /QUOTE]

I find crazy non-religious people just as spooky!!!! :)

Great thread topic! It was hard to vote for just one... I think they would all be great... except for perhaps Maggie Walsh.

I think a Dark Willow (if done right) would be the biggest seller. A Mayor Wilkins would be a lot of fun, as well

However, the Firefly flanatic in me (sorry, FF :cool: ) FORCED me to vote for Caleb. I NEED to have Nathan Fillion rendered in plastic by Sideshow.

I'll take him ANY WAY I CAN!!!:D

I definitely want a Dark Willow. That would be my #1 choice for the next figure period. But in regards to "Big Bad", as a character I thought the Mayor was great. Caleb would be a cool figure as well. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how Adam or an Ubervamp would translate into a 12" figure.

Dark Willow.

Firefly Flanatic said:
...give us one with a neutral expression that looks like Allyson Hannigan so we can buy two and customize one to look like Willow.
I hear what you're saying, Firefly Flanatic but, Dark Willow is condescending and scornfully arrogant, while Willow Rosenberg is charmingly naive and playful. I'd prefer a sculpt that accurately captures the personality of the character rather than a bland substitute. Change-O-Heads™ would be the solution, albeit an unlikely one.

dww.jpg

Back