PDA

View Full Version : Anyone order from Big Bad Toy Store??

JAWS
01-05-2013, 11:12 AM
How happy were you with them?

Thanks in advance.

BadMoon
Used to. Never had a problem.

UTtoyfan
I've ordered from them many times! No problems whatsoever.

Anthos
01-05-2013, 11:13 AM
They're prices are usually on the higher side but good service. On the off chance I yad a broken item getting a replacment was never a hassle.

JAWS
01-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks guys. They have a good price on a Reg Terminator PF and I am thinking about picking it up.

Thanks again!!!

DarthChrisDK
01-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Only heard positive things about them.

supermasterhulk
01-05-2013, 11:40 AM
they are very good and they package the items very well.

Legendary Hunter
01-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Ordered from them since 2002, items are always packed well and customer service is great. No complaints.

Shanester
01-05-2013, 11:44 AM
BBTS is great. Very collector friendly.

jimmie_dimmick
01-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Since I live in California and have to pay taxes on figures, I use BBTS all the time. They package their items better than SSC and have great CS.

Darth Waller
01-05-2013, 12:25 PM
BBTS is great!

rnbuda
01-05-2013, 03:10 PM
I've used them for the past 8 years. I've never had a problem!

playa7
01-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Just received a new statue from them last month actually. Still no problems and I will continue ordering from them in the future.

Darth Snoopy
01-05-2013, 04:07 PM
BBTS is fantastic and has great customer service! :lecture

I've never had any problems with them. :D

Sweet Rabbit
01-05-2013, 04:08 PM
they're solid

golobulus
01-05-2013, 05:02 PM
I had used their pile of loot feature and a few of the items I had bought had some price drops. I brought it to their attention and they have me the new pricing before my order shipped. I think BBTS is great. I like their email list as well.

comicbookguy
01-05-2013, 05:17 PM
I've bought over 100k worth of collectibles from them in the last 2 years and they are very good! Otherwise I would not risk that much money with so so sites. They are better than anyone else. Top customer service in my book!

Capt.Yesterday
01-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Great site, I've used them for years now.

Adolfo
01-05-2013, 06:01 PM
They deliver

Lejuan
01-05-2013, 06:04 PM
What everyone else said - great packing, POL feature is great for OS buyers, CS is top notch. Great store.

jedi_don
01-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Since I live in California and have to pay taxes on figures, I use BBTS all the time. They package their items better than SSC and have great CS.

I also live in California, but order all my Sideshow statues from Action Figure Xpress or Alter Ego Comics (out of state retailers so no tax either). Both places offer another 5% discount compared to BBTS. Plus they drop ship, so you get your item shipped direct from Sideshow in California. With BBTS your statue goes from California to Wisconson and back to California. With all that travel, you increase the risk of damage.

jimmie_dimmick
01-05-2013, 07:18 PM
I've never used AE because every item I want they never have.

ApeManRyan
01-05-2013, 07:30 PM
BBTS is a great great place like everyone said. Basically what everyone else said is correct and they are 100% awesome. I have some things on Pre-order from them and ordered from them in the past. Great prices and Pretty fast shipping. Great service overall. :exactly::exactly::exactly:

Big Duke 6
01-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Numerous purchases and pre-orders, no complaints...

thenammagazine
01-05-2013, 08:23 PM

:exactly::goodpost:

I've bought over 100k worth of collectibles from them in the last 2 years and they are very good! Otherwise I would not risk that much money with so so sites. They are better than anyone else. Top customer service in my book!

U.S. dollars? Or Pesos?

JAWS
01-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Thanks everyone. Puts my mind at ease.

jedi_don
01-05-2013, 09:52 PM

AE is good for Bowen, Sideshow and Hot Toys, but BBTS provides variety. I shop BBTS for smaller items as their Pile of Loot helps save on shipping.

jkno
01-06-2013, 02:44 AM
I'm from Romania and ordered from them countless times. Never had a problem

Firebird
01-06-2013, 02:58 AM
Ordered from there a few times here and there. Never had a problem. They package up everything very well and it arrives on time.

