Ikea - LACK Shelves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$20 is cheap for someone who doesn't want to make their own plan of wood to mount to a wall. :lol

But I bought hipster glasses just for going to Ikea. I can't wear hipster glasses at Walmart!

Depends what your putting on it.

The LACK shelves would be fine for Hot Toys. The are the floating type if I remember because I put 2 up in my baby room.

I wouldn't put a statue on there if you paid me though. The frame is solid but the actual wooden piece is weak chip board.

I use the 12" Lacks ($7 a pop) to display my CO Tardis collection. They're only rated for 6lbs max load, but that's fine for the Tardises and should be fine for most 12" figures as well.

tardisstairs.jpg

I also have four of the 75" Lacks ($20 each) that I use for other stuff and as long as they are installed correctly and go into at least one stud (ideally more of course) they should hold up to 70lbs.

I have had good luck finding them in As Is, especially the 12" ones which is a nice way to save a few bucks.

Last edited:
I have to agree with Duck of Death...make sure you bolt it onto at least 1 stud.

Here's how I have mine setup right now. It's real sturdy. I even have about 40 Gunplas displayed on one of the long Lack shelf and about 12 9" Vinylmations in their boxes on another.

Wall.jpg

I recall IKEA revising their Lack shelves. I bought 2x of the 1st version and that one sucked! It's not as sturdy as their latest/current revision of the Lack shelves.

Back