PDA

View Full Version : Superior spider-man #1

Antman84
01-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Hi

Just read it thought it was a great start, after the ending of amazing spider-man things are looking bright story quality :)

JamesHBK
01-18-2013, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I agree. I really enjoyed Avenging Spider-Man 15.1 also, particularly the artwork.

Loved how Superior Spidey 1 ended. :yess:

Antman84
01-19-2013, 11:19 AM
Yeah I was really happy with the ending this is going to be a really interesting time for spidey stories

xYx
01-19-2013, 11:10 PM
It felt wrong having Otto have any kind of relationship or even interactions with Mary Jane. Just don't sit well with me...

Agent23
01-20-2013, 05:26 PM
Pretty good read, and I liked the ending as well. I may stick with it and see how things unfold.

Rockstars721
01-25-2013, 07:54 AM
Anybody read Avenging #16? Thought it was awesome having Ock Spidey interact with Rachel Grey, panicking the whole time that she would read his mind and figure things out.

Antman84
01-26-2013, 01:26 AM
Anybody read Avenging #16? Thought it was awesome having Ock Spidey interact with Rachel Grey, panicking the whole time that she would read his mind and figure things out.

Yeah it was a good touch will be interesting as there are so many characters that would be able to tell its not Peter Parker.
I think it's only so long this could last

dalbelo
01-30-2013, 01:45 PM
I thought Sup Spidey 1 was good until the last page. They finally bring somthing new to the table throughout the entire book, we finally see somthing cool, different, unique... and then the last page said to me, nope! We are going to bring him back and not let him change! I still like the book overall, but I was excited for the change, only to find out its not a change. I picked up #2 today, well see how it goes from here.

Antman84
02-03-2013, 04:26 AM
Just read superior spider-man #2 and although I'm enjoying it I do feel that this story can only go on a limited amount of time. It's only do long before somebody works him out

Duck
02-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Anybody have any of the digital codes for these that they don't want?

Antman84
02-11-2013, 06:13 AM
I don't have any codes sorry I get them from eBay

Did anybody see the may solicitations ?

superior spider-man no more looks like Peter Parker is back that didn't last long

Duck
02-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Are you able to get them for decently cheap? I'm just so unsure of this series and don't want to drop 4 bucks a issue if I won't like it. Damn marv make your books 2.99 like almost everyone else :lol

dalbelo
02-11-2013, 01:08 PM
DC and Marvel both make their big name titles 3.99, the non big name ones are 2.99. I think the Superior Spiderman is DEFINATELY worth it. The story has been great so far with nice little twists since its now Doc Oc and not really Pete. Issue 1 was great all the way to the end and the last page made it kind of questionable as to is this going to be the same as it has always been, or will it change. Now that issue 2 and 3 have been put out, it is much better than I thought it would be! Some other great NOW titles in my opinion would be All New Xmen and Thor. Id say Those and Spidey are 3 of the best out. I recommend just buying the actual issues, ou can get the digi codes from them and sell the issues later on for much more than you paid and youll have the digi to keep. At the rate Sup Spidey is selling, youll break even and get the digi to keep at the least.

Antman84
02-11-2013, 02:38 PM
I've seen digital codes for as low as 2.00 dollars there's a superior spiderman issue one on eBay now for 2.25 Canadian dollars not sure exchange rate

Duck
02-11-2013, 03:52 PM
DC and Marvel both make their big name titles 3.99, the non big name ones are 2.99. I think the Superior Spiderman is DEFINATELY worth it. The story has been great so far with nice little twists since its now Doc Oc and not really Pete. Issue 1 was great all the way to the end and the last page made it kind of questionable as to is this going to be the same as it has always been, or will it change. Now that issue 2 and 3 have been put out, it is much better than I thought it would be! Some other great NOW titles in my opinion would be All New Xmen and Thor. Id say Those and Spidey are 3 of the best out. I recommend just buying the actual issues, ou can get the digi codes from them and sell the issues later on for much more than you paid and youll have the digi to keep. At the rate Sup Spidey is selling, youll break even and get the digi to keep at the least.

Yeah I wish I could buy the actual copies, but I don't really have a comic store close by anymore. With the way gas prices are it would be cheaper just to buy them digitally :( Idk I'm still on the fence about this book. I'm debating on getting into this series or going back to Ultimate Spiderman since I absolutely loved what they were doing with it when I got away from comics for a bit. That being said I wonder if the Mods will allow me to make a thread where we can either sell or trade or give away our digital copies. I have some just sitting around here collecting dust.

Antman84
02-11-2013, 04:19 PM
I tried creating a thread but there wasn't that much interest I managed to find somebody and get my codes weekly.
Ultimate spider-man is heating up as the venom wars are just beginning :)

Duck
02-11-2013, 04:23 PM
I tried creating a thread but there wasn't that much interest I managed to find somebody and get my codes weekly.
Ultimate spider-man is heating up as the venom wars are just beginning :)

I saw that! I love me some Venom. I just picked up Ultimate spiderman 15 and 16 for 3 bucks on ebay :rock Ill have to find your thread and see if we can get some interest going.

Antman84
02-11-2013, 05:13 PM
It's in the want to buy section I think it's a good idea it halts the cost of comics for both people

Antman84
02-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Looking at it might be worth starting a new thread as an open one so that people can post their weekly wants

Duck
02-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Looking at it might be worth starting a new thread as an open one so that people can post their weekly wants

Yeah I think I will post one in the Printed word section. If the mods feel like it needs to be moved so be it, but I figured since I will probably just give some codes away and I'm sure a few other people might it doesn't have to be in the WTB section.