Gipetto0812
01-06-2013, 03:06 AM
Like everyone else has said, cannot go wrong with BBTS. Top packaging, fast shipping, Pile of Loot is great, no cancellation fees, and their CS is comparable to SS

AE Pre-sells out a lot of the time so I don't use them as much as I used to plus they have a cancellation fee. Usually only buy from AE if they're the cheapest around for the item i want. I go with BBTS or straight from SS if I want an ex item nowadays.

AE is good for Bowen, Sideshow and Hot Toys, but BBTS provides variety. I shop BBTS for smaller items as their Pile of Loot helps save on shipping.
:exactly

I get most of my transformer items from them as well as awesome stuff that's on clearance that I probably don't need :lol

King Darkness
01-06-2013, 03:19 AM
BBTS is the absolute best! Dozens of orders with them, never had a single problem.

They also have the best selection, one stop shop for sure. Nobody can compare.

theWolvesBlood6
01-06-2013, 03:24 AM
If you are in California and are looking for a great deal and are in the south bay area, go find Ace of Comics in Lawndale. Ask for Jim. Great dude. He has some great prices.
I preordered a wayne suit from BBTS and canceled. At the same time I bought some boots for my Dexter bash from Monkey Depot. A week later I had a fraudulent activity on my debt card :slap. Just a heads up to keep an eye on your account when asked to use a credit card rather then Paypal

Scareb
01-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Ordered the Hot Toys Dark Knight Rises Batman from them and it shipped on the 28th via USPS Air Mail. Still hasn't arrived and I'm not sure how long it should take but I'm sure it'll arrive soon. I'll probably pick UPS next time haha.

Great customer service though and better prices then other places I've found.

Viking Spawn
01-08-2013, 12:46 AM
I've ordered from the BBTS many times over the years. Never any problems and I highly recommend them! :wink1:

v_chaidez
08-20-2015, 11:39 AM
Hey I have a quick question, does anyone know if BBTS ever offers coupons??

Y4NK33 PL4N3T
08-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Best in the US.

FriendlySamurai
08-20-2015, 01:20 PM
Don't know about coupons but I've gotten some awesome stuff on clearance from them, they've saved me several hundred bucks

v_chaidez
08-20-2015, 01:27 PM
Don't know about coupons but I've gotten some awesome stuff on clearance from them, they've saved me several hundred bucks

Yea, that's what I thought.. it looks like they don't offer actual coupons (or codes) but they have a ton of cool stuff on sale all the time.. just figured I'd ask as most collectible stores offer at least free shipping codes or stuff like that every now n then but it doesn't look like BBTS does that.

Sweet Rabbit
08-20-2015, 01:49 PM
The sales are good depending on what you're looking for..most of the sales are for toys

grphyx1
08-20-2015, 01:55 PM
Hey I have a quick question, does anyone know if BBTS ever offers coupons??

they offer combined shipping (through the Pile of Loot), you can lower your shipping cost by shipping multiple items.

Xed80
08-20-2015, 02:28 PM
I have not seen any coupons from them so far but I have found and bought a few discounted statues. Most recent one Red Sonja PF. I have not run into any problems with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

67L88Stingray
08-20-2015, 07:36 PM
I have always had good luck with them. I like that the pack out everything too. Any problems have been handled well also.

dajuice
08-20-2015, 08:31 PM
I love their Pile of Loot system, great packaging, no penalty on cancelled pre-orders, no taxes....

As for negatives, I wish they have a points reward system because I have spent so much money at their store...

wanderlai
08-23-2015, 10:28 AM
I was very impressed with the extra boxing and packaging. Nice bonus.

apellica
08-24-2015, 12:39 PM
I've ordered from them as well and it has been a good experience for me.

PermaG
08-24-2015, 12:59 PM
Used to have no problems with them...until they locked my account for their mishaps. :(

67L88Stingray
08-24-2015, 06:26 PM
Used to have no problems with them...until they locked my account for their mishaps. :(

They locked it by accident or due to having problems with your items?

PermaG
08-25-2015, 06:30 AM
Accidental problems with my items.

