Influence of LED lights on figures? Help needed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cingen

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm considering getting some multicolored LED lights to illuminate my figures in a detolf stand, but I'm sort of worried about the effect light will have on them..

Does anyone know if colored LED lights (The ones from ikea specifically) may cause damage or discoloration on Hot Toys figures? Incase colors matter (wich sort of wouldn't surprise me): I'm planning to go for a blueish hue (I want the lights more for atmosphere than for visibility).

Also, would the amount of time the lights shine on the figures make a big difference? As in, let them be on 24/7 or only at night?

Thanks in advance!

Hey all!

I'm considering getting some multicolored LED lights to illuminate my figures in a detolf stand, but I'm sort of worried about the effect light will have on them..

Does anyone know if colored LED lights (The ones from ikea specifically) may cause damage or discoloration on Hot Toys figures? Incase colors matter (wich sort of wouldn't surprise me): I'm planning to go for a blueish hue (I want the lights more for atmosphere than for visibility).

Also, would the amount of time the lights shine on the figures make a big difference? As in, let them be on 24/7 or only at night?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, actually the LEDs color doesn't matter, as in a "white" LED you actually even have the almost the whole spectrum of visible colors ;)
Actually regular LEDs are a good choice, colored or not, as they normaly do not emit UV light, which would actually be the problematic part of the light in regular bulbs for example, causing damage to the material they shine on over the time.

https://www.ehow.com/facts_7552324_do-leds-emit-uv.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies! I was thinking the same, but I recall reading a post somewhere on these forums about LED lights actually having a bad influence on figures too, but as big as other light sources but still an influence.. Guess it's a go then for the LED lights :)

Back