Antman84
02-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Yeah that sounds like a good idea

Duck
02-12-2013, 08:07 PM
Just picked up the first two issues for less than one issue. Won't get a chance to read them tonight, but hopefully get a chance tommorow. Never even thought about going on ebay to buy digital codes :lol

Iggyrox
02-12-2013, 08:14 PM
This is a good title. Love the twists and character studies. Can't wait for the next issue!

Antman84
02-13-2013, 07:22 AM
I'm looking forward to the next issue also really enjoy avenging spiderman now Christopher yost is the permenant writer

dalbelo
03-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Did anyone read Superior Spidey #5???!!! Omg it was AMAZING! (No pun intended) Finally, the change I was hoping to see with Oc as Spidey!!!! This issue could not have been better!!!! :yess:

xYx
03-09-2013, 02:45 PM
^It was a good read, Otto finally did something to tip the scale. Also really interested in the future interactions of Otto & Norman.

Desamo
04-15-2013, 07:58 AM
Im waiting to get Superior Spiderman comics issue 1,5,6 and 7. My friend ordered them to me last week.
Here is cool preview of Superior Spiderman 8.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=77419
Superior Spiderman is getting more interesting issue after issue.

lerath666
04-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Loving it so far. I REALLY need to get caught up on normal spider-man comics. REading through them fairly slowly. I'm back in the 70's I THINK.

JamesHBK
04-29-2013, 09:58 AM
Can't wait for issue 9! And the C2E2 panel has pumped me up even more for the future of Superior Spidey ... (And Superior Carnage).

Superior Spider-Month is gonna rock. :rock

JamesHBK
05-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Issue 9 ... :thud:

dalbelo
05-08-2013, 04:51 AM
I thought issue 9 was great! Why the hate?

Kabukiman
05-08-2013, 08:09 AM
I thought issue 9 was great! Why the hate?

Because every Spider-Man fan's favorite character was blinked out of existence? "It's just comics", so I know he'll be back eventually, but until then, I've lost all interest in this story. It should have been an arc that lasted a few issues, but now it's really tired and not interesting at all to me anymore and doesn't seem like it's going to end any time soon.

Vincenzo330
05-08-2013, 09:59 AM
This issue was a hard one to swallow.

It was a great read and I especially loved the homage to old Ditko books (the crumbling buildings metaphors etc.) but up until now we've had the presence of the real Peter so it's remained a Spidey book... now I just don't know.

I know from solicitations that this will be the status quo until at least #17 (when 2099 shows up) but our "out" has been erased so I really can't figure out what Slott has up his sleeve at this point.

I'll stick it out a while longer but they're very close to COMPLETELY losing another life-time fan.

Antman84
05-08-2013, 10:54 AM
I liked issue 9 I think that it's going to bring about some interesting stuff due to it to now having none of peters memories. Also it explained that the ghost was the memories and not a ghost

JamesHBK
05-08-2013, 02:38 PM
I really enjoyed it! It was a great story, that really outdone ASM 700 for what they both meant. As far as not having Peter's memories anymore goes, Avenging Spider-Man hasn't had them at all (except for a few panels in issue 19) as has been better than the main Superior line, imo. :lecture

As for right now, I don't see Peter ever returning, which will make his inevitable return all the better!

The bigger the downfall, the sweeter the triumph. :lecture

darthkostis
05-09-2013, 12:37 AM
While having Peter be gone is kinda hard to swallow i'm really enjoying the book. It's my favorite at the moment due to the awesome art and stories.I can't wait to see what the future holds for Otto. I always found Ock a sympathetic villain and i really hope in the end he becomes a hero and he and Peter are not enemies anymore. I'd hate for this to end up like any other mind swappin story. The good guy comes back, kicks the bad guys *** and it's all well.

krec9
05-09-2013, 06:10 AM
Story just sounds like **** Peter will be back around Amazing Spiderman 2

Mr Walker
05-10-2013, 01:01 AM
While having Peter be gone is kinda hard to swallow i'm really enjoying the book. It's my favorite at the moment due to the awesome art and stories.I can't wait to see what the future holds for Otto. I always found Ock a sympathetic villain and i really hope in the end he becomes a hero and he and Peter are not enemies anymore. I'd hate for this to end up like any other mind swappin story. The good guy comes back, kicks the bad guys *** and it's all well.

Really, because I've been finding the art to be a bit of a let down.

Story's crap as well.

darthkostis
05-10-2013, 02:16 AM
While the overall premise of the story is kinda of old, the situations Ock finds himself in are interesting. Think of it more as the episode of the week and less than the groundbreaking movie of the month. I liked the art more at the beginning, but Ramos's art while far too anime-y and cartoony, has a certain charm to it. The book is fun and it entertains me and that's all i care about. Snyder's Batman leans more to the serious side but that doesn't stop me from enjoying both books.

JamesHBK
05-10-2013, 03:46 PM
My favourite title at the moment too! :lecture
(That or Avenging anyway).

However, I would prefer Ock to be a villain should Peter ever return. Issue 9 was great. Ock vs Spidey is always intriguing. Stegman has been great I think. Very dynamic art. Issue 9 was by far his strongest contribution though. Love his design for Otto.
But for the Superior Spidey costume, no-one can touch Paco Medina. Just amazing. :thud:

By the way my fellow arachnophiles, there is a great interview on marvel.com about issue 15 & 16. Costume looks awesome. Taken from the Alex Ross design. You guys should check it out. :lecture

:wave

dalbelo
05-16-2013, 06:30 AM
Spoiler if your reading Age of Ultron and Sup Spidey

Im just going to think way out of the box, but what if this "big event" that marvel keeps on talking about that will change the current Marvel Universe in AoU with the whole time traveling deal will make Spidey Pete again? Just a thought.