I bought a MSG Rex for 600.

About a week or so after getting the first, I went to buy another.
But the second time, I mistakenly placed an order for a second one twice.

Canceled the "second" one from round 2, a few minutes after checking out and received all the correct confirmation from PayPal.

Next time I went to buy something, my account was locked.

When I asked them about it, they said they sent me 2 Rexs, and that I canceled the money on 1 of them.
When in fact I technically ordered 3 and canceled one, so I only ever received 2 of them.

I think, they think, due to close proximity of ordering, that they sent me the 2 from the second batch and I didnt pay for one of those.

In the end, they want another 600 to reopen the account...so now I just buy else where.
...nevermind the fact Rex was overpriced to begin with.

67L88Stingray
08-25-2015, 02:32 PM
Did you ever talk to someone on the phone? Sounds like they just need to check that there was no third shipment tracking number and open you back up.

PermaG
08-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Yes and that is what I thought. They started down the road of wanting me to gather stuff from banks and credit cards to prove to reactivate.
Meh, only 1200 was taken, which is what I supposed to see taken, so I just order else where.

I assume there would be no 3rd tracking as they both would have been sent during the second order.
But then shouldnt as I canceled the 2nd.

Also that was the other thing. So I bought the 1st, paid for. Friend seen mine...as in in-hand/shipped/received, wanted one, so he bought through me.

On the 2nd time, I accidentally bought 2, seen the mistake, canceled the extra one that same night...no more than 5 more mins.
So with that, why did they ship me the ONE, then say I did not pay?
If I did pay and cancel, in such a way to try and cheat them, why were 2 not shipped at once?
If I canceled both...that same night...why did they ship me anything at all?
and if I canceled both, why was there another 600 taken out my account?

If I received 2 of them that 2nd time, I would have returned it or paid them.

BBTS was fairly comparable to Entertainment Earth, and I only used BBTS when EE didnt have what I wanted.
So now I just use EE more often for the smaller things.

67L88Stingray
08-26-2015, 07:56 AM
They should be able to see the weight/size that was used for the labels and would prove you only got one each time. Even a semi-intelligent rep should have been able to handle this. Honestly I would get it sorted either way, I would hate to have them try to sue you or sell your debt to a collection agency if they really think you owe them. You might get a nice credit out of it too for your trouble.

grphyx1
08-26-2015, 09:49 AM
From my understanding, when you pay for something, and cancel after, before hitting "ship my loot now", you have a credit on the site. So essentially you ordered 2 (by mistake), they charged you for 2, but you should have a credit for the amount of the item. That's been my experience. I'd definitely call them, they are very fair.

Yes and that is what I thought. They started down the road of wanting me to gather stuff from banks and credit cards to prove to reactivate.
Meh, only 1200 was taken, which is what I supposed to see taken, so I just order else where.

I assume there would be no 3rd tracking as they both would have been sent during the second order.
But then shouldnt as I canceled the 2nd.

Also that was the other thing. So I bought the 1st, paid for. Friend seen mine...as in in-hand/shipped/received, wanted one, so he bought through me.

On the 2nd time, I accidentally bought 2, seen the mistake, canceled the extra one that same night...no more than 5 more mins.
So with that, why did they ship me the ONE, then say I did not pay?
If I did pay and cancel, in such a way to try and cheat them, why were 2 not shipped at once?
If I canceled both...that same night...why did they ship me anything at all?
and if I canceled both, why was there another 600 taken out my account?

If I received 2 of them that 2nd time, I would have returned it or paid them.

BBTS was fairly comparable to Entertainment Earth, and I only used BBTS when EE didnt have what I wanted.
So now I just use EE more often for the smaller things.

jimcap
08-26-2015, 08:22 PM
Been buying from them for 2.5 years. They are my go to site for non Sideshow stuff. Never any problems. Love the pile of loot to save on shipping. Wish they had reward points.

Sweet Rabbit
08-27-2015, 02:14 AM
I really only use them for little things like Funko POPs

Armymedic1980
01-31-2016, 10:48 AM
BBTS has started to charge sales tax to out of state buyers. :panic: :dunno

dan350zr
01-31-2016, 11:52 AM
BBTS has started to charge sales tax to out of state buyers. :panic: :dunno

I figured it was just a matter of time....

