Ikea - LACK Shelves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends what your putting on it.

The LACK shelves would be fine for Hot Toys. The are the floating type if I remember because I put 2 up in my baby room.

I wouldn't put a statue on there if you paid me though. The frame is solid but the actual wooden piece is weak chip board.

I use the 12" Lacks ($7 a pop) to display my CO Tardis collection. They're only rated for 6lbs max load, but that's fine for the Tardises and should be fine for most 12" figures as well.

tardisstairs.jpg

I also have four of the 75" Lacks ($20 each) that I use for other stuff and as long as they are installed correctly and go into at least one stud (ideally more of course) they should hold up to 70lbs.

I have had good luck finding them in As Is, especially the 12" ones which is a nice way to save a few bucks.

Last edited:
I have to agree with Duck of Death...make sure you bolt it onto at least 1 stud.

Here's how I have mine setup right now. It's real sturdy. I even have about 40 Gunplas displayed on one of the long Lack shelf and about 12 9" Vinylmations in their boxes on another.

Wall.jpg

I recall IKEA revising their Lack shelves. I bought 2x of the 1st version and that one sucked! It's not as sturdy as their latest/current revision of the Lack shelves.

Back