Kotobukiya Man of Steel Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnumOpus

Super Freak
Reaction score
543148_577642468918820_249741124_n.jpg

I really like the basic shape of that 'S', it's very golden age. I just wish they didn't feel the need to cover it with extra lines and textures.

I really like the basic shape of that 'S', it's very golden age. I just wish they didn't feel the need to cover it with extra lines and textures.

Is just to give some "Alien" look :thud:

Pass on all the "Man of Steel" stuff. I don't like the look of or the angle. I've never been a fan of the Superman stuff that played up his alien origins and angst. He's Superman, raised by humans and for all intents and purposes a human and doesn't suffer from angst!

John Byrne got it perfectly.

matrix9.jpg

matrix10.jpg

matrix11.jpg

That's SUPERMAN! In my opinion. :)

Pass on all the "Man of Steel" stuff. I don't like the look of or the angle. I've never been a fan of the Superman stuff that played up his alien origins and angst. He's Superman, raised by humans and for all intents and purposes a human and doesn't suffer from angst!

John Byrne got it perfectly.

matrix9.jpg

matrix10.jpg

matrix11.jpg

That's SUPERMAN! In my opinion. :)

Probably the Best incarnation of Superman in comics! John Byrne hit Jackpot!! The Byrne years are absolutely great!:clap

However, keep in mind this is not a comicbook it's a movie based in a real world setting that is based on a comic book. Remember all the fuss when they admited that they would be changing the Captain America suit for TFA? Then just to show fans that what they wanted would look goofy they showed us what it would look like, and then they gave a real world practical suit.

I have always thought that anyone in the comic suit looks goofy. Yes that includes Reev. While I loved it as a kid he just looks like a reject from a costume store now IMO. Tweaking the suit to have a more solid practical look for a movie is a good choice when given that the original inspiration for Superman's suit was a strongman in tights with a cape. Considering that freak shows with strongmen don't exist anymore the reference doesn't even make sense to most.

Remember unless you could clone a Ross or Byrne drawing or hell even the SSC PF you will never get that comic book look right. Not even if we could get Reev back.

Damn I'm really hoping this doesnt look good. This year is going to hurt my wallet so much with MoS coming out. I just know I'm going to eat up most of everything :lol

I grew up during the Curt Swan years. Byrne was OK too.

New 52 Superman must go.
Eh those were all ok for when they came out. As much as I love superman, I never felt real danger when reading his comics. Always enjoyed reading batman more until more and more graphic novels started showing so that's what I started reading more of instead. Dropped monthly comics for a long time until new 52 stuff. I hate Jim Lee and like most hated the new suits. I will not lie, I do not like the Action Comics series it's terrible and I stopped reading after the first 5 issues. However the New52 Superman series totally has my attention. Especially since they started the new story in the latestes issues. I'm actually about to go back and pick up Supergirl and Superboy just too see what I missed in there since they're all connect for the time being. New52 superman while not the best I've read is really go nonetheless. If you're a Superman fan with an opened mind however, I'd highly recommend Superman Earth One. Such great stuff to read and I just finished volume 2 tonight. One of the best Superman graphic novels I've read in a long while

Last edited:
Eh those were all ok for when they came out. As much as I love superman, I never felt real danger when reading his comics.

Nope, Swan's stuff always felt like a high level outline for a story. His discussions were usually confined to one or two panels. His characters were more static in pose and he didn't do huge splash pages. It was a different era. His tone was more complimentary to kids who grew up on George Reeve's "Adventures of..." on Saturdays.

I enjoyed Byrne's reboot, I was in high school and it worked for me at the time. I think it's a bit dated too by today's standards. I was also struck by Alan Moore's amazing "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" story at the end of Swan's run, it was so good I actually felt sad they were moving on.

I'm actually about to go back and pick up Supergitl and Superboy ....

:rotfl Supergit!!!

Nope, Swan's stuff always felt like a high level outline for a story. His discussions were usually confined to one or two panels. His characters were more static in pose and he didn't do huge splash pages. It was a different era. His tone was more complimentary to kids who grew up on George Reeve's "Adventures of..." on Saturdays.

I enjoyed Byrne's reboot, I was in high school and it worked for me at the time. I think it's a bit dated too by today's standards. I was also struck by Alan Moore's amazing "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" story at the end of Swan's run, it was so good I actually felt sad they were moving on.
yea I agree that "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow" was really, really good.

Kamandi said:
:rotfl Supergit!!!
oops! :slap :lol

fixed now

Last edited:
****, Man of Steel is getting all kinds of high-end attention this year. Sideshow, Koto, and Hot Toys? Sounds like collectors will have plenty of options to pick their favorites.

Back