Sweet Rabbit
01-31-2016, 12:41 PM
That's lame

jadekite22
01-31-2016, 03:12 PM
Damn, there goes Blitzway Rocky for me. I should've pre-ordered sooner.

Sweet Rabbit
01-31-2016, 03:16 PM
Damn, there goes Blitzway Rocky for me. I should've pre-ordered sooner.

They'll probably go back and add it to everything

Josh-A-Tron
01-31-2016, 03:52 PM
They'll probably go back and add it to everything
They sent an email before the end of the yearcand basically anything not shipped by the first week of January would then have sales tax added on.

rjszar
01-31-2016, 06:49 PM
I just got a big box of stuff on Friday and I didn't get charged any sales tax. Most of the stuff in the order just came in within the last two weeks. I also didn't get the e-mail about the tax either. The tax is going to hurt a bit if it is indeed universal.

WWEJedi
01-31-2016, 07:02 PM
Not sure what you guys are talking about with this sales tax. I just placed an order and there was no sales tax. I never received an email about it either. I am out of state also. So... not really sure why some are getting charged....

dajuice
01-31-2016, 09:48 PM
I never received an email from BBTS as well regarding the sales tax. If this is true, they lost about 90 - 95% of my purchases. They're my store because of no taxes and the Pile of Loot system and no penalties on cancelled pre-ordered items.

dan350zr
02-01-2016, 12:17 AM
I didn't see anything from BBTS.com regarding sales tax either... It could be they added some warehouse in certain states, if they did that then yeah those people who live in those states will need to pay sales taxes... That said, States have been going after online stores in regards to sales tax for awhile now, so like I said earlier if it's true then I'm not surprised and even if it's not true it's still just a matter of time before it becomes true... I used to buy everything through Amazon because it was all tax free, but that ended over a year ago as Amazon capitulated to the various states..

jadekite22
02-01-2016, 12:51 AM
They sent an email before the end of the yearcand basically anything not shipped by the first week of January would then have sales tax added on.

So does that mean its already included in the list price or is it something you only see at the checkout screen, same as shipping cost?

Armymedic1980
02-01-2016, 10:43 AM
I just got a reply from BBTS stating it's a sales tax nexus that started Jan 01. It is presently not all states, just the ones that they have to charge sales tax. Well, I won't be ordering from them anymore. Their prices were basically the same as SS, you would only save money from the shipping cost.

UPDATE: It only affects Wisconsin and Florida only.

Josh-A-Tron
02-01-2016, 03:51 PM
I just got a reply from BBTS stating it's a sales tax nexus that started Jan 01. It is presently not all states, just the ones that they have to charge sales tax. Well, I won't be ordering from them anymore. Their prices were basically the same as SS, you would only save money from the shipping cost.

UPDATE: It only affects Wisconsin and Florida only.
Those bastards....had to be Florida

EDIT: I'll still order though when they do good discounts.

BurningRage
02-01-2016, 05:14 PM
Yes tax free NYC

dajuice
02-01-2016, 05:16 PM
I used to buy everything through Amazon because it was all tax free, but that ended over a year ago as Amazon capitulated to the various states..

Me too. I spent so much on them until they started taxing Californian residents. Why did you give in to those greedy lawmakers?

Sweet Rabbit
02-02-2016, 02:44 AM
BBTS is tax free in Ohio

aeluna
02-06-2016, 07:06 PM
Several reasons to order from them vs. Sideshow. 1) Their shipping is much cheaper. You practically lose any reward points you accumulate with SS because of their shipping costs. 2) You can cancel anytime without fear of a NRD. 3) They double box your items meaning your shipper comes in looking minty fresh. The only reason I would order from SS would be if I was 100% sure about an item I wanted so I could get the points. If its an item I'm considering then I always go through BBTS.

