Custom Cyberdyne shootout, This is not the Hot toys arnold

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordRagnar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all, finally doin a custom for my own collection, ive been piecing this together for a while and like most kitbashers or modelbuilders, as soon as you get a custom together a major manufacturer goes on to release the very thing you were creating. . . . ahem Hot Toys

So anyway, Im using the KP muscle body(awsome body!)

I casted the Neca Termie head(for my own uses,not for sale)

COO models grenade launcher

A generic chinese manufacturer minigun

COO models traveler set(for the duffel bag)

Costwald collectables had a "Biker leather outfit" that im using as well as an old sideshow belt.

Ive repainted the head and will repaint all the weapons as well as take you through the weathering stages for Arnolds biker gear.
Heres some pics of everything laid out and work is comencing on the grenade launcher first.

Heres a couple of shots of the head i have painted, im pretty happy with it, although i may tweak it a little. In my opinion this Neca sculpt is one of the best out there, I would love to know who sculpted it so i could convey "mad props" to them :clap:clap:clap

Nice work on your custom, it can be more rewarding doing it your self, looking forward to your progress. I to have a custom in the works of the t3 t-850 battle damage, I don't have all the parts yet but maybe this week sometime I will.

Yeah I totally get the "satisfaction" of making a custom.

Looks good so far :)

Aw thanks guys, and yes it is very rewarding to have a one of a kind, and it offers a freedom that a stock figure just doesnt.
Id love to see that battle damaged T-850!
Heres some pics of the minigun, before painting and the wood grain work done on the grenade launcher

Here is the minigun after some paint treatment, i say treatment because its really just some washes and drybrushing

My girlfriend has been gracious enough to let me paint all day so here are some "before" pics of the clothes and bag

And here are some pics of the bag and clothes after a little distressing and weathering powder treatment, also theres a pic of the neck and forearms in paint progress to match my paint on the head

Aw thanks guys, and yes it is very rewarding to have a one of a kind, and it offers a freedom that a stock figure just doesnt.
Id love to see that battle damaged T-850!
Heres some pics of the minigun, before painting and the wood grain work done on the grenade launcher

Yeah I'm looking forward to your project, I like seeing custom work like this. Its good as I can get ideas for my customs, My t-850 battle damage will take about a week to complete, I'm currently awaiting parts to get started, so far I have recevied the t-3 leathers, t-shirt, and machine gun. I'm awaiting the head and boots, the rest of the parts I have already laying around. The only thing that I'm trying to figure out is where to get an endo leg:panic:

An endo leg hmmm. . . . .dont forget about Horizon hobbies vinyl endo kit, it was 1/6 scale, a little hard to get but sometimes you can find it cheap on ebay(dear lord) , Also i believ a company called argonauts produced a 1/6 endo model kit, and im pretty sure you may be able to find an old toy grade figure that might have a pretty usalble endo leg.

Heres some pics of the almost finished blooper and some pics of the costume on the figure, still got some minor futzing and detail work to do, as well as the feed chute, i may use a watch band(the metal elastic kind) as the feed chute asd all the diff vinyl and rubber ones i have just look silly, evan with painting, of all four of the minigun customs ive done here the best ones were with watch bands.

Thanks Centurion, and The Skull and Sparkstron 73! Ive been wanting one of these and piecing this figure together for so long, I also got my NEW Hot Toys t-800 cyberdyne shootout, That one will stay minty fresh in its box, this custom will grace my limited shelf space

oops, let me try that again, i thought i rotated them all correctely, ahhhh stupid computer, always being smarter than me!

ahhhh i give up, im sorry guys, i can swing a paintbrush ocaisonally, but i am defeated by my own laptop:(:monkey2

More pics coming soon, and they will be facing the right way. . . . promise:monkey1

Wow lordragner that looks really good, love the weathering work as well as the wood grain paintjob you did on the blooper:clap Looks like it was a fun bash and will look bad@$$ on the shelf, I would love to see bigger pics of this, you should open a photobucket account for free so you can post bigger pics.

The only thing that stands out to me is the eyebrows, I think they may need to be darkened abit, not sure though as it may be the flash.

Congrats on getting your hot toys dx10:hi5: Its an awesome figure:)

Thanks for the ideas for hunting down the endo leg, Its gunna be a ***** I think, alot of my parts for the t-850 bash should arrive tommorrow so maybe I'll get started soon.

I know right! once i started looking at the pics i realized the eybrows dont look right, Im so proud of the fig that i think i may re-repaint the head lol , and yes im still experimenting with the photography, im a bit of a tech idiot. Ill post some better pics in tyhe next couple of days, as well as the new re. . .repainted head lol:rotfl

Alrighty, here are some more pics of the body and main items, still working on a more realistic feed chute, and i started stripping the head for a new, "mo betta" paint job.

Back