67L88Stingray
02-06-2016, 09:20 PM
Several reasons to order from them vs. Sideshow. 1) Their shipping is much cheaper. You practically lose any reward points you accumulate with SS because of their shipping costs. 2) You can cancel anytime without fear of a NRD. 3) They double box your items meaning your shipper comes in looking minty fresh. The only reason I would order from SS would be if I was 100% sure about an item I wanted so I could get the points. If its an item I'm considering then I always go through BBTS.
You don't care about exclusives I take it?

Josh-A-Tron
02-07-2016, 12:02 AM
Yeah and BBTS has started charging deposits on some items. They also got tired of people canceling.

subzro
02-07-2016, 12:16 AM

Shipping is cheaper for some not all. I only save money if i wait 3 or 4 months and have multiple orders shipped togther. If i order a regular figure and have it shipped it is almost twice as much as SS.

jrice73
02-07-2016, 07:21 PM
I've ordered from BBTS for over a decade now and absolutely love them. Never had any problems. Honestly, BBTS and Amazon are the only two online sites I order from now. Rarely, if at all, do I order from Sideshow directly anymore.

dajuice
02-07-2016, 08:42 PM

I agree 100%. Also no taxes plus cheap shipping.

Sweet Rabbit
02-08-2016, 04:43 PM

BBTS is doing NRDs

Megacolor
02-12-2016, 07:44 AM
BBTS and Amazon are great...they take care of their customers.

Ivarbelina
05-28-2016, 10:46 AM
I live in the UK and I'm considering to buy an item from BBTS. The figure is about 200 (with shipping fee). I just want to ask how good the shipping service is (I'm planning to use DHL which said 3-5 days) and whether anyone has encountered any import fees/taxes for those in the EU? Any help is appreciated.

Taibhse
06-02-2016, 12:33 AM
I live in the UK and I'm considering to buy an item from BBTS. The figure is about 200 (with shipping fee). I just want to ask how good the shipping service is (I'm planning to use DHL which said 3-5 days) and whether anyone has encountered any import fees/taxes for those in the EU? Any help is appreciated.

Bear in mind you will pay 20% VAT on the cost of the item and its shipping combined, and generally the Courier company will also charge a fee, for processing the VAT charge on your behalf, with HM Revenue and Customs.. that paperwork fee appears to depend slightly on the value of the item, but is unlikely to be under 10.. this is the reason why figures in the UK, tend to cost the same in Sterling, as the advertised dollar price in the USA.. I tend to only buy figures from abroad, if for some reason I am finding it difficult to source them in the UK.

xipotec
06-04-2016, 11:22 AM
I hate there web site....its so "al over the place" for my eyes....

But overall , they are decent!

Ivarbelina
06-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Bear in mind you will pay 20% VAT on the cost of the item and its shipping combined, and generally the Courier company will also charge a fee, for processing the VAT charge on your behalf, with HM Revenue and Customs.. that paperwork fee appears to depend slightly on the value of the item, but is unlikely to be under 10.. this is the reason why figures in the UK, tend to cost the same in Sterling, as the advertised dollar price in the USA.. I tend to only buy figures from abroad, if for some reason I am finding it difficult to source them in the UK.

Thanks bro. Good to know. Shipping wise does it take a long time?

Taibhse
06-17-2016, 02:43 PM
Thanks bro. Good to know. Shipping wise does it take a long time?

Generally it will take a couple of weeks (sometimes it's quicker), part of this is the whole customs and tax process when it hits Blighty ..but I seem to remember that BBTS supply tracking details, so you can follow your packages progress.. it has been awhile since I ordered something from them.

spindrift
06-17-2016, 05:12 PM
BBTS is A #1 with me- great double boxing and fast service

AC_808
06-18-2016, 08:27 AM
I concur! BBTS has always given me the best service. And I buy from them often.

franpincho
06-18-2016, 05:01 PM
Better than SSC at handling SSC products.

Centurion
06-18-2016, 05:19 PM
Better than SSC at handling SSC products.
LOL! I can't argue that! :lol

ReplicantSavior
06-24-2016, 06:35 PM
The best thing about BBTS is their grading. They don't joke around from what I've seen when they grade boxes.